Official: 2011 CFA LII Results countdown thread...

I know we live in different time zone but I dont think that 26-9=15 >

a) 14 b) 15 c) 16

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > a) 14 > b) 15 > c) 16 July 26 - July 10 = option c

our exam papers have been graded by now and they are now setting the MPS… this wait is taking forever,

lets all pray for a lower MPS

I found this on the CFAI website. Not sure if link has been posted elsewhere: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/exams/Documents/exam_results_timeline_june.pdf

One more week before I start to freak out about my exam results again.

A little over 2 weeks until I’m devastated…

Is it worth it for me to take it the 3rd time if I failed??? I know people who’s got their CFA and still have a Sh&tty job. Some people in this forum act as if their world will be over if they fail. Shouldn’t we realize that theres a world outside of CFA???

if i pass this exam, i will be quiting my SH%tty job, using my savings to a new country (australia), and starting from new to pursue my dream career. if i fail, i wont be renrolling for CFA, ill stay in my sh&tty job, and just quit this pursuit of happiness b&*&cr$%p

Hey Mr Moose. I too plan to move back to Australia (my home) soon. Your plan sounds like a good one. I failed L2 in 2010 but didn’t accept defeat. Good luck for the 26th but whatever the case may be, don’t let one year of hard work keep you from your dreams.

I think it really depends on how useful it is for you to get a job with that extra exam… you still need experience to get that CFA designation, so why rush, wait until you get the job and have your employer to pay for your exam… unless you have too much (time and money) and don’t know where to spend and frankly, the world outside CFA is much BIGGER, don’t put limit on yourself because of that L1 pass and this is my 3rd go, do or die for me =p

Its crazy how I hear stories about people committing suicide because of failures in school. I know people who are making hundreds of thousands $$$ AND they looks forward to going to work. Can you imagine? Waking up everyday with the motivation to go to work??? Guess what…they don’t have any designations!. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not down playing the credibility of CFA or any designations for that matter. I think each designation is worth pursuing in its own merit. However, sometimes Shit don’t work out and we juss gotta find another way. I guess my rambling is for those who will feel like Shit cause they don’t think they have what it takes to get a CFA designation. Don’t go into depression and throw your life away…thats what happen to my friend and I don’t want that to happen to someone else. peace!!! Good luck to all!!!

I think the issue for most of us is that in order to have a chance of passing this exam we have to let it completely consume us… If you fail something that ‘defines’ you, of course you’re going to get depressed… But like all challenges in life, this is just an opportunity to find out what you’re really made of. Suck it up, learn from your mistakes (<50%) and try again. Then party twice as hard when you pass :slight_smile:

thanks for all the encouragement SFA, I really need it. Hopefully in a few days we get the good news weve all been waiting for. so here it goes ladies and gentlemen, only 13 days left till the M#$#$n fireworks show starts.

Sometimes life ain’t that cut and dry. I graduated in 2009 with a msc in finance and have been unemployed/unemployable ever since…In the year of my graduation I only managed to secure one interview for a graduate scheme at which I failed miserably with nervous breakdowns and assorted embarrasments visiting me on the day…the next year I tried to dust myself off and learn from my mistakes with confidence that I will get a job that year…I went swimming everyday, studied for the cfa level 1 and had a (meaningless) part time job during the Xmas season…Thinking that I have overcome my pathological shyness and general social ineptitude I applied again, this time to backoffice functions…made it to the final round at a couple of firms and again was overcome with fear so much so that I withdrew my application on the day of the interview (5hrs before I was to appear in person in London)…I still remember hovering my mouse pointer over the ‘withdraw application’ link for 15 mins straight, thinking to myself that if i click this…i will not bounce back again…finally at 3 am in the morning, 5 hrs before the final interview was to take place, I clicked it…Now it is 2011 and the CFA which used to be a sense of confirmation for me has become a mere mockery, reminding me of how distant I actually am from anywhere…Half heartedly studying for level 2 with a sense of failure before even opening the books…Telling my friends about my anxieties only makes it sound like I am looking for an excuse for failure…telling my parents about my anxieties results in either an ignorant response or a discussion of whether I should have gone to see a psychiatrist after a head injury in my childhood…I have a cousin whose high school grades were so bad that his parents shipped him off to a different country to attend one of those ‘last tier’ universities with minimal entry requirements…he is now married, has a little baby girl, and has the CPA designation and is going from strength to strength…I feel an incredible sense of shame when I am forced to confront him or my classmates almost all of which are associates at some large financial institution or have some sense of purpose…Ahhhh I am sorry for this rant!..I guess what I am trying to say is…to my self and anyone who is at the dowside of advantage…hopefully we will find our mast in the storms of life,be it a girl, a career…or anything.

I feel for you Alladin i really do, best wishes Penny