Phone call To CFA Institute

I called CFA institute this morning about the huge technical Glitch that occuured this weekend and how wreckless it was on their part.I grilled her to no end and her response was we are looking into the problem and she could niether confirm nor deny that it was an indication of pass or fail.I hope for everybodys sake that pass’s turn out to be that way and that fails turn out to be pass’s.We all know its no babys game out there but still very poor form for cfai.Good luck to all.B.T.W. would not be shocked if now they release earlier.

I don’t get the logic behind this uproar. They told us when to check the website. We checked it earlier and saw stuff and interpreted. Then we called up CFAI and complained about our behavior? To be honest the last 2/3 days after reading L2 and L3 forums, I have lost respect for a lot of people here. I don’t think I will be hiring from AF if I were in such a position.

they should freaking release it now… most unprofessional institute i have seen. has lost all its respect sad

huh? logic?

dude, in most examinations the sites are not closed down for registeration… neither do reputed institutes leave glitches like this open for interpretation… iam a member of 2 more institutes and when i used to appear for the exams there i never ever saw things like this happening(and mind u the number of candidates in one of the institute iam a member of is almost as much if not higher to CFAI(all levels) so the rage is justified

saavy132 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I called CFA institute this morning about the huge > technical Glitch that occuured this weekend and > how wreckless it was on their part.I grilled her > to no end and her response was we are looking into > the problem and she could niether confirm nor deny > that it was an indication of pass or fail.I hope > for everybodys sake that pass’s turn out to be > that way and that fails turn out to be pass’s.We > all know its no babys game out there but still > very poor form for cfai.Good luck to all.B.T.W. > would not be shocked if now they release earlier. What glitch. They didn’t expect people trying to get a hint of their results early then complain when they do!!

you guys are kidding, right? “simmer down now!”

and if possible can u name me another instance of an institute doing this to their candidates? i have cited two institutes which do things differently.cite me one which does exactly as the CFAI has done this time

Lets see the facts: CFAI says results are on the 19th. My smartypants goes to CFAI website on the 17th and tries to log in. Mr smartypants sees some links missing or some new links appearing Mr smartypants throws a tantrums blaming CFAI for unprofessionalism. Yeah makes sense

Sure it’s a glitch. Sure it’s annoying. But we aren’t ENTITLED to know before the date that we were given, and if we try to use the mosaic theory to figure out our scores as opposed to insider information, our stress is the price of doing so. I don’t see how this makes CFAI, as you said “most unprofessional institute i have seen,” unless you haven’t seen very many.

cannot argue with u. u win.

still love you jarjar.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t get the logic behind this uproar. They > told us when to check the website. We checked it > earlier and saw stuff and interpreted. Then we > called up CFAI and complained about our behavior? > > To be honest the last 2/3 days after reading L2 > and L3 forums, I have lost respect for a lot of > people here. I don’t think I will be hiring from > AF if I were in such a position. Before dismissing it, maybe you should think that there is some logic here. First, checking the CFA website is a normal thing to do - a psychologist might call it displacement behavior for someone waiting for results. CFAI should expect that lots of nervous people will check the website in the days prior to releasing results if for no reason than people feel the need to do something even if it doesn’t really do anything. The CFA dangles tantalizing clues with no clarity at all about whether or not said nervous person passed or failed. Imagine a professor who posted coded final exam results on his door but didn’t tell anyone the code. That would be childish and unprofessional and likely meet with dismay from students and a berating from the dept head. Testing changes in the website live is unnecessary, unprofessional, and (in this case) rude. In the meantime, CFAI has some very nit-picky rules about the exam and everything else. But then in their sole responsibility of grading the exam, they provide this muddy unprofessional mess.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sure it’s a glitch. Sure it’s annoying. But we > aren’t ENTITLED to know before the date that we > were given, and if we try to use the mosaic theory > to figure out our scores as opposed to insider > information, our stress is the price of doing so. > I don’t see how this makes CFAI, as you said “most > unprofessional institute i have seen,” unless you > haven’t seen very many. It doesn’t make CFAI the most unprofessional organization (etc.) which would certainly be something like QWAFAFEW or any chapter of Hash House Harriers or numerous other groups I have enjoyed. I think they behaved in a way that I find very disappointing.

Joey, when you put it that way it makes sense.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sure it’s a glitch. Sure it’s annoying. But > we > > aren’t ENTITLED to know before the date that we > > were given, and if we try to use the mosaic > theory > > to figure out our scores as opposed to insider > > information, our stress is the price of doing > so. > > I don’t see how this makes CFAI, as you said > “most > > unprofessional institute i have seen,” unless > you > > haven’t seen very many. > > > It doesn’t make CFAI the most unprofessional > organization (etc.) which would certainly be > something like QWAFAFEW or any chapter of Hash > House Harriers or numerous other groups I have > enjoyed. I think they behaved in a way that I > find very disappointing. Joey as usual the sole voice of reason that prevents most of us from going CaRAZZZZZY!!! Thanks Joey!!!1

i see ur point needhelp and hopefully u see why ppl are pissed off as well… as i have said in one of the posts passing CFA or not wouldnt make a lot of difference to me(and i mean it)… its just the urge to finish what i started which wanted me to pursue and finish L3. anyways doesnt seem to be happening this time. i want to wish everyone who pass(with or without a link) best success in future. and will see next time if i can pass this exam

O Joey…come on… Seriously…unless CFAI activates the results link they are no culprits…if they were doing the testing on production website…that’s fine…nothing unprofessional (untill it brings their website down) if you guys are intelligent enough to figure out what each link means then go ahead and do that…and be happy… If you cannot…then wait till 19th…which is what CFAI has asked everyone to do anyway… Where the hell do you guys see unprofessional-ism…is beyond me… Its all in the air…that you guys are talking about…stop pestering CFAI and let them put the results up there the right way…

Jeez…I can’t fathom how serious people are taking this. It’s like 22 hrs, why would you waste time writing silly emails or ragging someone who probably makes $10 an hr and doesn’t care over this…

Lets say i invite all my firends for a Barbecue on the 19th. on the 17th i start putting stuff together in my backyard. my friends start complaining that they cant wait for their burger and beer anymore because i started preparations and they saw me. they call me unprofessional. granted i could have done things differently but i was making preparation in my OWN backyard.