Plzzzz sum1 answer me nowww!

I am really sorry because I don’t know whether I should really comment on the CFA level 2 exam, but really I can’t keep it inside anymore. The exam was way too easy and it won’t be able to differentiate between a person who studied or who mastered the entire curriculum and a person who studied for just 2 months. Sorry for my critical comments because right know I only know just one thing and that is that one of my friend studied for 1 and a half months from 3rd party notes, but after the exam he was more happier than me. Infact he was laughing at me saying why did you put in so much effort reading the entire CFA Curriculum. Actually the same thing happened with all of my friends who really put in a lot. Sorry if these comments hurts anyone.

It is the general consensus from the main thread. Again there were 10-15 questions that were so simple, unless there was some trick I missed, that no one should have missed. The pass rate is going to be low this year and the MPS high count on it. Closer to 69% MPS, and 31% passing rate. I’m calling it now, lowest passing rate in the history of L 2.

lol these threads crack me up as do people saying how easy it is after the exam too. dont really know what other people know, what false confidence they have, etc. plus it’s impossible to know what some people can retain in 2 months. sometimes in life people are better than you at stuff and dont have to work as hard to achieve the same results. my advice: just deal with it

salman4116 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am really sorry because I don’t know whether I > should really comment on the CFA level 2 exam, but > really I can’t keep it inside anymore. The exam > was way too easy and it won’t be able to > differentiate between a person who studied or who > mastered the entire curriculum and a person who > studied for just 2 months. Sorry for my critical > comments because right know I only know just one > thing and that is that one of my friend studied > for 1 and a half months from 3rd party notes, but > after the exam he was more happier than me. Infact > he was laughing at me saying why did you put in so > much effort reading the entire CFA Curriculum. > Actually the same thing happened with all of my > friends who really put in a lot. Sorry if these > comments hurts anyone. You are being way too critical bro. And yes your comments did hurt me, please apologize one more time.

salman4116 you need some confidence bro. Almost seems like doing well on the exam suprised you. In any case you and your friend are both moving on the level 3 and should be happy about that.

Anybody who thinks the exam was too “easy” doesn’t know the material well enough. What they are experiencing is the Dunning–Kruger cognitive bias - they don’t know what they don’t know… and will unpleasantly surprised by the results. Keep in mind that pass rate among the L2 first-time takers is low (probably in the 15-17% range). Majority of the those getting a passing score have been through it at least once.

bid_offer_shark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody who thinks the exam was too “easy” doesn’t > know the material well enough. What they are > experiencing is the Dunning–Kruger cognitive bias > - they don’t know what they don’t know… and will > unpleasantly surprised by the results. > > Keep in mind that pass rate among the L2 > first-time takers is low (probably in the 15-17% > range). Majority of the those getting a passing > score have been through it at least once. ------------------------------------------------------- what’s the source of this 15-17% stat?

Wikileaks, lol.

It’s my first and I’m sure im failing although I’ve put 6 months of studying … hard studying and i feel i know the material right but i got caught up in many sections mainly derivatives/corporate.

> what’s the source of this 15-17% stat? My estimate based on a model which is very sensitive to inputs that are mostly arbitrary assumptions.

After failing band 9 last year, I really made the effort this time and have never worked so hard for anything in my life! I have no need for false arrogance, I was genuinely surprised at how thin the exam was on content, I was prepared and ready for something much more difficult. The problem I now face is if I fail this time on the luck of the draw of the subjects which came up on the day, none of which caught me out. I am not particularly confident as I have no idea if I found the tricks in the questions or fell for them. I can’t say I particularly enjoyed the experience, to have put so much effort into something, to go though the exam process and not have much idea as to how you might fair, just doesn’t seem right somehow?

Salman, i disagree. I put in 480 hours and knew all the stuff. This exam was not easy. A lot of small little curve balls and tricky things in there. A few easy questions, yes. But overall not an easy exam.

Definitely had more than a few “WTF” moments during the test and plenty of, “dang that was way too easy” moments. First time taker and studied a ton…probably 400+ hrs too. I’m mad that I came away feeling unsure and really mad about the last couple vins of each session. Definitely had to guess on a few. Really hoping for a pass, but would not be surprised either way. Finished with the first 8 vins on the AM section in under 2 hrs, then spent the last whole hour on the last two vins, because I couldn’t seem to get those nailed down. PM was more of the same…felt pretty good on a lot of it (some of it crazy easy/basic). A few questions I had literally no idea and had never seen anything like it. Those curve balls really threw me. Again finished the first 8 vins really quickly and was thrown by the last two. 5151 test, whatever that means…

I agree with the majority. This is my second time taking L2 and last year I walked out with confidence thinking I had done well and bombed it. Also had a buddy who took L2 with me last year and walked out thinking it was hard as hell and not sure if he had passed and he did. This year put A LOT of time in studying and felt like most, that I got crushed in the AM but did very well on PM. 99% of the people who think they crushed it, didn’t and obviously did not know the material deep enough and fell for all the CFAI traps, so feel better about yourself.

Yes, do not equate how you feel when the test is over to how you did on the exam. I walked out of L2 last year dazed and unable to even recall specific question. It was as if I had been in a trance for six hours. But I passed anyway. My buddy, who was all slaps and giggles afterward, did not pass. He had the “L1 in December” excuse in his back pocket but is was still surprising based on our post-exam moods.

if you thought it was easy and you put in <200 hours studying, you most likely failed. You were getting fed Halladay sinkers and sliders, not beach balls, on this test.

bid_offer_shark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > what’s the source of this 15-17% stat? > > My estimate based on a model which is very > sensitive to inputs that are mostly arbitrary > assumptions. oh you mean 99% of the CFA curriculum. GREAT!

tricks?? really?? 1/3rd of the questions?? looks like i am gonna be staying in this forum for another year… :-/

Yea, I’d said surely 1/6 questions, or maybe 2/6 had something “different” you would need to pay attention to or could get the wrong answer. I don’t think I got 85%+ like Chuckie did, but I think recognizing many of these trip-ups will help push me to the near 70 range. *prays*

SeesFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yea, I’d said surely 1/6 questions, or maybe 2/6 > had something “different” you would need to pay > attention to or could get the wrong answer. > > I don’t think I got 85%+ like Chuckie did, but I > think recognizing many of these trip-ups will help > push me to the near 70 range. *prays* Haha I’’ take whatever the MPS is +1%. I just want to pass. SeesFA, you seemed to know your stuff pretty well in the week before the exam. I’m sure you did fine.