Post if you've received the "welcome" E-mail!!

Me too brah. This is a dangerous obsession, considering we will forget about it in a week or so…

9:25AM EST. Nothing yet!

Sad how obsessive we can get over something like this… I guess with all the effort put in we have to see it through!!

you guys should check the website. it’s faster then the email.

Just got an email from CFAI! Subject line: "Reminder to tell us how can we improve your experience"

Are you kidding me? Step one: don’t send out emails like that on days when people are expecting more important information from you!

But yeah, I’m actually doing the website, I’m not expecting the actual email today, based on previous years.

We are doing both :slight_smile:

LOL

I dont think today is the day. CFA is usually punctual: 9 A.M.

Does anybody know what happened on prior years?

Oh ye of little faith!

I spoke to a rep yesterday at their customer support and he confirmed it is on 4th. Last year it was around this time people posted that they got that email. Should be here in an hour or so I would expect.

i think i got 20 AF bucks coming my way b*tches cool

Zilch

Why can’t such a huge organization, that prides itself on process and professionalism, get something like this right? I don’t know of any other credential that the award date is some top secret thing, causing suffering as you wonder when it will finally be awarded. It’s stupid. There should be a firm date, known in advance.

What’s with the secrecy?

Same reason when my girlfriend asks what time I’ll be home I say “I don’t know.” Accountability.

So once we get this email we will be able to use the letters next to our name correct?

I’d just go ahead and start using them. From everything I’ve read here CFAI is very lenient on minor infractions like misuse of the CFA Designation. Just kidding :).

Hey guys,

I just took a quick look at some past threads that discussed receiving the email welcoming them. The times people said they got the email vary from like 8:30am all the way up until about. 2pm EST. So, even if today is the day, emails might not be going out until early afternoon.

Nothing on the website is updated yet either, not just waiting on e-mails. Maybe the guy in charge of pushing the button slept in.

This is really annoying. On what basis do they prevent people from using the CFA designation? Once you fulfilled all their conditions, it should be ok to use it, I don’t recall any condition saying “if you see the CFA designation next to your name in your CFA profile” or “as soon as you receive a confirmation email”.

Second, if they still stick to a certain date, why isn’t it public info, like sending an email to all level 3 passers or putting a line on their homepage? Why do people need to write them individual emails to get that info?

Just can’t get the logic behind their reasoning and it annoys me…

Anyone still want to take that $20 AF bet? c’mon. give ya 2-1 odds :slight_smile:

Janto2013 will already be in my pocket for $20 AF.