Ouch

Took my free sample today and I got a 66%. I got screwed by the FSA section (pensions and translation). 100% on quant. I am not too disappointed since I haven’t looked at pensions, but the translation questions seemed weird to me. I was hoping to break 70% on my first real exam with vignettes, but this is not too disappointing. Overall, I didn’t think a test with just vignettes is that bad. Edit: I made one foolish mistake by going to quickly. It was an easy question that I should have gotten right which would have pushed my final score to 70%.

Hi, have you tried online mock. I got more screwed… B/S, I did 73% right on the free sample exam…

I haven’t tried it yet. I am going to save those exams for later as we get closer to June 7th. I’ll be working on book6/7 for the time being.

This is a bit disheartening Nib. You have been an allstar here answering questions. This makes me think my chance are much worse that I originally thought. I hope you get those job issues worked out too. Keep studying. You will kill it on June 7.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is a bit disheartening Nib. You have been an > allstar here answering questions. > > This makes me think my chance are much worse that > I originally thought. > > I hope you get those job issues worked out too. > > Keep studying. You will kill it on June 7. Will I? *puppy eyes* I’m planning to write the mock exam next week. After I go through book 6.

Ask JDV.

The other thing to note is I finished with 60+ minutes left, so I had all the time in the world. If I knew pensions, I would have almost earned an 80%. There was no PM, FI, or Derivatives which I normally do better on. mwvt9: You’ll do fine and so will I. The test is only 30 questions and its missing half the topics. With 90 more questions our average will go up.

Okay. Good to know. Everybody seems to be saying that time isn’t a problem. Was that 60 mins left reading all the explanations too?

Where is CPK123? isn’t he supposed to be on board?

I hear he isn’t taking level II this year.

Yea, half the explanation is just saying which LOS the question came from.

are you talking about the cfai online sample exam you get for free? if so, i also thought the fsa questions were worded in a way that i wasn’t familiar with. did well in the other parts which were very straightforward to compensate. i sucked on ethics too, actually. anyway, that is your first vignette practice exam… it will get better. and i agree with you. for me, going too fast and making stupid mistakes is a MAJOR problem for me thus far. i’ve got to convince myself time won’t be a problem on the real test and go at a pace where i don’t make dumb mistakes. but i’m in agreement with mwvt about your chances in june.

It was the free one. Ethics was surprisingly less convoluted than I was expecting. The question about compensation got me. FSA was worded oddly and thats where I got beat up bad.

i got 50% on the ethics. (that sucks, ethics is usually a strong section for me) and 2/6 on the FSA, mostly because of the wording, but was able to still pull out a 70%. man, i thought the ethics questions were NOT straightforward… i guess i have to get on top of it before june. i have this feeling ethics will be more brutal at level 2.

I am not expecting to do well on the online exams. I hate reading from a screen. So as to practice I am taking the questions from the question bank online.

My opinion is the difficulty of questions in question bank is not comparable with online ones, which test “basics” in a lot trickier way. what do you say? I am still working on book6. I have book7 but have no interest in working on it.

but they are quite good for revision purposes.

Last year I took a CFAI sample exam 2 days before the test and scored a 56 and still passed. I had taken another practice exam three days before that and had scored in the 40’s. If you’re scoring in the 60’s now I wouldn’t worry too much.

Hope!

i would think your result is the exception, not the norm, minnesota. but congrats.