Olympics = great distraction!!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Putin is a HUGE fan of MMA, even invited Fedor > back to the presidential mansion for dinner after > a match.” > > Yeah right. And he invited some political rival > to dinner also and had Fedor eat him. http://www.gambling911.com/MMA-Vladimir-Putin-041907.html

joey you can watch some of his fights from Pride on DVD. His fight against Rodrigo Nogeria was a classic.

z3159712 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like boxing… > > I challenge those heavyweights to pass all 3 > levels of the CFA examinations after they retire > from professional boxing. Wondier if all those > hits to the head damnaged their memory. Maybe something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing One round, then 10 CFA questions. Then repeat.

That would highly bias the boxer to be the winner, unless the highly skilled CFA answerer could somehow not get annihilated during the physical part and try to go to decision. Trained boxer/athlete could get 0/10 on questions part…and totally annihilate the 10/10-er in the boxing portion. I don’t think it would get out of the first round to reach the questions if boxing starts the sequence. :slight_smile:

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This thread took an interesting turn. > > Fedor would Maul anyone, but I didn’t think Randy > would beat Belfort in the 90s or Tim Sylvia. Most > people also thought that Maurice Smith, Kevin > Randleman, Pedro Rizzo, Chuck Liddell (the first > time), Tito, and Gonzaga would beat him, so you > can never count Randy out. With that said, that > fight will never materialize. So Fedor will maul > whoever wins the Arlovsky (sp.) v. Barnett > matchup. True - on paper, Fedor looks like a sure winner. But Couture has fantastic cardio, more experience than just about anyone around, and seems to see holes in opponents’ games that others just miss. But unfortunately, it looks like a fight we’ll never get to see. It’s a shame he and the UFC are on each others’ fecal indices.

I think that cardio will play a big factor only in a Tim Sylvia-type fight (a typical heavyweight fight where if you get past the first 3 minutes of the first round, there’ll be just plenty of clinching and pushing back/forth since both parties are so exhausted). Against Fedor, I doubt anyone will last past the first few minutes to have cardio be a big factor. It’s like, how good are war-of-attrition skillz when you are getting blitzkrieg attacked/invaded in a highly coordinated way from all sides at once? I love MMA talk!