PRM Advice

Hi, I just got my designation (more or less), will activate next month. Regardless, the designation will exempt me from the PRM #1 and #2 exam. I will only have to take #3 and #4. They seem straight forward. However, I want some advice from someone who has taken them and the CFA overlap, difficulty of the exam, etc, anything you go. I do not have the FRM.

you only had to pass all the exams to receive the exemptions (not wait for the charter etc). I’m in the same boat and will receive my charter within a few months but I’m going to take the exams shortly. i think i will do IV first and then III. I just plan on using the case studies for IV and then I will buy the $99 book for III. I will also do the exam question bank tests for $50 each for both. Are you planning on doing anything differently?

I haven’t did extensiev research on the best path, but this helps a bit if you feel IV is better first than III, but I will have do some ground work.

ok - let me know how it goes - there doesn’t seem to be too many people going it at the moment (well from this forum) so would be good to know your progress etc

Hi Does anyone know the credentials of Associate PRM exam , I am taking FRM full exam this and would plan to take up Associate PRM after that , Is it a right thing to do , that is taking APRM while having attempted FRM will it add an extra credentials on my CV ?

no. you do one or the other, both doesn’t really make sense.

thanks for your input mcpass I felt that after FRM I am relatively free till like june before I take up CFA exams , so I thought I could squeeze in APRM , but I would agree to your logic , rather I would take GMAT during those 3-4 months

look at PRM - they have 4 exams that is more than CFA exam !! obviously, the cost (time and emotional investment) is much bigger. on the other hand, it is not quite well recognized yet, so the benefit is quite minimal… given this… i doubt many ppl will be taking this exam.

is it more than CFA ? I dont feel that way …besides each paper can be taken separately. CFA is no lesser a beast

i mean PRM is much bigger than FRM CFA is probably more difficult than both PRM and FRM, and the benefit is higher as well but when compare PRM to FRM, PRM have a higher cost and lower benefits

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i mean PRM is much bigger than FRM > CFA is probably more difficult than both PRM and > FRM, and the benefit is higher as well > but when compare PRM to FRM, PRM have a higher > cost and lowe there may be more exams but they don’t require too much work. I have completed the CFA so only need to do Exam 3/4. I sat 4 last week and it was easy so just need to do 3 which, after looking through the material, will require one to two months max i imagine

I am a PRM Holder and am sitting for FRM level 1. The FRM proves if you can memorize as much material as you can then you will be fine. The PRM is a good test of your understanding of the concepts that will be applied in a real live setting. The FRM curriculum of old was way behind as far as I am concerned. GARP received a lot of pressure from this whole market and crisis debacle to wise up and put forth something considered of quality vs less quality. PRMGCM

Seb25, Which exam bank are you using for Exam 3?

going to use the $50 one on the PRM website, however, for exam 4 the question bank probably only had 200 questions! work is paying for it but i think exam 3 is going to be fairly tough. Which other question bank is there?

hi, Is PRM and FRM of equal value in our CV. which one is considered more valuable at present. Also, when you compare both , which is more difficult and time consuming.

anyone signed up for PRM (any exams) I am planning to schedule exam I & IV early Jan

minibiju Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hi, > > Is PRM and FRM of equal value in our CV. which > one is considered more valuable at present. Also, > when you compare both , which is more difficult > and time consuming. difficult to answer - i think the FRM is more well known at the moment (prob due to Schweser), however the PRM has good links with a number of top universities and is expanding this network all the time. Also, the PRM has not been established as long as the FRM (the FRM founders, i think, left to set the PRM up because of the FRM being a ‘for profit’ company) if you had to all 4 of the PRM exams i would say that the workload would be similar. If you can get the exemptions then the PRM is quicker to finish

Factor hedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone signed up for PRM (any exams) I am planning > to schedule exam I & IV early Jan going to sit for III in January - i did IV a month or so ago and it’s failry easy

I am a recent mathematics & finance double major graduate. I was wondering around how much time do i have to prepare for all the PRM exams with my background?

I’d say FRM is much better than PRM…it’s a branding issue. GARP does a much better job. They have the same material, but no one knows what the PRM is. still, few know what the FRM is. only get either if you are focused on going into a purely risk management position. Otherwise, no one knows and no one cares.