Phone call To CFA Institute

JDV: In one of your posts you mention that “The CFA dangles tantalizing clues with no clarity at all about whether or not said nervous person passed or failed.” I don’t see how any of this involves “tantalizing clues”. I mean if I were them, the last thing I would have time to be working on right now is sending out cryptic messages and encourage people to log on to my website as I am busy uploading thousands of scores. And by the way, last year as I was a waiting to receive my level II scores I logged in and the first thing I saw was a link to register for the level II exam in june 2008 . This would have been the perfect time for me to get all superstitious, read all sorts of hidden messages, have a heart attack etc. But instead I waited until the results were posted where I discovered that I passed level II. At this point I simply called them up, they recognized the mistake and fixed their website which allowed me to register for the level III exam in 2008 rather than the level II exam. No sweat, the links were simply a glitch, a far cry from deliberate tantalizing clues. This will hopefully be my last post on AF as tomorrow at about 9:30-9:40 EST I will log on to CFAI and check my score.

saavy132 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pingdanny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > in the know with CFAI I assume you mean? > > > > “So you’re saying there’s a > > chance?..WOOOOOOO!” > > > > - Lloyd (J. Cary) in Dumb and Dumber > > > Yes that is EXACTLY what I am saying. The more i > have looked into this and more interogating I have > done it APPEARS that it was so screwed up this > weekend when tech tried to load test scores from > database onto the web and then match links and > then started cross referencing the links and pass > fails many many did not match and it was all > fckued up.ie.) some who had links indeed did not > fail and those that did have links did fail and > they then freaked out because it was all jumbled > and they shut down the site because it was not > accurate.He went on to say not everyone was > innaccurate but ALOT were ie.) more than enough to > shut down the site. He felt bad and apologized for > the glitch but it is a very very different problem > from last year when the link or no link did > portend ones outcome.Bottom line is this year > those who now think they passed and very likely > could have failed and vice-versa. I am just the > messenger and i do stand by my story You wouldn’t have insider information would you? :-). Cuz that would be wrong. I wish I didn’t check this weekend totally uncharacteristic of me. I didn’t want to find out what our second child was. My wife kept it for me for her entire pregnancy but I couldn’t wait 2 more fing days here???. I also like to scratch the instant ticket sections with the prize amounts first. And only THEN scratch my numbers to see if they match the winning numbers. Drives my wife nuts. Talk about delayed gratification. I’m disappointed in myself. Tomorrow isn’t going to be as exciting now.

saavy132 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pingdanny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > in the know with CFAI I assume you mean? > > > > “So you’re saying there’s a > > chance?..WOOOOOOO!” > > > > - Lloyd (J. Cary) in Dumb and Dumber > > > Yes that is EXACTLY what I am saying. The more i > have looked into this and more interogating I have > done it APPEARS that it was so screwed up this > weekend when tech tried to load test scores from > database onto the web and then match links and > then started cross referencing the links and pass > fails many many did not match and it was all > fckued up.ie.) some who had links indeed did not > fail and those that did have links did fail and > they then freaked out because it was all jumbled > and they shut down the site because it was not > accurate.He went on to say not everyone was > innaccurate but ALOT were ie.) more than enough to > shut down the site. He felt bad and apologized for > the glitch but it is a very very different problem > from last year when the link or no link did > portend ones outcome.Bottom line is this year > those who now think they passed and very likely > could have failed and vice-versa. I am just the > messenger and i do stand by my story How would the tech people know who failed or did not fail - they are just uploading from the database of tens of thousands of candidates? And how about LIIers seeing LIII links? I think most likely what happened was that they meant to disable the CFA Program (middle section with the links for registration and results) completely as they uploaded. However due to a programming glitch this never happened. They realized their mistake at around 5PM and then went and corrected the problem. Do you expect tech guys to admit to their eff-up? I think your “buddy” just made up the story. In any case truth will be revealed tomorrow.

Atlanta, we can only hope. BTW Are you using Firefox browser?

Yeah CSK, firefox. I had 1 all the time - never saw 4. But based on today’s postings on AF, I have created enough doubt in my mind to be not terribly disappointed if I don’t make it. That is, I have reset my expectations to the original pre-Sunday ones. Well, almost. Good luck.

what made you change your mind?

Nothing in particular, but I guess the pessimists on this board got to me. Lets say I am hoping they are very very wrong but am preparing for the worst. You know how convinced I was that I had flunked right after the exam - so if pessimists are right, let’s say that would be disappointing. However, I don’t buy these “CFAI told me this” stories - they seem idiotic.

I used Explorer and never saw 4. I wish i could reset my expectations that easily. It will be a double devastation

but you probably have latest IE version, right?

CSK, why this IE vs. FF fascination? You see something there?

don’t know. does it matter?

CFAAtlanta Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK, why this IE vs. FF fascination? You see > something there? well javascript is completely different for IE and FF, so you can see one thing in FF and completely different in IE, also behavior can be completely different. Anyhow, maybe they just haven’t updated our profiles, but i havent heard anyone switching from 1 to 3

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAAtlanta Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CSK, why this IE vs. FF fascination? You see > > something there? > > > well javascript is completely different for IE and > FF, so you can see one thing in FF and completely > different in IE, also behavior can be completely > different. Anyhow, maybe they just haven’t updated > our profiles, but i havent heard anyone switching > from 1 to 3 I think there was one guy who went 4-3-4-1 (sid something).

but not 1->3

Yeah, and your point?

My point is that we either both passed or both failed. Either way is ok, as i will tear this one apart next year.

no that sid guy is hallucinating. NOBODY switched between 1 and 3. people are being desperate.

needhelp what about not seeing 4, how would you explain that?

Well, let me correct myself - I had 4 on Saturday midnight when L2 guys were reporting their l3 links. When I woke up the next day I had 1 (at around 8:00 AM) like several others. Then it stayed 1 until 5:30 or so.

Nice Atlanta, so you are good to go. Maybe same thing happened to me - when i was checking i had L3 link with all checkmarks (it was like 8pm ETS)