Practice exams score tracker

done with all exams on v1, left v2 exam 3 am for tomorrow. vol1 am, in the mid 60s, pm, 70s sometimes 80s vol2, both am and pm consistently in 70s my biggest problem with schwesser v.1 exam is: i have no idea what exactly are they asking, which concept are they testing, and which way they want the answer to go. another problem is with determine ability to take risk, I suck at it. v.2 is a lot more straight forward, and i highly recommend v.2 exam, it cleared some confusion for me at least.

You guys are killing these exams. I can’t seem to get my Schweser AM score above 50%. I never seem the answer the question in the right way.

Took these two exams in four consecutive days about a week ago. One AM or PM per day. Schweser 2010 Vol 1: Exam 1 AM: ~65ish Exam 1 PM: 66 Exam 2 AM: ~50-60, got brutalized here. Exam 2 PM: 68 The only one that bothered me was Exam 2 AM, obviously. Got my butt kicked by silly things, but I’ve studied up on everything that got me on each exam. Once I refresh a few more gaps in my knowledge I’ll go for exam 3. I see others scoring higher, but with so much time left, I feel fine in terms of my preparedness. This is about where I was for L2 and I only got 3 sections below 70%.

1AM - 60% ( Didn’t know the formulas for couple of problems) 1PM - 73% 2AM - 67% (Apfil 17th) 2PM - 75% (april 17th 3AM - 60% (May1st) 3PM - 72% (May 1st) Volume 2 1AM - 72% (March 30th) 1PM - 70% (March 30th) 2AM - 58% (March31st) 2PM - 63% (April1st) 3AM - 63% (April 8th) 3PM - 72% (April 8th) I have also done 3-4 past CFAI exams and scores are between 55-65%. Finding it hard to improve score in AM section. GIPS and formulas are in still to do list so scores will be higher by 4-5% in each exam. Also taking very conservative approach in assigning markes in AM exams. 2009 CFAI + Mock - Last week of May Sample tests - Mid May

I feel silly asking - did 2 books of practice exams come with Schweser, or was it just one and you have to buy the 2nd? I only have Volume 1 of exams… on another note, looks like everyone’s doing well on practice exams. Keep up the great work.

^ It came with essential package. If you have the basic one, you might have to order it for additional fee. I would say concentrate on CFAI exams and don’t bother to buy it as most of the problems in volume 2 are kinda similar to volume 1.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For any retakers, how do the Schweser practice > exams compare to the real deal? Hopefully they’re > more comparable than the CFAI EOC questions, which > I’m finding to be ambiguous as hell and more of a > time drain than anything. > > Midway through my second go-round of Schweser and > midway through my first go-round of CFAI (have > done all the questions I’ve come across so far), > and I’m thinking my time might be better spent > ditching the CFAI books and starting on practice > exams. > > Would love feedback from any retakers. From what I have read here on this forum, questions are closer to the CFAI EOC questions and sample/mock exams from CFAI rather than Schweser practice exams. I am not going to bother with the Sch exams and focus on EOC and sample/mock exam from CFAI. If I have any time left at the end I may try 1-2 Sch exams.

Can anyone help me out? Volume 1 Exam 2 AM Session - Question #1 The Smythes state that they would like to have emergency cash on hand. So I incorporated this into my answer. For my total asset base, I added the inheritance of 2.5 and savings of 1.25M. Then I subtrated 900K (~6 months of living expenses). I calculated my return requirement based off this. Would I have been marked wrong? For the risk portion, why does the answer not consider expenses in regards to the total assets? 116,438 is only 3.1% of assets (not excluding the 900,000 for emergency)- I considered this to show above average ability. I did not think we could tell their ability to take risk without looking at expenses relative to assets. Am I complicating this or am I right? Was anyone else’s thought process similar to mine when answering this question?

1AM - 66% 1PM - 67% 2AM - 69% 2PM - 67% brought my average up by 1.5 pts…not really encouraging. I am hoping this stuff starts sinking in by the end of this month. Best, TheChad

wow you guys are crazy. I didn’t even touch a sample until 2 weeks out for level 2 last year.

Vol 1 Exam 1 AM: 57% (yikes!) PM: 73% lot of work to do…the AM was not necessarily as bad as I expected it to be but at the same time i found it hard to get the points because i’d put down a justification/explanation but miss a point and only get half the marks for it. Doing Exam 2 this weekend and hopefully that will be better!

Vol 1 Exam 1 AM: 57% (yikes!) PM: 73% lot of work to do…the AM was not necessarily as bad as I expected it to be but at the same time i found it hard to get the points because i’d put down a justification/explanation but miss a point and only get half the marks for it. Also made a couple of silly mistakes… Doing Exam 2 this weekend and hopefully that will be better!

Just finished my first…I really expected my PM to be better, but made lots of stupid mistakes. Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me this weekend. Vol1 Exam 1 AM: 65-70% PM: 67%

not bad steph. More you take, better you get

Steph, you sound just like me! Wow, did I make some dumb mistakes… hopefully I can get those out of my system quickly. Also the Vol 2 exam was 25% alt inv, which I’ve barely studied. I definitely have a lot of work ahead of me in memorizing all of those FI and derivative formulas… taking another AM sometime tomorrow hopefully that goes better :slight_smile: Vol 1: 3 PM : 68% Vol 2: 1 AM: 62% (Minus Alt Inv, 69%)

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1AM - 60% ( Didn’t know the formulas for couple of > problems) > 1PM - 73% > 2AM - 67% (Apfil 17th) > 2PM - 75% (april 17th > 3AM - 60% (May1st) > 3PM - 72% (May 1st) > > Volume 2 > > 1AM - 72% (March 30th) > 1PM - 70% (March 30th) > 2AM - 58% (March31st) > 2PM - 63% (April1st) > 3AM - 63% (April 8th) > 3PM - 72% (April 8th) > > I have also done 3-4 past CFAI exams and scores > are between 55-65%. Finding it hard to improve > score in AM section. GIPS and formulas are in > still to do list so scores will be higher by 4-5% > in each exam. Also taking very conservative > approach in assigning markes in AM exams. > > 2009 CFAI + Mock - Last week of May > Sample tests - Mid May Hi there, Those who have done Schweser sample exam (book1 and 2) and old CFAI exams, how close are the schweser exams with respect to calculations. I believe they were far more calculation intense in L1 and L2 but would be keen to know about L3. Thanks

was a good practice. If you have time do it else concentrate on CFAI

Last weekend: Schweser Volume 1, Exam 1 AM 59% PM 63% This weekend: CFAI 2008 exam 61% Stalla Exam 1 AM 47% PM 77% Schweser Volume 2, Exam 1 AM - 65% PM - 73% Somewhat improving…I’ve never used Stalla before for anything, and really didn’t understand what they were looking for in the AM paper…hopefully will improve for before I take any more sample tests next weekend.

Took 3 AM today, I totally nailed a few of the topics but also completely whiffed a few too. So frustrating!! Would really like to see a score starting with a 7 next time… Vol 1: 3 AM : 65% 3 PM : 68% Vol 2: 1 AM: 62% (Minus Alt Inv, 69%)

you’ll get it honey