"Official I failed CFA Level 3 2010 and didnt even get a stupid T shirt "thread

bills Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Band 7 failed 2nd time. > > Last year I was in band 8, I know I screwed up the > AM(did not even attempt 20 marks) but I thought I > nailed the PM…but no. I did Schweser and 60 % > CFAI for main topics and all its EOC of CFAI. All > morning I was thinking of quitting, lost > confidence. I started CFA to gain some finance > knowledge but did not realize it will be so hard > on my confidence and personal life. I have two > kids and I feel I missing their childhood and not > spending time with them. The charter will not be > of much help in my career…I think, as I am not > in investment banking or equity research. Thanks > all of you for your input, nobody except you can > understand this feeling. > > > PHUCK I got a band 8…1st attempt. Messed up in the AM section. Time management killed me as I left 35 marks blank…f***…don’t know what I was thinking, thought I had more time! Did much better in PM, but not good enough to make up for the AM. I feel your pain as I have 2 young kids as well. Wife already gave me her blessing for the rewrite. Good luck everyone in 2011.

Band 9. This is the first time ever I have actually failed an exam. Not sure how to react. My mum still doesn’t believe me. She thinks I am kidding.

Band 10 My result look better than some of the pass candidates. However the magic word in my mailbox reads FAIL… :frowning: First attempt at Lvl 3 . I cleared I and II in first attempt straight and quite comfortably. Will return next year with more zeal.

guys…please suggest what do i do ??? here’s what happened with me 2007 - didn’t study well - flunked 2008 - went all the way to some other country to write the exam but again flunked 2009 - thought i had nailed it…but still failed with a Band - 9 now, i don’t have the guts to check my results…i have already deleted CFA mail from my gmail account…

mail them to resend your results…for all you know, you have probably cleared it this time ! either ways, its much better knowing the result than sitting around being nervous and edgy.

I failed miserably in band 4. It was a surprise after I thought I had done very well on it. I do not know what else I could do but to quit perusing this. It was my 4th try. I did better before. Feeling like I wasted my time any money for nothing

Nikhil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2007 - didn’t study well - flunked > 2008 - went all the way to some other country to > write the exam but again flunked > 2009 - thought i had nailed it…but still failed > with a Band - 9 > > now, i don’t have the guts to check my results…i > have already deleted CFA mail from my gmail > account… Is this real? If so, you need help…

Nikhil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guys…please suggest what do i do ??? here’s what > happened with me > > 2007 - didn’t study well - flunked > 2008 - went all the way to some other country to > write the exam but again flunked > 2009 - thought i had nailed it…but still failed > with a Band - 9 > > now, i don’t have the guts to check my results…i > have already deleted CFA mail from my gmail > account… Check the website, just log in and you’ll be led to your exam result. By the way, if you pass your status changes to CFA Charter Pending too I think.

The other two people in my office who took level 3 passed. I failed in band 10. I have no excuses. FML.

Band 9 fail, after passing level 1 & 2 in first attempt (Dec’2008, June’2009). As with many others, need to re-think AM strategy. Plan to write more practice exams in timed conditions. Focus on CFAI texts for Portfolio Management Stuff.

band 8 and I DID get a stupid T shirt … the free schweser one hahah I need to study harder this time and not take it for granted. The material does seem deceptively easy … don’t be fooled.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank god for this thread. Band F’n 3. I thought > I failed, but with such flying colors? Maybe the > band isn’t that bad considering some of the > passing scores. One dude was under 50% in all but > 2 sections in the morning (mourning?) and still > passed. > > That much time spent for a band 3? Good God. I > am doing something horribly wrong. How did ever > pass level 2? YA THAT WAS ME : Level III: PASS The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 35 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 25 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Economics 14 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 - - * 6 Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 17 - * - 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 12 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * - But I killed the PM though . When I left the exam i was so proud I killed the AM ( needed full 3 hours) but I thought I bombed the PM ( left 1 hour early). And look at the scores, exact opposite ! Guys, I got band 4 first year and band 7 2nd year which was depressing because 2nd try i put in evertyhting i had and only jumped 3 bands. well this year i finally did it and it was worth the re-take. give it a few weeks, the weather will start getting cooler and you will realzie you can do it once more. Especially in 2011 since the material is pretty much the same as 2011. one tip: kill ethics. the ethics adjustment is alive and it carried me from borderline to a pass this year

I failed. Used Schweser exclusively. I’ll use my old Schweser notes along with EOC questions this go around (with the exception of a few LOS changes), and revert to CFA text if need be. Best of luck to the rest of us who failed. I’ll see you on here I’m sure, and we will tackle this beast and leave no room for ambiguity.

Still doing laps in my pool of pity…failstroke up and down… i think i will order books this weekend- start in the middle of September reading …figure i will focus more on CFAI readings, EOC and last year Schweser only for clarification and review… oh yah FML…

Band 10 two years in a row now. Terrible.

Gang, You cannot despair. Not for a moment. Look at where I landed in 2009 vs. 2010. If I can go from a Band 3 to Pass, everyone here can be more than confident, once the sorrow clears, that another year means another chance (for most probably better odds) if you’re willing to give it another try.

Dont you dare tell me i cant despair!!! Despairing is what i do best

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont you dare tell me i cant despair!!! > > Despairing is what i do best LOL, I did in fact despair the week after I failed and then set out on a mission to completely overhaul my preparation for following year.

SFG …yeah thanks for sticking round and helping out/ will pick myself up this weekend and reregistering …

OK I just registered! NYL 2011 baby!