Obama wins Nobel peace prize

His groundbreaking work on disarmament can be summed up as: “We should all lay down our weapons. You go first.”

Hadouken Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is as laughable as giving him the Cy Young > Award for throwing out the first pitch for the > White Sox. Love it!

Obama was nominated 12 days after he started the presidency.

Hey Barack, sorry about Rio in 2016. As consolation, we contacted some of our friends in Europe and decided to give you this award. I know it isn’t much, but I hope we’re still on good terms. Sincerely, d-bags who rule the various international committees

… is this a joke?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-wins-nobel-peace-prize/story?id=8788973 Awesome: ‘Two key White House aides were both convinced they were being punked when they heard the news, reported ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos. “It’s not April 1, is it?” one said. ’

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What about Bill Clinton and his foundation? > > > I’d even throw Klaus Schwab out there for building > a forum that has attracted world leaders from all > corners and facets. It took Jimmy Carter more than 20 yrs after his presidency to win this prize. Bill Clinton will likely recieve it sooner or later.

I guess Obama got it for closing Guantanamo - since he should have that done in about 20 years.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the peace prize officially became a joke > when Yassir Arafat won it. Sure. I think Sharon was more deserving.

“Obama wins Nobel peace prize” Well derserved! +1000 The guy is a serious leader, a rare kind some knowledge of self and serious inner strength. Imagine trying to lead a country of angry arguing idiots and not lose your way. You guys would fold to mass crowd stupidity in the first week. He’s doing an aweome job leading us where we need to go even though we are too stupid to know we need to go there. Amazing steps in the right direction in our relationship with the world.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Obama wins Nobel peace prize” > > > Well derserved! +1000 > > The guy is a serious leader, a rare kind some > knowledge of self and serious inner strength. > Imagine trying to lead a country of angry arguing > idiots and not lose your way. You guys would fold > to mass crowd stupidity in the first week. He’s > doing an aweome job leading us where we need to go > even though we are too stupid to know we need to > go there. > > Amazing steps in the right direction in our > relationship with the world. True, but he hasn’t done anything yet. It’s all talk so far. Hope for this , hope for that.

On a more relevant and interesting topic: I try not to take awards too seriously, but if Jeter wins the MVP over Mauer the BBWA should just admit they don’t really watch or understand baseball, and are an ancient relic of a bygone time.

Hey guys, chillax. As O pointed out himself the award is a call to action. It is true that internationally he has inspired hope. The world is now urging him to bring peace to it. Its like if someone awards you the CFA charter right out of college with and English major. WOuldnt you then spend the rest of your life becoming the greatest finance guy ever?

At least golf is in the olympics! Does BO even know there’s a war going on in Afghanistan?

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > On a more relevant and interesting topic: I try > not to take awards too seriously, but if Jeter > wins the MVP over Mauer the BBWA should just admit > they don’t really watch or understand baseball, > and are an ancient relic of a bygone time. How do you figure? While Mauer’s offensive statistics are slightly better than Jeter’s, I would argue Jeter is better at the intangibles such as being a great leader, and a great base runner. He had is on a vastly superior team (as will be shown in this series), and played just about every game this year, while Mauer only played 4/5 games or so as a catcher. Don’t worry though, Mauer will obviously win the title. There are certain people in the BBWA that hate the yanks so much they wouldn’t even vote for Jeter as MVP - see a few years back when he was the leading candidate to win it and some of them gave him a 6th place vote.

Not to state the obvious but doing anything starts with first imagining that it is already true, or giving people hope that it can be true. He can’t do anything, he has to inspire others (you guys) to do it, then it becomes reality. He has had a huge impact worldwide. When I talked to my friends in China after the election they were very excited and hopeful things would change. The USA is huge, we caused massive problems for people all over the world (Bush) and are totally unaware of that fact. World view, really there is no guy more important than big O, no guy could make a bigger impact. He’s doing what he can to use that power for *peace*, hence peace price. It is really basic stuff guys.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not to state the obvious but doing anything starts > with first imagining that it is already true, or > giving people hope that it can be true. He can’t > do anything, he has to inspire others (you guys) > to do it, then it becomes reality. > > He has had a huge impact worldwide. When I talked > to my friends in China after the election they > were very excited and hopeful things would change. > The USA is huge, we caused massive problems for > people all over the world (Bush) and are totally > unaware of that fact. World view, really there is > no guy more important than big O, no guy could > make a bigger impact. He’s doing what he can to > use that power for *peace*, hence peace price. > > It is really basic stuff guys. Wait you are trying to have a civil argument with logical points with very right-wing conservatives? That’s like trying to teach a monkey to do algebra.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, chillax. As O pointed out himself the > award is a call to action. It is true that > internationally he has inspired hope. The world is > now urging him to bring peace to it. Its like if > someone awards you the CFA charter right out of > college with and English major. WOuldnt you then > spend the rest of your life becoming the greatest > finance guy ever? needhelp, last year American people awarded him with the presidency, he has all the power and tools to make the world a better, safer place. He doesn’t need a nobel prize to achieve what he is already supposed to. I have a great respect for him but like one of the pundits called him on tv last week he is just a charismatic outsider.

Bush sucked no doubt…we have yet to see Bama’s impact…i will hold back opinion until we do I would lay more blame on the world’s economic problems on Bernanke, Paulson and now Geithner…not to mention Congress for the last 15 years

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The peace prize will always be of controversy, > only the scientific field ones are truly > deserving. Yeah, and not the economics ones either. Taleb still complains about Scholes.