No more MM mocks

dunno how people liked the 2019 mocks, they were full of errors and hardly any questions on f income even though the weight of the subject increased. The questions written on f income by majority of the providers were awful

Wow! What a bummer…those mocks were SO helpful. I literally just made an account on this forum so I could be sure S2K received my thanks. I messaged him via the MM message board, but given the falling out, I’m not sure he got it.

So with that:

S2K,

The mock exams that you created were so helpful and, in my opinion, very relevant to the actual exam. I’m sure building mocks from scratch is no easy task, and I thank you for taking on the challenge. I would be remiss if I did not also thank you for taking the time to review my mock one-on-one. That session was so incredibly helpful— you cannot even believe! I would have lost so many points over-elaborating and adding answers to hedge myself, which would have only hurt. I’m happy to say I have since joined the community of charterholders. Mahalo for everything.

You are probably referring to L2 and not L3 mocks, right?

Yea I also saw that LinkedIn post, he is probably referring to someone whose selling his videos India or something. Maybe even just being scary in a public post to scare them off, not more.

So, a guy who has never sat for an actual cfa exam is going to write your mock exams? Hahahaha y’all need help if you’re still supporting meldrum

Ps: I better not catch you guys asking magician questions either

I wrote 11 item sets on Fixed Income for Level II; 66 questions in all.

Unfortunately, I cannot say how many of those made it into the mock exams he sold as I was never given access to those exams.

Also, why are you shouting?

I don’t know why but I think MM is there in this thread.

The L2 mocks probably prepared me well for the exam, because my practice was mainly based on MM mocks, nothing else much. I was only bothered with a lot of errors, it was frustrating because I was under-prepared, started practicing mocks very late (end of May) so I didn’t have that much time, it was very stressful to be near the exam and encounter errors while you already lack practice, doesn’t mean that your mocks were poorly written, only means that the mocks probably lacked quality reviews which I think should have been MM’s role too, since he is outsourcing the job, he needs to perform quality reviews and it is well known that usually the person whose written/prepared something can’t catch the errors, it must be someone else who reviews with a fresh eye and mind and so I don’t see it entirely your fault - I am not the type who could tell how much the mocks resembled the real exam (i could hardly remember the questions on the real exam the minute I am out of the hall, let alone remember the mocks I solved, yea!), but I am thinking since I did really well on the exam with all that lack preparation, the mocks practice probably prepared me well.

I guess what I am saying, I hope I don’t get misunderstood by referring to the errors in the mocks, you are well respected here, you seem to have helped a lot of candidates over the years, and so I hope nothing of what i said offended you, I was just being honest in sharing my experience.

I think Mark is Afridi9rizwan LOL :grin:

Oh the Melodruma! :stuck_out_tongue:

I fund it funny, being formerly in technology field and programmer, that MM has a fake IP scan and various facades when you download his videos for offline playback… The whole thing plays for like 10 seconds which is all for show.

He has done PhD so I think CFA is just a peace of cake for him. Thats why he did not take CFA exam.

He didn’t do something that you believe would be really, really easy _ because _ it would be really, really easy?

That reasoning is just weird.

Just needed to point out that this is an absolutely huge sentence…!

Ok.

I have a PhD and passed all the exams first try. That said, the work required is still substantial so it’s not really a piece of cake. The only advantage MM would have over most candidates is that he’s likely very comfortable teaching himself (a skill that is essential to earning a PhD).

The likely real answer is that he’s not willing to put in the effort, and probably feels he doesn’t need to in order to validate his service. Based on the feedback people have given about his services, it seems most folks would agree with him.

No i was talking about level 3, since january 2019 i was searching for questions similiar to the exam format, ift just copy pastes from the cfa website and just changes names and numbers, kaplan dont even try, MM mocks were only good to cover book 2 and book 6, none of the providers had questions on both equity and f income which is why globally students struggled at it

i wish i was, hes the best provider out there and doesnt rob students like the others. been a student of his since 2015 and oh so feel lucky

I’m not offended at all by anything you’ve written here.

As you should be.