OBL is Dead

Time to celebrate!

You are next Trump! :slight_smile:

Trump wants proof. He is requesting the death certificate.

Not only is he dead. It looks like we actually killed him. That’s impressive.

No surprise he was in Pakistan. I knew that was going to be the case, but Islamabad? Ive met so many lovely pakistanis in my travels, but there is definitely something messed up about the place. I don’t know what the West can do to help Pakistan, probably nothing, but it is clear that they aren’t helping themselves.

nice move by Obama to get him killed before his re-election campaign. how long they had him before they decided to kill him

I’m sure they used black scholes to figure out the optimal time to attack him for the election. /I’m voting for Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

The more I think about it, the funnier it sounds. There were 5 people in a quite big house, Osama with a wife, his brother, his son and a messenger. That’s it. Why kill them? More logical and appropriate to take them to court. Nobody (except for soldiers) has seen the body, and it was dumped immediately into the sea. Presidential campaign starts. Perfect timing for becoming a hero. Arab Spring. The value of Osama has been low already, and got even lower while the Arab world is seeking democracy. Osama, at least at the beginning, was financed by the US, actually they made him what he was, and helped to form the organization he was leading. Sounds like he was an actor, who had to retire. I don’t say, the terrorist organization does not exist, but when it is more or less organized under a CIA sleeper, it is easier to confront it, don’t you think? Well, it’s just another conspiracy theory, however it doesn’t sound crazier than the “truth” from the newspapers.

We are as of yet not being told very much. I agree. He is dead though, I’ll believe that.

Well done, SEAL team 6. A friend from high school was in the SEALs. I might check with him in a few weeks to see if he heard anything juicy through the grapevine. Meanwhile, it’s as plain as plain yogurt that Bin Laden was being harbored by the Pakistani military / ISI. The house, built in 2005, was about a kilometer from the Pakistani military academy, and there are apparently a lot of top military brass who live or retire in the area. Just ridiculous. I’m not sure how we should react to this kind of crap from our very nominal allies. Oh, and well done to our Kenyandonesian president too.

I wonder how Osama felt looking through his blinds only to see 24 Navy SEALs fast roping down into his compound. Those guys from SEAL Team Six are truly incredible.

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The more I think about it, the funnier it sounds. > There were 5 people in a quite big house, Osama > with a wife, his brother, his son and a messenger. > That’s it. Why kill them? More logical and > appropriate to take them to court. > > Sounds like he was an actor, who had to retire. I > don’t say, the terrorist organization does not > exist, but when it is more or less organized under > a CIA sleeper, it is easier to confront it, don’t > you think? i don’t think he was the type to go quietly or willingly so the shots were most likely necessary. his time was over and he knew it, which is why the organization is now so decentralized.

Ok I usually don’t go for conspiracy theories, but I never bought the Bin Laden thing. Invade a country for one man ? Give me a break. I think Bin Laden as the US government & media described him was a story. The public needed a villain after 9/11.

Umm, are you aware this is the same guy that was well documented as behind the Yemen ship bombing, several hotel bombings and even the Mogadishu “Black Hawk Down” mess long before 9/11 ever occurred. It’s not like the towers fell and we just made him up. I mean, to the point that it later turned out the intel that brought us into Mogadishu was bait planted intentionally by Al Queda.

Actually, I think Viceroy makes an excellent point. The US keeps building up this “Osama bin Laden” character, causing us to neglect true threats to society, such as the mutant supervillain Apocalypse. I mean, this guy traveled to the past in order to enslave all of humanity. I don’t know about you, but I would not want my children to grow up in a world threatened by slavery under supervillains.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm, are you aware this is the same guy that was > well documented as behind the Yemen ship bombing, > several hotel bombings and even the Mogadishu > “Black Hawk Down” mess long before 9/11 ever > occurred. It’s not like the towers fell and we > just made him up. I mean, to the point that it > later turned out the intel that brought us into > Mogadishu was bait planted intentionally by Al > Queda. He was the face of the organization, but I doubt he was the brains behind it. He most likely financed its activities, but dead or alive his money will continue to support terrorist groups. He has become irrelevant years ago. By the way, when does the movie come out?

I can’t wait for the movie.

I disagree with those who say Bin Laden was merely a symbolic figure. He was someone that was trying to build links between all the different Islamist movements throughout the world, from Kashmir to Mindanao to Chechnya, movements that are inherently local and turning them into a unified global jihad. It’s hard to see others following in his footsteps and looking to play the same role, so I don’t think anyone will really replace him soon. Regarding SEALS, (in case it is public info), is only DEVGRU used for hostage rescue and anti-terrorist strikes like this one, or are the other SEAL teams also used?

Anyone who buys the conspiracy theory that he isnt dead and they want to see the body is an idiot. Do you really think the US would risk doing this with him still being alive and have him pop his head up and say “look at me im alive, the US are liars, I was right” ??