"Official I failed CFA Level 3 2010 and didnt even get a stupid T shirt "thread

Failed too.

Ha guys cheer up. It took me three times (four years) to pass level II and twice to pass level III. I spend over 1000 hours on level III this year. You all can do it. Best of luck next year.

CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the people that failed how many used CFAI > exclusively? No schweser or any other 3rd party > study providers? Here. I won’t even admit that I used CFAI books exclusively since I failed Level 2 for the 2nd time. I never bought one 3rd party provider since then. I’ve even done all of the EOC problems every year.

I went through schweser at least twice secret sauce heavily and CFA EOC …i sense looking at the poo that are my results that i need to focus some more on the CFA books …but most of those reading are uneccarily long and verbose ( behavioural finance for eg ) …

Failed … miserably CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the people that failed how many used CFAI > exclusively? No schweser or any other 3rd party > study providers? I used it exclusively… no other source =/ well, except for Analyst Forum.

Sorry to hear that, Pimpin. Get back on the horse and kill that SOB next year.

Band 10 fail which is funny because i absolutely bombed the AM with only 2 questions above 70 and one between 50-70. If only I had managed my time better.

Band 9 FAIL. I knew going in that I had not done what was necessary for the Risk Mgt, Performance Eval, and Monitoring and Rebalancing, and those were the topics that probably got me. We had a baby in late January, and I didn’t pick up a book from then until April. Had I known how much work it is to have a newborn at home, I would have tried to get further ahead than I did before his arrival. I think the key to passing any of these 3 exams is the work you can put in over the last 4 weeks. If you are still trying to learn things or only seeing them for the 1st time at that point, you are in trouble. If you can spend the last 4 weeks dialing in on the minutae and banging out practice questions, you’re in good shape. Unfortunately I was in the former group.

People, cheer up! It is not the end of the world. There is always next year. Good luck to you all.

I truly feel terrible for those of you who put in a solid effort and came up short. Stick with it, you’ll get it next time. For the record, I passed all three exams without ever looking at a CFAI text…Schweser only.

boondocksaint Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am glad someone started this thread. Reading > the “official” results thread, you would think > everyone passsed. I’m pretty sure many people failed but did not post their results (self reporting bias).

BAND 10 - so painfully close its utterly miserable What’s the new study plan for next year? I felt like I stuck to my schedule, read all of Schweser and did 12 practice exams and still couldn’t cut it. More CFAI and EOC? Schweser online classes?

Band 9er here. I had about an hour of FML thoughts initially this morning, but I’m surprisingly over it already. Yes, the sting of knowing that I just burned 5 months of preparation and some dough with no shiny new charter to show for lingers on, but just remember how close we are!!! We can do this. We’ve all gotten this far. There will definitely be an exasperated sigh let out the first time I crack open CFAI vol I (again), but I’m actually kind of looking forward to it. I like coming home after a 3 hour weeknight study session smelling like a giant Starbucks latte. I like downloading some new tunes to listen to while I read. I like coming up with insulting nicknames for whatever goon they put on the cover of the Schweser books. I enjoy the learning process and I even like reading about Implementation Shortfall. I have a wonderful and understanding spouse who gets why I’m doing this and I hope that you all have similar people supporting you. I hope that none of you give up. We have a lot to look forward to.

dmn224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Band 9er here. I had about an hour of FML > thoughts initially this morning, but I’m > surprisingly over it already. Yes, the sting of > knowing that I just burned 5 months of preparation > and some dough with no shiny new charter to show > for lingers on, but just remember how close we > are!!! > > We can do this. We’ve all gotten this far. There > will definitely be an exasperated sigh let out the > first time I crack open CFAI vol I (again), but > I’m actually kind of looking forward to it. I > like coming home after a 3 hour weeknight study > session smelling like a giant Starbucks latte. I > like downloading some new tunes to listen to while > I read. I like coming up with insulting nicknames > for whatever goon they put on the cover of the > Schweser books. I enjoy the learning process and > I even like reading about Implementation > Shortfall. > > I have a wonderful and understanding spouse who > gets why I’m doing this and I hope that you all > have similar people supporting you. > > I hope that none of you give up. We have a lot to > look forward to. meh…

Failed Band 10, second time. Had to keep it together like a big girl and work after that.

dmn224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Band 9er here. I had about an hour of FML > thoughts initially this morning, but I’m > surprisingly over it already. Yes, the sting of > knowing that I just burned 5 months of preparation > and some dough with no shiny new charter to show > for lingers on, but just remember how close we > are!!! > > We can do this. We’ve all gotten this far. There > will definitely be an exasperated sigh let out the > first time I crack open CFAI vol I (again), but > I’m actually kind of looking forward to it. I > like coming home after a 3 hour weeknight study > session smelling like a giant Starbucks latte. I > like downloading some new tunes to listen to while > I read. I like coming up with insulting nicknames > for whatever goon they put on the cover of the > Schweser books. I enjoy the learning process and > I even like reading about Implementation > Shortfall. > > I have a wonderful and understanding spouse who > gets why I’m doing this and I hope that you all > have similar people supporting you. > > I hope that none of you give up. We have a lot to > look forward to. This was my day as well… band 9 too. At least I started out well! (+70% on Q1 and 2 in the AM session… downhill from there)

Guys, I have a mixed feeling now – as if a battle is over and won, but you lost many friends. pimpineasy, BiPolarBoyBoston, programmer, LaGrandeFinale, kurmanal and all others – thank you for your posts on AF. I will keep my fingers crossed and I’m sure you will complete the program in 2011.

this is a scary thread… what does band 7, band 8 or band 10 mean? thanks

Band 7 failed 2nd time. Last year I was in band 8, I know I screwed up the AM(did not even attempt 20 marks) but I thought I nailed the PM…but no. I did Schweser and 60 % CFAI for main topics and all its EOC of CFAI. All morning I was thinking of quitting, lost confidence. I started CFA to gain some finance knowledge but did not realize it will be so hard on my confidence and personal life. I have two kids and I feel I missing their childhood and not spending time with them. The charter will not be of much help in my career…I think, as I am not in investment banking or equity research. Thanks all of you for your input, nobody except you can understand this feeling. PHUCK

Failed…Band 5…was my first time at L3. hadnt really studied that well so cant say am shocked…will be starting prep next week to nail it come June 2011 ! another $630 and a year towards this thing…damn !