NYU Part-Time

Then NYU is top-notch in terms of profs, curriculum, resources, etc. so I say go for it and best of luck to you!

Thanks…I’ve requested info. Haven’t taken GMATs or anything so we’ll see. I just wish it was closer ;( tired of commuting.

recruiting was the biggest draw back i heard as well. i know a number of people in the f-t program graduating this year that had nice internships last summer, not sure how they ended up with f-t offers though. i did my undergrad at stern. i agree that the profs, curriculum, resources and network are top notch esp. on the street, but if i went f-t i think it would really have to be a top 3-5 program to make me quit my job. stern’s drop from top 5 to top 25 p-t program is very alarming though.

I take those ratings with a grain of salt.

Satisfaction with the PT program is very low. it’s basically class warfare between the FT and PT students. They hate each other.

haha…then I might go there just to have a Battle Royal or a Royal Rumble!!!

im in the same bout – post CFA and going for the best part time out there. Bigwilly…i believe we work for the same parent company.

my coworker goes to lagone. 660-ish gmat. CPA.

Oh do we??

If you’re a CFA Charterholder, you still need to take the GMAT. That being said, your GMAT doesn’t have to be “wow” to get in, esp with the CFA. I got into NYU-Westchester (part of Lagone) and will be starting school in the fall.

What is the deal with that…do you have to go into the city at all??

Yes, the last semester is done in the city. Requirements are still the same as the PT in the city. I live in Stamford, so Westchester is far more convenient than taking a train and a subway to class, considering I work 10min away from White Plains.

Yeah whiteplains is closer for me too, I guess classes start at 6 or 6:30?? That last semester will be a B!tch though…

http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/langone/innovativecurricula.cfm?doc_id=5288

many thanks.

So it looks like it would only be 1 or 2 nights aweek taking the train into NYC for the latter part of the program correct?

Think so big willy as we have the same school reinbursement program. Remember its you must work for 1 year after you get your reinbursement. But still…very fair and a great benefit. I can shoot you a note to confirm. Sawastea – I hope you are right! GMAT is giving me a bit of a fit. Damn exponents and prime numbers.

shoot me an email at b i g w i l l y 1 1 1 8 9 @ g m a i l . c o m

This might be a stupid question, but how are most professors with regards to missing classes due to work? They don’t have that stupid 3 and you fail policy do they?

They’re cool… you can watch all the classes online via video-link and some profs teach 2 sections so they’ll let you go to the other one. Overall they are pretty understanding as long as you are communicative about absences and show that you are making an effort to attend as many classes as possible. You are paying their salary, after all.