Post if you've received the "welcome" E-mail!!

The Board of Governors has to get together and sign off on the approval of awarding the charter to all that met the requirements. The Board most likely convenes beginning of September and only after that are the rights to sue the charter conferred.

Luckily, this email is going to be in one direction…a pass! I’ll officially be counted amongst the “elite” today and I dont mind waiting for another 10 hours.

Most qualifiications have a waiting period after you’re done the work before graduation. Like at undergrad… finish your exams but you don’t have the qualification until it’s awarded at graduation.

That said I 100% agree with you about not setting a date and sticking to it. It should be public info. You’ll be awarded it on “X” date. I honestly feel at times that they like playing with us and making this as painful as possible. I understand being ambiguous about results as it could take more or less time to mark everything. But this is just pushing a button. Unbelievable.

sue or use? I see someone is nervous…*smiles*

Keep checking on website. Not sure if we will get email though.

So right now I need to send my CV to a very big boss in my company. As I can’t put the CFA designation next to my name, what the heck should I write? Completed the CFA program and will be eligible to the CFA charter upon… upon what? upon receiving a confirmation email???

Yep, pretty much. What a bunch of ish, huh?

I mean I got the bottle of champagne on ice ready to pop. What gives? How rude!

Nothing yet…

you people have waited 3 years, and are getting upset and bothered about another few hours? lol

Yes because we spent 3 years just to get this 3 letters after our name.

5 years for me, and yes

My god this is like August 6th all over again.

Except better because we know we all passed.

Except worse because we have no idea when the email will come.

I don’t know what the big deal is… We should techincally be able to use it once we get our work history accepted and we paid our dues. What’s the point of making everybody wait till one day to do this?

Ha ha - so true

It’s similar to having passed all your finals in college, having your thesis accepted, and being cleared for graduation. You aren’t a graduate of the college, though, until they formally confer upon you your degree.

At my college, graduation was technically a session of the board of trustees. They had a trustee meeting, adjourn it temporarily, and then in the middle of graduation reopen the meeting and formally vote to confer the degrees (doing the entire board meeting in Latin, god help them).

Right, but I doubt that your college would have threatened to sue you or yank your diploma if you listed your degree and date obtained prior to the formal graduation ceremony.

Good luck trying to get an answer to that question from CFAI. I tried, but failed. All they told me was that I couldn’t use the CFA designation until they told me that i could, or it showed up on the website, or something (I already knew that, of course). No guidance at all as to how I’m supposed to reference the program in the interim (i.e. after passing level 3 and already being a CFA Institute Member, dues current, etc.).

I have an important application pending, and being able to reference the designation could be a “difference maker.”

Curious, if both my applications for the CFAI membership and CFA Society Ottawa were approved about a week ago, and CFAI approved 77 months of work experience, does it mean the charter is awarded automatically or not?