PRM Advice

Hi,

I just want to know what is the differenace (if any) between PRM handbook from 2004 and current version from 2010 ? I have the first one (from 2004) and I’m just wondering if it is necessary to buy valid version of the same book ? I have already checked - introduction to every chapter is quite the same, as well as tabel of content.

On the other hand financial theory, risk management, capital markets couldn’t change much over 6 years ? Am I right ?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Adam

I can only speak about Volume 3, the only one I purchased.

There is a new chapter III.0. There are 3 public domain readings which you can download. And there are also 4 new chapters / readings which are not part of Volume 3, but may only be accessible online through PRMIA’s website / MyLibrary if you purchase Volume 3. These readings can only be viewed online by logging-in, or downloaded in proprietary format, watermarked with your name.

It looks like there are 2 providers of study material: Kesdee and riskprep. Which one is better?

I was also choosing between FRM and PRM … spoke to a couple of senior people in the risk consulting industry (which I am looking to get into) and they all seemed to say that PRM had better material. Finally giving the PRM exams… given exam 1 & 2… just the handbook and mock test on eduleap to practice worked for me… riskprep tests are very easy as compared to the actual exam… havnt tried Kesdee. Anyone knows any additional resources for Exam 3?

I have noted that the PRM is gaining in popularity and I think it’s worthwhile to create a separate section for it on this website.

Eduleap seems to be getting good reviews. Apart from mock exams what else do they offer?

I haven’t did extensiev research on the best path, but this helps a bit if you feel IV is better first than III, but I will have do some ground work. smiley

coolrki lån cool

How long did it take to get the designation after you submitted a copy of your CFA charter? I assume PRMIA has to contact CFAI to check the credentials.

PRM’s e-mail telling you that your results are now posted on the PRMIA website will also contain this message:

If you are a “cross-over” candidate and have successfully completed the required sections of the PRM program, you may now send the details or a scanned copy of your documentation or details for verification to sue.rod@prmia.org.

Just e-mail your CFA Charter number to Sue and she will verify directly with CFAI.

There’s no need to send a copy of CFA Charter or any other documentation.