Olympics = great distraction!!

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed, hooray for the international distraction! > > > I enjoy much of the Olympics, but loathe any event > where the primary way to win is by judges scores. You must really hate the NBA

what is with you people, how can you NOT be interested!! These many young athletes who worked so hard past 4 years to represent their countries. I think we all have to watch them and cheer. These athletes are well deserved to be noticed IMO.

SkyinBrian521 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Agreed, hooray for the international > distraction! > > > > > > I enjoy much of the Olympics, but loathe any > event > > where the primary way to win is by judges > scores. > > > You must really hate the NBA lol

sure did! But only DIII… small school.

womens beach volleyball

sct123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > womens beach volleyball It’s actually called international jiggy-jiggy.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sct123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > womens beach volleyball > > > It’s actually called international jiggy-jiggy. check out Talita Antunes- Brazil

cfano1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is with you people, how can you NOT be > interested!! > These many young athletes who worked so hard past > 4 years to represent their countries. > I think we all have to watch them and cheer. These > athletes are well deserved to be noticed IMO. On a more exciting subject college football and the NFL season are coming up. Who are your teams?

ny giants!!!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > z3159712 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I like boxing… > > > > I challenge those heavyweights to pass all 3 > > levels of the CFA examinations after they > retire > > from professional boxing. Wondier if all those > > hits to the head damnaged their memory. > > > > I’d bet big on the Klitschko’s to get their CFA > charters… I heard Lennox Lewis passed all three CFA exams in 18 months…

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > z3159712 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I like boxing… > > > > > > I challenge those heavyweights to pass all 3 > > > levels of the CFA examinations after they > > retire > > > from professional boxing. Wondier if all > those > > > hits to the head damnaged their memory. > > > > > > > I’d bet big on the Klitschko’s to get their CFA > > charters… > > > I heard Lennox Lewis passed all three CFA exams in > 18 months… No that was Chuck Norris.

SkyinBrian521 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Agreed, hooray for the international > distraction! > > > > > > I enjoy much of the Olympics, but loathe any > event > > where the primary way to win is by judges > scores. > > > You must really hate the NBA Touché

z3159712 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like boxing… > > I challenge those heavyweights to pass all 3 > levels of the CFA examinations after they retire > from professional boxing. Wondier if all those > hits to the head damnaged their memory. > Alcohol damages your memory, lack of sleep damages your memory… If Evander Holyfield’s speech is an indication of brain function then I’m going to say that repeated power punches to the face make you borderline braindead. That guy would kill for a damaged memory. Also MMA > Boxing

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also MMA > Boxing Bankin’, Why would you slander MMA by comparing it with a ridiculous pillow-fisted flailing match known as boxing? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, for all you MMA fans out there…interesting fact… Putin is a HUGE fan of MMA, even invited Fedor back to the presidential mansion for dinner after a match. Opinion: Fedor would totally maul Couture. Couture is lucky he has so many legal/contractual problems with the UFC preventing the match, or else his legacy would get tarnished a lot quicker.

Fedor would maul many… and Couture vs. Fedor is a match I hope Randy would never take.

This thread took an interesting turn. Fedor would Maul anyone, but I didn’t think Randy would beat Belfort in the 90s or Tim Sylvia. Most people also thought that Maurice Smith, Kevin Randleman, Pedro Rizzo, Chuck Liddell (the first time), Tito, and Gonzaga would beat him, so you can never count Randy out. With that said, that fight will never materialize. So Fedor will maul whoever wins the Arlovsky (sp.) v. Barnett matchup.

Fedor is the best MMA fighter. Couture is not even close. Fedor ground work is outstanding, he wont like 7 (8?) Sambo chapionships in Russia, this guy is insane. As far as Olympic sports 1) Tennis 2) Basketball

I am sure that Fedor is unbelievable but has anybody here seen him fight and, if so, where? He was on PPV for like 32 seconds a few weeks back… “Putin is a HUGE fan of MMA, even invited Fedor back to the presidential mansion for dinner after a match.” Yeah right. And he invited some political rival to dinner also and had Fedor eat him.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am sure that Fedor is unbelievable but has > anybody here seen him fight and, if so, where? He > was on PPV for like 32 seconds a few weeks > back… > > “Putin is a HUGE fan of MMA, even invited Fedor > back to the presidential mansion for dinner after > a match.” > > Yeah right. And he invited some political rival > to dinner also and had Fedor eat him. Fedor is unbelievable. I saw him fight live in Vegas in October 2006 and I’ve also seen most of his fights on DVD. On a side note my seats at the Thomas and Mack Center during Pride’s “Real Deal” show just happened to be next to Mike Pyle, Jake O’Brian, and Martin Kampman, all current fighters. Actually the guy that mentioned Vladimir Putin inviting Fedor back to the palace for a ‘dinner’ is correct. After Fedor beat Lindland in BoDog Putin invited all of the fighters on the show back for a feast and was quite cordial to all of them. They repeatedly flashed the camera to Putin during the BoDog PPV and at times he was speaking with Jean Claude Van Damme of all people! I kept thinking, “What in the world could they be talking about?” Here’s a link to his record: http://sherdog.com/fighter/Fedor-Emelianenko-1500 Notice that he’s 2 - 0 - 0 - 1 against the current UFC HW champion.