Predictions for August

Post your best guess now, to compare to the actual in 2.5 months;) Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

Level 2: Pass :slight_smile: The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 *- - - Economics 18 *- - - Equity Analysis 90 *- - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 *- - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 *- - - Fixed Income Analysis 36 *- - - General Portfolio Management 18 *- - - Quantitative Analysis 18 *- -

Clever clever… :smiley:

Level 2: ??? The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - * - - General Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - * - Wow, now that I put it down in writing I’m thinking that looks like a fail… it looks right, though.

How the f*** did you manage >70% on ethics, guys?

non_kool Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How the f*** did you manage >70% on ethics, guys? I’ve only seen 1 ethics q that I think I may have gotten wrong so far (combining CFA COE with firm’s *document*). I have details on 8 of the 12 so I will have to have gotten wrong 3 of the 4 question I am missing to be <70%. Who knows? We may eat our words in a couple of months. I plan on digging this thread back out though and seeing how many people correctly identified their weak areas.

I averaged 75-100 on ethics on all of the practice tests, and I think I did well outside of the COE question also. For some reason I do really well with ethics. That’s ok though, because that and FSA are probably the only areas I actually passed.

Level 2: ??? (don’t want to jinx it) The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - -* - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - -* - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - *- - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - * - - General Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - * -

Level 2: ??? (don’t want to jinx it) The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - -* - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

Level 2: ??? (don’t want to jinx it) The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - -* - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - *- - General Portfolio Management 18 *- - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

Dwight Wrote: > > I’ve only seen 1 ethics q that I think I may have > gotten wrong so far (combining CFA COE with firm’s > *document*). I have details on 8 of the 12 so I > will have to have gotten wrong 3 of the 4 question > I am missing to be <70%. > > Who knows? We may eat our words in a couple of > months. I plan on digging this thread back out > though and seeing how many people correctly > identified their weak areas. Power to you, bro. What caught my attention was the number of people hitting that score, considering I’m shaky about a few answers. Oh well, I’ll go back to clutching straws.

Optimistic: - Derivatives 36 - -* - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 108 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - -* - General Portfolio Management 18 -*- - Quantitative Analysis 18 - *- Pessimistic: - Derivatives 36 - *- - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 108 - *- - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - *- - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - -* - General Portfolio Management 18 *-- - Quantitative Analysis 18 -*- Best Guess: - Derivatives 36 - -* - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 108 - -* - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - *- - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - -* - General Portfolio Management 18 -*- - Quantitative Analysis 18 -*- the funny thing, though, is that the difference in these drastically different looking scores in my head is maybe 4-6 questions that i’m just not sure on. reality- I think I probably scored about a 67-70ish. is that enough? we’ll see. my fsa/equity scores should be very close to the 70% marker one way or the other and that was the bulk of the test this year.

bannis, so you’re feeling pretty good about fixed income… i haven’t checked all of my answers but i’m not optimistic about fixed income at all. but i’m more optimistic on my chances in quant. otherwise, i’m with you on the breakdowns.

Level 2: ??? The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Analysis 90 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - *- - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - *- - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 *- - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the funny thing, though, is that the difference in > these drastically different looking scores in my > head is maybe 4-6 questions that i’m just not sure > on. reality- I think I probably scored about a > 67-70ish. is that enough? we’ll see. my > fsa/equity scores should be very close to the 70% > marker one way or the other and that was the bulk > of the test this year. I completely understand what you’re saying. It’s strange how important every single question seems because there seems to be so little margin for error. I, for one have faith that you passed bannisja. For one thing, your thread on real estate valuation inspired me to study it prior to the test! You said something like “I have a feeling we will have a real estate vignette” and had a calculate CFAT problem :slight_smile:

Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Analysis 90 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - *- - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

Level 2: Not sure The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Analysis 90 -*- - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - *- - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - *- - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 - -* - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - *

so, isnt Alternative Investment a separate section this year?. how come nobody included that in the pseudo results?.

Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - *- - Equity Analysis 90 --* - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - -* - Financial Statement Analysis 108 - -* - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * - General Portfolio Management 18 - -* - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - * Could be 50-70 on ethics and PM… Definitely f_'d up the 2 BOP problems.

Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 36-* - - Economics 18 - -* - Equity Analysis 90 - -* - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - -* - Financial Statement Analysis 108 *- - - Fixed Income Analysis 36 -* - - General Portfolio Management 18 - -* - Quantitative Analysis 18 - -* It’ll be interesting to see how far off I am. Ah well - only 6 more weeks of nail biting.