Post-Exam Thoughts?

lol how did you find it brutal if you finished that early in both sessions! It is especially impressive in the AM session to be able to finish 15 mins early with all the writing you have to do, Idk how you did it!

1 Like

What’s the standard/rumored MPS for level 3?

Do you guys think the MPS this year might be a little lower given the candidate pool might be a little different this year, with cities like NY and LA out of the equation?

I live in NY but took the test in CT. There were 2-3 more candidates who travelled out of state to take the test. I’m surprised there weren’t more.

2 Likes

Same as majority. Tough AM and relatively better PM. Few areas where guesswork was necessary

1 Like

AM was pretty long…left atleast 3 sets blank…with the rest too i was not sure what i wrote…PM too no straight forward questions…honestly no mock/practice questions prepared you for what was on the exam :frowning:

5 Likes

Unexpected tbh…
Let’s hope for a 2006 passing rate to get it over with

@Alhameliam What happened in 2006?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it: the 2006 anomaly - pass rate was 76%

@Maikhan I saw that the MPS hovers around 60% for level 3.

@TurtleTomlin This tracks pretty closely with my experience. I think they grade the am session on a curve (they’ve got to, right?). Trying to remain cautiously optimistic since I thought I’d failed levels 1 and 2 but wound up doing ok.

@ricardoka when I say the PM session wasn’t too bad, I feel like I can say with a degree of confidence that I scored somewhere between 75%-90% depending on how things landed with the 5-6 questions that felt like they could go either way between 2 answers.

2 Likes

I ask again… anyone know the rumored MPS for L3?

Like everyone else, I thought that the AM was tough and didn’t have enough time. For the PM, I thought it was relatively easy compared to the practice problems and mock exams. I have the opinion that the multiple choice when I took L2 was much more difficult than L3 PM.

1 Like

It is usually around 60. Might be slightly lower this time.

3 Likes

I really hope so! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hehe trust me, as more hours go by, I feel less and less confident about my answers :pensive:

2 Likes

Sorry but don’t worry I guess that’s completely normal! I bet your first feeling right after the exam is what matters… whatever you feel later isn’t true, it is just the exaggeration of your subconscious

2 Likes

Seriously?? That low!! I really don’t believe it, but I would like to believe it lol

Not to rain on your parade but “expect to be in top 10%” is a little presumptuous don’t you think? Especially bc L3 is quite different from 1&2 and the candidate pool is of much higher quality.

Secondly, also a bit presumptuous/politically wrong to say that “Asia and Africa” will weigh down the MPS. You really think people in China will weigh down the MPS?

As much as I would like to see the MPS coming down, these are simply not words you say out loud, especially in a public forum.

Best of luck with your top 10% scores.

1 Like

i also think people from non-english speaking countries will put down the MPS, level 3 exam is more about how fast you can read and write in english.

1 Like

First time out of all levels that I truly thought the actual exam was by far harder than any mock that I took.

The MPS should def be lower given the difficulty and lack of all the heavy hitting finance centers not being able to hold the exams due to COVID.

If the percentage of ppl that passed is the same or higher than last year, i’ll only have myself to blame if I fail. But if it’s something like 50%, you’ve got to wonder if CFAI made the exam especially difficult on purpose. Not gonna go into detail on why they’d wanna do that :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone have any clue about the result release date?

Agree 100%. I consider my preparation above average: more than 10 mocks done scoring 5.3+ in AM and 7-5+ in PM.
Yesterday I was shocked and disappointed with the level of difficulty. There was a vignette in the afternoon that the Kaplan videos said literally “this is not relevant, highly unlikely to be tested”, and…

I am glad that overall everyone has the same feeling.

I read that the results will be released on Feb 8th (Tuesday, as usual). I doubt for those that did not make it this time, can seat again in May; they will have to wait until November.

1 Like

I thought we could still take May exam. Isn’t it?

Yeah the CFA website says results will be released in time for May registration