Pretty sure the 2 boxes vs. 1 box was a tell

Appreciate it. Honestly…I didn’t study that much (way less than 300) but felt very positive about it on exam day. Got killed on AM with several <50s. Pretty good on PM but didn’t kill it.

My official excuse is that I’m blaming it on having a kid last October which really did keep me from putting in hours! True story…but I still should’ve passed.

Sorry to hear you didn’t pass. It’s a real challenge studying for the CFA with kids. It took me three attempts to clear Level 2 with two young children. Hard to put in good quality study hours when they are so young.

Sorry it was in your case TH, you’re one of my favorite AFers. Kill it next year!

Passed with 2 boxes. It was definitely a tell. There is significant evidence of it being so. I bet there will be trolls saying they passed with 1 box but I won’t believe it after seeing all the proof. Well done CFAbeatmeup. They doubted you but you had em all along.

Really hoping they don’t fix this so next year I can find out early.

Passed with 2 boxes. The two box theory was indeed a sure tell. No one with 2 boxes has reported fail

To be fair, I wasn’t the one who initially noticed this. I was just the one who followed the scientific process of collecting data and attempting to form a hypothesis. Ironically, it was the CFA L2 that helped here. Additionally, I know it’s hard to do a bunch of stuff behind the scenes of a website, treating two groups of people differently, and not have the client-facing portion not reflect anything.

I bet deep down the CFAI was like “well played AFers and the CFA class of 2016, well played.” Shoot, if we can Mosiac theory this we should form a hedge fund! : )

I can’t believe that you failed…but its Ok…rise and fight again…you will definitely win next time…

Whether it was or not, I thought the behavior of those with 2 boxes harassing 1 boxers to ask them how they felt they did or their mock scores was pretty beat. Like, you’re on the “good” side already… leave the poor people alone.

Messed up, but whatever.

Ohh man TopperH, I like you man, we were together last year… I cry for you… Gather yourself and kill it next year… I passed this year… Did pretty well in both sessions…

So many that were sure of a pass failed, while so many others who were leaning toward a fail (myself included), passed.

Hey ltj,

Sorry you felt this way bro and I’m sorry if you feel I contributed to it. My enthusiasm was equal parts “Sherlock Holmes/Mosaic theory” and I’m on the right side of the error. I never meant to come across as “spiking the ball”; sorry you felt that way. I’ve been on the other side of the decision twice, the second one (an L2 fail) sucked. I think I was just trying to collect data and many people share their mocks willingly going into the test. I don’t think it was anybody’s intent to make anybody feel bad. Sorry you did bro!

Yeah, no I get it. But we were like 12 hours away from the official results at that point. I suppose if they were willing to contribute their answers then no harm done. Maybe I was just being sensitive because I feel for those who didn’t make it though.

Get it next year, folks!!

i got the 1 box and failed…

considering it was obscure and found the night before … it doesn’t bother me at all…

Passed, was a two boxer

For the record though, I was extremely unsure coming out of the exam. My PM saved my ass (all >70%, one middle)

I had two boxes and PASSED.

As I mentioned to many of those who claimed to be sure of passing the exam, the outcome is highly unpredictable and many candidates who claim being confident of doing well on the L3 exam, do actually fail miserably.

Topper Harley: My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she’s a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but… it’s just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo… eat apple sauce through a straw… pork farm animals.

#HotShots

2 boxes and passed. I also believe that it was indeed a tell. Have not seen a single contradiction till now!!!

Oh wow topperharley, that’s a big shock! I failed level 2 first time I sat as my son was born during that year, moved jobs, moved house. But it was easier the next year. We are all sure you will pass next year topp all the best to you. Guess that’s the one box vs two box theory confirmed.

Oh wow topperharley, that’s a big shock! I failed level 2 first time I sat as my son was born during that year, moved jobs, moved house. But it was easier the next year. We are all sure you will pass next year topp all the best to you. Guess that’s the one box vs two box theory confirmed.