Official Results Thread

Thank you to everyone for the help! This thing is passable if you failed. Don’t give up hope.

So pumped!!!

Passed Everything above 70 expect two sections. Using a yahoo account.

50-70% in FAR and Quant

On to level 3!

Passed!

>70 Corp Fin, Derivatives, Econ, Equity, Ethics, Fixed Income

50 - 70 FRA, Quant

<50 Alt Inv, Port Mgmt

Kind of surprised in the under 50 topics (thought I did better there), but they were lower weights so whatevs. Also surprised with the Econ score. Didn’t feel good about that walking out at all.

Congrats to those who passed today, and my condolences (and heartfelt understanding) for those who missed it this time.

Still nothing here indecision

as many of you know, I have become known around here as the “high 50s low 60s mock guy”. I took two mocks, 55 and 64 were my scores. I knew I failed all along, and was predicting a Band 9/10.

I failed. Band 9.

Under 50% in Alt, Derivatives and Port Mgmt

50-70% in Econ, Equity, FRA, Ethics, Fixed Income

over 70% in CorpFin and Quant.

My post mortem? I know what I did wrong. I didnt put “pen to paper” nearly enough. Way too much passive studying (reading, highlighting) and not enough active studying (ACTUALLY DOING PROBLEMS). I took only TWO mock exams…TWO! That right there was an epic mistake.

I also didnt memorize enough formulas. As much as people will try to tell you the exam isnt all plug and chug…at least 10-15/120 of the questions WERE plug and chug. those are the lay-up points that I missed because I neglected to memorize all the formulas.

As far as the studying itself, I started in Mid January and used Schweser exclusively. Frankly I think that was fine. I do not think I should have started earlier, nor do I think that Schweser had these infamous “gaps” that people keep on talking about. I think Schweser is more than adequate to know the material well enough to pass. You just need to do all 6 practice mocks thats all.

My plan going forward is to register for the exam today. At the risk of sounding over confident, there is no doubt in my mind that I will pass next year. I know what I have to do. I plan on starting November 1st, so that way I can devote the entire months of april and may to practice, and still have enough time from December through March to read the material twice. I will also memorize formaulas as I go along, there are over 250 of them and its impossible to save them all for May, that was a mistake I made this year.

My advice to fellow retakers and others who just passed level 1 and will be sitting with me in 2017: DO PRACTICE PROBLEMS. its not enough to KNOW the material. you have to know how to APPLY the material. Also, do not save the formulas for the end, memorize them as you go along. Schweser alone is more than fine, but for the tricky sections (aka all of derivs) it could be prudent to supplement with CFAI text.

Just my .02. Congrats to all who have passed, I am very confident I will next year.

Still nothing.

Congrats, JayWill! I know you worked extremely hard.

Did not pass.

<=50%

Alt Inv

Corp Fin

Dervs

Portf Mngmt

Quant

51-70%

Econ

Equity

Ethics

FRA

>70%

Fixed Income

Band 5. I feel like I got slapped on the teeth with a hockey stick in front of my family and friends – while my brother ate popcorn [open mouth chewing].

failed, band 8

Failed Band 6. I still can’t believe I did worse on FRA and Equity as compared to last year - 51-70% last year. I still can’t believe it.

Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70%-Alternative Investments18*—Corporate Finance36–*-Derivatives36–*-Economics36–*-Equity Investments54*—Ethical & Professional Standards36–*-Financial Reporting & Analysis72*—Fixed Income Investments36-*–Portfolio Management18*—Quantitative Methods18*–

Congrats to all who passed

Received email 10 mins ago. - Passed. :slight_smile:

still nothing…

Passed

<50% in Alternative Investments and Portfolio Management

50%-70% in Quantitative Methods and Corporate Finance

>70% in everything else.

I was band 10 last year and this was sufficient to clear the hurdle. I was reasonably confident after the exam that I passed.

Thanks to S2000 for his help on this forum.

CFA Level 3, here I come

Passed!

I was so sure I failed. I estimated I got 62%-64%. Guessed on 18 questions on the exam, like just straight guessed. Got a 59%/59%/63% on mocks, 59% on Wiley and 63% on CFAI mock. My brackets were

AI, QM <50%

Der, Econ, Equity, FRA, PM 50% -70%

CF, Ethics, FI >70%

40/60/80 of 64% with a min of 56.7% and max of 75%.

I’m posting all of this to show some guy rummaging through this site who sees that and give himself some hope. I’m 100% certain I got an ethics bump, and I generally always got close to 50% on ethics in mocks.

same here

PAAASSSSSED. IT’S A LONG WAIT.

Everything above 70 except Ethics and Portfolio Mgt. Let’s rock and roll L3.

Not yet received :frowning:

Passed.

50-70 in ethics and corp finance, 70+ in all else

In india still waiting

Failed. I don’t think I’ll be taking it again but we will see in a few weeks after the pain subsides.