Picking up women . . . 2

Congratulations to you, GTE!

It takes a lot of work, eh?

My wife is 3 years, 1 month (to the day) _ older _ than I.

It isn’t a universal truth.

And my wife is two years, two weeks, and one day older than me (to the day).

I think the older krnyc gets, the more she will rethink her philosophy.

grammar error. Get him, sweep.

There is no error in grammar there.

What did you smoke for breakfast?

Fixed that for you.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/better-than-I-or-better-than-me

I never knew that a conversation about teacher sex drama could get boring. Thanks, guys.

Nothing is a universal truth. But my first gut reaction would still be a no, no matter how many happy stories I hear about…

It’s been the opposite for me

My comment was only a joke but I think BS is still mad about that other post where they talked about marriage and kids.

Must be an American thing. I trust Bill and John as authoritative more than I would you (no offense.)

A man no mightier than thyself or me / In personal action, yet prodigious grown / And fearful, as these strange eruptions are (William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, 1700); And, though by Heaven’s severe Decree / She suffers hourly more than me. (Jonathan Swift, “To Stella, Visiting Me in Sickness,” 1720). - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/than-i-versus-than-me?page=1#sthash.tMxbLRsD.dpuf

“Older than I am” or “older than me” sound right, “older than I” only if the dropped “am” or “was” is understood.

I’m certainly glad that the thought of me boinking my wife gets you hot and bothered.

^^ +1

S2000 - Good on ya. You’re probably one of a handful on this board that has more years in than me.

My wife and I met at Christmas party for my church singles group. I was dating someone else at the time, but once that one went up in flames, my best friend’s girlfriend told me that she (my wife, not the girlfriend) had her eye on me. So, I asked her out and on the second date she told me she was dating some guy she’d dated a year previously who’d dumped her. A year later, he somehow convinced her to go out with him again. So, I get dumped in favor of this guy.

I bide my time, and 6 months later, he dumps her again. We start dating, get married 6 months later (but we knew within a month that we’d end up together), and in approximately 4 weeks, we celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Marriage is not for the faint of heart, and it isn’t always easy. But worth it, for sure.

^great story yes

krnyc seems bitter.

Is it ok to make out with servers? This main pub I go to hired this super hot chick. She is really hot. The other day she told me it was her birthday tomorrow - I was like so how old will you be … she said 19. Now I know she’s legal and that makes it even hotter. Problem is - this is the main pub I go to and if things go bad I won’t want to go there anymore. I know hooking up with chicks from your own company is bad, but this … Just seems so right …

A few years ago I was hired to entertain the patrons at a Ferrari show. (It was billed as a “Ferrari” show, but they had a few other exotics there: Maseratis, Lamborghinis, even a Fort GT.)

It was interesting to note that, of all of the cars in that show, there were, perhaps, two that produced more horsepower per cubic inch than my (stock) Honda S2000: at 2 liters and 240 BHP, that’s almost 2 horsepower per cubic inch. The Japanese version (without all of the US emissions controls) produced 250 BHP: more than 2 HP per cubic inch.

(For comparison, a '67 427 CSX Cobra – a monster – produced about 1.05 HP per cubic inch.)

Sam hunt described the best way in “take your time”