Phone call To CFA Institute

Its like your girl promises you sex on the 19th. on the 17th she puts sun screen on her naked back in font of you and you call her unprofessional. its her back. you have to wiat till the 19th.

> > Before dismissing it, maybe you should think that > there is some logic here. First, checking the CFA > website is a normal thing to do - a psychologist > might call it displacement behavior for someone > waiting for results. CFAI should expect that lots > of nervous people will check the website in the > days prior to releasing results if for no reason > than people feel the need to do something even if > it doesn’t really do anything. > > The CFA dangles tantalizing clues with no clarity > at all about whether or not said nervous person > passed or failed. Imagine a professor who posted > coded final exam results on his door but didn’t > tell anyone the code. That would be childish and > unprofessional and likely meet with dismay from > students and a berating from the dept head. > Testing changes in the website live is > unnecessary, unprofessional, and (in this case) > rude. > > In the meantime, CFAI has some very nit-picky > rules about the exam and everything else. But > then in their sole responsibility of grading the > exam, they provide this muddy unprofessional mess. This is my point exactly. I wish I could have made my point as clear as this so everyone would have understood where I was coming from when I complained.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lets say i invite all my firends for a Barbecue on > the 19th. on the 17th i start putting stuff > together in my backyard. my friends start > complaining that they cant wait for their burger > and beer anymore because i started preparations > and they saw me. they call me unprofessional. > > granted i could have done things differently but i > was making preparation in my OWN backyard. Except at a barbecue you have no professional responsibilities.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its like your girl promises you sex on the 19th. > on the 17th she puts sun screen on her naked back > in font of you and you call her unprofessional. > its her back. you have to wiat till the 19th. NICE!!

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its like your girl promises you sex on the 19th. > on the 17th she puts sun screen on her naked back > in font of you and you call her unprofessional. > its her back. you have to wiat till the 19th. And if your girl has professional responsibilities regarding sex on the 19th, well, you shouldn’t be disclosing these kinds of arrangements on a public forum. I have always preferred women who were unpaid amateurs.

LOL. nice!

I’m so glad I never succumbed to the temptation of checking. Just give it to me plain and clear- pass or fail. I really feel bad for those people who “saw” something and put in their head that they passed and maybe turns out to be a fail. That is worse then a straight fail for sure. im not logging back into this site until 9:05 am tomorrow. Good luck everyone

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m so glad I never succumbed to the temptation of > checking. > > Just give it to me plain and clear- pass or fail. > > > I really feel bad for those people who “saw” > something and put in their head that they passed > and maybe turns out to be a fail. That is worse > then a straight fail for sure. > > > im not logging back into this site until 9:05 am > tomorrow. Good luck everyone I am more averse to uncertainty then to bad news

But CSK…are you upset about Nadal taking over the #1 ranking in the world

For what it is worth I talked to someone who is in the know and not as evasive as the person earlier the links were random this weekend and they did not even have results to post to the data base. they are not sure what happened but to read into pass or fail could be a mistake until official results are released tomorrow.Soooooo everyone chill.I might have to eat crow but this guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

saavy132 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For what it is worth I talked to someone who is in > the know and not as evasive as the person earlier > the links were random this weekend and they did > not even have results to post to the data base. > they are not sure what happened but to read into > pass or fail could be a mistake until official > results are released tomorrow.Soooooo everyone > chill.I might have to eat crow but this guy > sounded like he knew what he was talking about. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight… I call bull on that whole story he gave you.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But CSK…are you upset about Nadal taking over > the #1 ranking in the world yeah dude, my heart sank when he lost to Blake, he almost cried. I dont like Nadal, i dont like his style of game.

in the know with CFAI I assume you mean? “So you’re saying there’s a chance?..WOOOOOOO!” - Lloyd (J. Cary) in Dumb and Dumber

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its like your girl promises you sex on the 19th. > on the 17th she puts sun screen on her naked back > in font of you and you call her unprofessional. > its her back. you have to wiat till the 19th. Finally, some logic sense in all these…thanks…needed the laugh.

I spoke to someone who used to do the grading and is still close to the institute…the comment was this and this only after explaining the whole thing and the subject was changed immediately afterwards: “I wouldn’t read too much into that” cryptic, yes. could mean anything. all will be known soon. I did so poorly on the test I practically vomited afterwards my only hope is a computer glitch changing my fail to a pass.

I am going to make a J. Diermeier voodoo doll

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Babbu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > But CSK…are you upset about Nadal taking > over > > the #1 ranking in the world > > > yeah dude, my heart sank when he lost to Blake, he > almost cried. I dont like Nadal, i dont like his > style of game. what is the problem with nadal??? :slight_smile: anyway, regarding this whole 1-4-3 mess, i will only add one thing: we did have a reason for logging in these days, which is exactly what CFA told us to do: update all our details in advance, specially in case we finally pass. I think we all received an e-mail about this some weeks ago. That is the reason why I consider fair to complain about how cfa worked the website. good luck tomorrow salu2

hala_madrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Big Babbu Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > But CSK…are you upset about Nadal taking > > over > > > the #1 ranking in the world > > > > > > yeah dude, my heart sank when he lost to Blake, > he > > almost cried. I dont like Nadal, i dont like > his > > style of game. > > > what is the problem with nadal??? :slight_smile: > > anyway, regarding this whole 1-4-3 mess, i will > only add one thing: we did have a reason for > logging in these days, which is exactly what CFA > told us to do: update all our details in advance, > specially in case we finally pass. I think we all > received an e-mail about this some weeks ago. That > is the reason why I consider fair to complain > about how cfa worked the website. > > good luck tomorrow > salu2

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in the know with CFAI I assume you mean? > > “So you’re saying there’s a > chance?..WOOOOOOO!” > > - Lloyd (J. Cary) in Dumb and Dumber Yes that is EXACTLY what I am saying. The more i have looked into this and more interogating I have done it APPEARS that it was so screwed up this weekend when tech tried to load test scores from database onto the web and then match links and then started cross referencing the links and pass fails many many did not match and it was all fckued up.ie.) some who had links indeed did not fail and those that did have links did fail and they then freaked out because it was all jumbled and they shut down the site because it was not accurate.He went on to say not everyone was innaccurate but ALOT were ie.) more than enough to shut down the site. He felt bad and apologized for the glitch but it is a very very different problem from last year when the link or no link did portend ones outcome.Bottom line is this year those who now think they passed and very likely could have failed and vice-versa. I am just the messenger and i do stand by my story

My first post but wanted to add my 2 cents worth…I agree that this glitch has caused some uneeded stress…I only logged in early to make sure that my access/password worked, etc…I see no reason why that wouldn’t be expected prior to the results coming out…the last thing you would want is to be unable to log in on Tuesday morning because you couldn’t remember your password… I wish I’d never seen that link to Level III cause it’s caused me nothing but grief since, after I saw it I was immediately confused, so what did I do…go to the AF website! But all I can do now is hope that it does mean a pass…otherwise we regroup and start over again next year… Thanks for all the posts…it’s kept me occupied while we wait…