NYU Part-Time

I’m just wrapping up my application for weekends at Washington Square right now. Some of the Langone alums I work with recommended trying to test out/get out of the introductory accounting and finance courses since it’s graded on a bell curve. Another recommendation I received was to try to take the classes which are more important to you during the regular session rather than the accelerated sessions… pretty intuitive, I guess. For those in the NYC area applying to NYU part-time, did any of you also consider Columbia’s accelerated program? It’s exactly like their traditional MBA but starts in January and lasts for 18 months… by the second year the J-Term class is fully integrated with the students who matriculated the prior September. My read is that it may be a better experience and you’re out of the workforce for less time but it’s more expensive in tuition and opportunity costs.

Woudl I have to test out, even if I was a Finance & Marketing double major so I took all those core classes???

sent bw

What are the job prospects after completeing a part-time at NYU? Assuming you continue in finance? w/o the college recruitment is there a nice bump in pay and position???

soma80 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m just wrapping up my application for weekends > at Washington Square right now. Some of the > Langone alums I work with recommended trying to > test out/get out of the introductory accounting > and finance courses since it’s graded on a bell > curve. Another recommendation I received was to > try to take the classes which are more important > to you during the regular session rather than the > accelerated sessions… pretty intuitive, I > guess. > > For those in the NYC area applying to NYU > part-time, did any of you also consider Columbia’s > accelerated program? It’s exactly like their > traditional MBA but starts in January and lasts > for 18 months… by the second year the J-Term > class is fully integrated with the students who > matriculated the prior September. My read is that > it may be a better experience and you’re out of > the workforce for less time but it’s more > expensive in tuition and opportunity costs. how are the opp costs higher if it is less time in school

Looking more about it for LT versus Short Term.

The opportunity cost is higher because it’s the Columbia Accelerated MBA is a full time program… I would have to leave the workforce versus just doing weekends at NYU.