Pretty sure the 2 boxes vs. 1 box was a tell

I had 1 box and failed.

I was actually very sure (80%+) that I passed and I did so. The real reason is I thought I got 90% on the PM. In actuality, I got every part in the PM above 70% besides the last part, so possibly but probably closer to 80%.

AM I did worse than I thought, I got 4 Qs under 50%; 3 from 51%-70%; and 3 above 70%. Tl;dr, I really overestimated my AM performance. I thought I would have 1-2 <50% and I was (mostly) accurate on my bullish estimate in the PM.

And now future generations will test the one boxer / two boxer theorem until the end of time

-Cellydan, House of Two Boxer, First of my name.

If nothing else, this proved that 10 weeks is long enough to put your mind in a pretzel and completely distort your expectations. No one gets through this program without having some doubt and anxiety.

as much as it may have been a delusion, i needed that tell and am grateful to the crazy mofo who came up with it…that said i also didnt think it was in good taste seeing ppl asking “one boxers” for proof etc but hey everyone is free to respond or not

Two boxes and passed! Finally! Thank God!

my score…i am happy with this, i dont believe i did that well in AM

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Institutional 20 * - - 2 Fixed Income Investments 22 - * - 3 Equity Investments 19 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 13 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 13 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - - * 7 Portfolio Management - Individual 17 - * - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 - - * 9 Economics 18 - * - 10 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 16 - - * Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Institutional 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

@ TH: I passed this time and I know what it means to study with kids… congrats to all who passed and KILL it next time to all retakers - esp. to TH. BTW, we had a chat with Ghana last year if you recall.

2 boxes and passed…barely got past it.

Passed with 2 boxes…i checked almost every week for the scholarship thing with no tell signs but woke up this morning to see this theory on AF,little did i know that when i was logging in to check it i was actually seeing my result…

2013 i was band 2

2014 i couldn’t sit for the exam since it was postponed 3 hours before in Pakistan and i couldn’t appear on the rescheduled date

2015 Band 9

2016 Pass

My sympathies with those who didn’t make it…it’s a lonely feeling when everyone else is celebrating and you’re posting on threads which no one reads… But don’t give up the knowledge stays with you and will pay off

1 box, can buy L1 material, band 5 FAILURE.

I was/am a lowly 1 boxer and I didn’t take any offense at all. I think it’s interesting that, for the first time from my experience, there was a true actual tell before exam results.

Busch league stuff on the part of the CFAI to put such a completely obvious tell out there. But they’re to blame, not the clever AFers that found it.

Good ole Ghana! Congrats on passing! I’m getting my ticket to Ghana stat so I can take it next year, maybe that’ll be the key for me. In all seriousness though, I will definitely give it my best next year. Honestly, the humiliation of failing has been easier by clowning on AF with all of you so thanks for that.

The result mail was there in my mailbox…I came here to see whether there was any truth in box theory…post that, opened my results…

Wish all the best to those who could not make it this time…go for the kill next year…

Two boxes and passed!

Who cares now? Jesus guys!

We care cos it was a definite tell!!

Agreed. There might have been other requirements for the scholarship. Maybe they had let the CFAI know that they earned a high enough income to not meet the level required for financial assistance.

So 2 box theory worked …i passed with 2 boxes…I’ve seen people with 1 box fail

Passed, two boxes … never give up