Pledge to ignore purealpha

Equity markets are NOT zero sum. Derivatives and alpha generation are, by definition.

Right, holding equites long-term does not meet the definition of a zero sum game, everyone wins. I think people are talking about S/T speculative investments, which are about outsmarting the other participants. Those might be zero sum for the market as a whole, but that doesn’t matter to the person who is smarter and taking everyone’s money.

I understand what you are saying. Occasionally , I see something thoughtful in his posts. Lately, it’s been bad. He’s the closest thing we’ve seen to Blake McCallister. There is a saying: “Don’t wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it.” PA is clearly enjoying it. I choose to not engage.

That’s probably best! There is a trap you guys are being lured into, the “dirt” in the trap is a free-thinking unbiased logical thought. Dirty stuff indeed. :wink:

All 120# weaklings that believe they are 200# muscle men need to be ignored in order to have a constructive dialogue. Just don’t think much good can come from any other route. The urge to correct the record is strong, but the onus has to be on the reader to consider the source. Maybe a gong should sound when someone breaks down and engages. I think I’ll start burning hundred dollar bills anytime I enter the gutter.

It’s understandable, poor diets combined with the sedentary lifestyle of most posters leads to terrible cognitive dissonance.

By “constructive dialogue” you mean meaningless pat-yourself-on-the-back industry jack-off-fests free from any objective scrutiny or out-of-the-box thinking. wink

I see the wisdom in the OP’s statement.

You just admitted to lacking wisdom. cheeky