Okay, WTF...book 7 is working me out!

AUUUUUGH…i just spent the day doing the full #3 exam in Book 7 and got a 50%, I am in complete regression. Look at these scores Exam 1 - 77% Exam 2 - 62% Exam 3 - 50% lol…the more i do this sh*t the worse I am getting. And to think i just did the CFAI Free sample test and got an 80%. I dont know what to think anymore…

You guys, do book 7 if you have the time, but don’t read anything into your scores. That stupid book isn’t remotely indicative of the real deal. I did the 1st exam last year about two weeks before the exam and it absolutely floored me. I think I scored 50% or something like that. I was only averaging mid 60’s on Book 1. My confidence took a major hit. So I threw it out and went back at other stuff. Best move I made was getting rid of it. Had I done the other two I might have ruined any confidence I had remaining. This same conversation went on big time last year too. Book 1 is way more like the real deal. Good luck.

Hi guys, I’ve just finished the Book7 (aka Vol.2). It’s really diabolic… Here my final score on the 6 (half) tests: -55% -67% -58% -68% -70% -65% HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! I really do not know what will happen on the real exam…

book 7 1AM ---- 63%. …

zimzim78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey, thanks for all the love, my people. I was > seriously doubting myself in this program about an > hour ago, but just had a good talk and seeing your > posts have calmed me down a bit. Admit it, you and thepinkman cuddled for a bit.

There are some questions in book 7 that made me question whether I’d even studied, then I look at the 2006 exam and there’s a noticeable difference in the difficulty and clarity of the problem. I’m not one to take chances on this exam but I highly doubt we will have to pull off some of the questions in books 7; I have no idea how to calc depreciation/cogs for temporal!!

Book 7 has been killing me - average exam scores of approx 60%. I am not going to take the rest of them. I think i will not take any more practice tests and just review. confidence has been obliterated…

I don’t even have book 7…should I get it this week just for fun?

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t even have book 7…should I get it this > week just for fun? If you’re the kinda guy that likes pain with his pleasure, or maybe it’s pleasure with your pain. I know how the TO chicks roll. :wink:

Finished 1PM @72%…

naivejoe - do the others then come back. I got a 77% on 1Pm then ended up with a 48% on 3PM. It will phuck w/ your mind

that’s my plan, Junkie. you just wait.!!! there will be something like 20% coming up. I am very expecting…

joe and Junkie - those are wicked scores, considering I was reduced to almost throwing in the towel last night. I stopped with the book 7 nonsense (also realized I have no answers, and I’m not about to sit online to get the explanations) and am moving back to book 6. Was planning to do the Boston today, but slept in a little and am sweating like a pimp on Sunday up here in Pink’s Sweatshop. Will work on doing massive review and prob shoot for doing the Boston on Saturday.

Was getting 68-75% on Book 6 tests and then moved to 7 and got: 1am: 52 1pm: 60 these questions are ugly, considering bagging the rest of this book and just focusing on review and CFAI tests.

spilker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was getting 68-75% on Book 6 tests and then moved > to 7 and got: > 1am: 52 > 1pm: 60 > > these questions are ugly, considering bagging the > rest of this book and just focusing on review and > CFAI tests. Thanks bruv, I’ve moved on to book 6. My 1AM score was about in-line with you. I don’t have access to the printable answers…any chance you could hit me up on e-mail?

OK, day 2 on Book 7. I f**ked up on 2AM. basically, I could answer none of these questions. So I worked out it by looking at the answersheet. And you can see labels like “WTF” all over the place for questions that do NOT make any sense.

I took book 1 am and got a 65%. I am not too disappointed with it. I ended up guessing on a lot of questions because I just got tired taking this exam. I think I am starting to burn out and may take the rest of the day off from CFA stuff.

naivejoe I told you!!! I just went through all my wrong answers then threw the book away, i’m trying not to think about the scores and take it as a learning excersize but my mind isnt listening to my instructions…you could say my brain has gone AWOL

Ok, just finished 2PM @ 83%… without reference to answer while doing it.

naivejoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, just finished 2PM @ 83%… without reference > to answer while doing it. Dude, you’ve got this locked up. Nice score!