Post your FRM Results here for comparison

The official pass rate for the 2007 is 44.38%. This pass rate is showed only on the letter sent to who failed. It’s the lowest pass rate in last 10yrs. uomonero

And by the way, a second examination of that results page suggests that they must have selected a normal (instead of actual) distribution curve and highlighted one of the four quartiles that you are in. Notice how even that distribution is!

pass percentage out of the who registered or who actually sit for the exam? 44.38% is not a high percentage for sure.

I think that 44.38% comes from people actually sit for the exam like in CFA exam. uomonero

I’m adding my result under additional notes: • Financial Risk Manager (FRM) -administered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)-certificate pending on work experience is this the proper way of putting it?

lxwqh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started late and spent approximately 150 hours. > But my job is in risk area. It sort of helps. I > second Frank’s opinion about people failed tend > not to post … Thanks a lot. That’s the lowest amount I’ve ever heard though…Good job. Congrats to all

stern, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the material was already covered in CFA L2. fixed income, swaps, options etc. so 150 is certainly doable if you have already done your L2.

uomonero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The official pass rate for the 2007 is 44.38%. > > This pass rate is showed only on the letter sent > to who failed. > It’s the lowest pass rate in last 10yrs. > > uomonero Actually, this is the normal pass rate since 2005.

nitya36 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Failed > shd i write again? > no finance background > engineer with excellent maths/partial diff > equation/set theory/complex algebra base > passed CFA Level I > studied v hard for FRM(maxm subject material) > got 2 subjects in quartile 2nd(Market and quants) > and three subjects in 3rd Qr > any suggestions? > shd i write again? Hi Nitya, I strongly suggest u take d xam again. Since you have an engineering background you can easily negotiate and understand the quant stuff. Although It does help to have some finance background, but it’s not that people with non-finance background v not cleared d xam. Given ur non-finance background, would suggest u start early wid core readings, move on to Options and Futures by Hull, then finally rad thouroughly the schweser notes… That should see u through hopefully… All the best…

nitya, why do you want the FRM anyways? if its to get into risk management, i would recommend getting a graduate degree in a quant discipline. FRM is good for those that have to deal with risk but not experts in the field. I doubt FRM will get you a job or raise your attractiveness in the risk area. I have seen a few risk jobs, and NONE have mentioned the FRM. I took it for the sake of the challenge and to familiarize myself with the subject.

Anyone read the readings from GARP?? I read Schweser and passed but personally I felt I didnt get much from Schweser. I would like to hear from those passing with the readings from GARP. How good is it? I might read it in the future.

I used GARP 3rd edition and passed. The key is to understand the concept and the answers to the questions. Read it over and over, and make sure you understand what you are reading. No need for Schweser or whatsoever. ukw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone read the readings from GARP?? I read > Schweser and passed but personally I felt I didnt > get much from Schweser. I would like to hear from > those passing with the readings from GARP. How > good is it? I might read it in the future.

sternwolf, don’t misunderstand me. i barely passed the exam. i think one should definitely put in more hours to have a guaranteed pass. i would say an equivalent amount of hours need to be put in like CFA. if i have time, i would like to put in at least 250 hours. i am rereading some portion of the risk manager’s handbook. it’s a good / deep book. it’s a hard exam for sure; but grading is lenient and i am lucky; that’s all i can say. sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxwqh Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I started late and spent approximately 150 > hours. > > But my job is in risk area. It sort of helps. I > > second Frank’s opinion about people failed tend > > not to post … > > Thanks a lot. That’s the lowest amount I’ve ever > heard though…Good job. > > Congrats to all

stern, a lot of us thought we had failed. But “good thing” is that your results are relative, so if everybody thought they did poorly, then you’re ok. i think they make the exam really hard so they have more room to evaluate and distinguish. the exam in and of itself is harder then the CFA. if they were passing people based on 70%, i bet 20% pass at most. I would’ve failed for sure. my suggestion would be to do L2 first then FRM.

Passed FRM exam but I do not have 2 years of experience as required. Do I need to pay the membership fee $100 every year from now onwards? Can I just start paying when I have enuf experience ( 2 years from now)?

I think you only have to pay if you want to put FRM on your business card. i don’t know though. I"ll have to look into that. I don’t think its worth it for me to pay right now.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you only have to pay if you want to put > FRM on your business card. i don’t know though. > I"ll have to look into that. I don’t think its > worth it for me to pay right now. That’s why you should have taken the PRM.

The PRM has like 4 exams. I rather do 1 and get it out of the way. Thank God I have some luck and got this done with. i don’t intend to put it on my business card even if i had one.

i will take PRM; but that will after i got my CFA. then i have only to take 2 modules instead of 4.

why would you take the PRM for? its not like PRM is a more advanced version of FRM is it?