Progress Check

All, I finished Ethics and Quantsa and started studying FSA. Would the rest share their progress…?!

I signed up to take the test early, and passed with >70 in all categories. Just kidding, pal. I’ve read through all the Schweser notes and have been doing QBank.

I’m buying my calculator tonight, and am going to start studying tomorrow… just thought I’d throw that in there to make you all feel better, and me feel worse!

Through quant, ethics and econ. A week ago, when I was on page 200 of FSA I was taking my time, and really felt like I was getting FSA. Now, on page 280 and am just wrapping up the cash flow statement chapter and feel completely lost. Ahh well, I guess I knew it wasn’t all going to be intuitive. I’m setting aside FSA until Saturday morning where I will lock myself in a conference room with just enough food and coffee to survive the day and will not emerge until I get it!

I’m through ethics, about 2/3 of quant, and 1/3 of econ. And got my calculator a week ago yesterday.

which calculator bro?

I’ve finished Quant, Econ & FSA… just started Corp Fin. However I read Quant & Econ soo long ago & i’m pretty sure I don’t remember anything from them anymore.

read through all of book 1 and 2 and am starting book 3 now - all CFAI texts. should be done will all reading by november 9th leaving me with a month to review. using Schwesser Pro software along the way and taking copious notes and making a sick outline (40 pages of notes on 2 books alone)

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Through quant, ethics and econ. A week ago, when > I was on page 200 of FSA I was taking my time, and > really felt like I was getting FSA. Now, on page > 280 and am just wrapping up the cash flow > statement chapter and feel completely lost. > > Ahh well, I guess I knew it wasn’t all going to be > intuitive. I’m setting aside FSA until Saturday > morning where I will lock myself in a conference > room with just enough food and coffee to survive > the day and will not emerge until I get it! Pretty much the same scenario as me,I got as far as FSA ss9 and ended up getting 55% of the end of reading questions right…I may have taken in too much too soon…now moved straight on to Corp Fin…I will get back to FSA when I have got the other readings out the way…If I cracked FSA now, I doubt it would stay with me until Dec.

I’ve done Quant and Ecos, made a start on FSA, on SS09. A bit worried about having enough time at the end for revision. Gonna have to put in some serious hours in october in order to have nov for revision… but i’m feeling pretty confident i can make it

done ethics, quants and half way through FSA. all done quite quickly but with lots of notes. learning how to using the TI calc. too which is amazing when you know how - DB depr as example. planning to go through the whole course once (schweser) then come back and learn my notes and fill in understanding gaps - covariance!!! - and then tackle practice questions for the whole of november. am from a legal background so most of this is a) new and b) gobbledigook.

Done with Quant, Eco (40%), FSA freaked out on taxes and moved onto PM. done with PM. Plan to go back to FSA and Econ. Really worried on retention and enough time for review. But keeping for Nov for tests and review. As someone said need to push myself in Sept and Oct.

Done w/Quant, FSA, Econ, and have started corp. finance. I plan to review FSA this weekend.

I signed up for the test in Feb, so I already finished all the books. Took a break for 2-3 weeks, now I just started going over my notes, reading thru the chapters again seeing how much I remember and taking the Stalla passmaster tests. I figure I’ll be done reading all the material for a second time by mid october and be done taking all the passmaster tests around that time too. Going on vacation the last week in October when I get back I’ll have a month to take all the mock exams and finish up any other tests I didn’t take yet. Hopefully that should be enough to fully absorb at least 70-75% of the material

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > which calculator bro? BAII Professional. I hear the HP is a better calc but it’s more expensive and as I understand more difficult to learn. I found a nice tutorial for the BAII on the web and after doing the TVM sections with it I think I’ve got the calc down.

Going to finish Economics by this saturday… Rest everything is pending… I am gonna fail for sure…

gonna start studying tomorrow, wish me luck everyone

Done with Econ/Quant, and 1/2 ethics (rereading ethics last) Every weekend I plan on logging 10+hour study days to catch up and always get distracted. I guess I’m learning the discipline side of the CFA. anybody else get that?

The same thing happens to me too! The weekends are even worse than weeknights! It’s really hard to concentrate/stay in & study on weekends when there’s stuff going on or you just want some relax time! I think that’s the hardest part of CFA… the discipline & dedication, to read all the books & get in all the hours!

just started ! also started a new job . tuff one . goodluck peeps