Progress Check

Portfolio mgmt left! Then review everything I’ve forgot… ugh

Just finishing quants this week. Still a long road ahead. Sigh.

Done quant, eco and on Session 8 FSA. 1 week behind my planned schedule.

Ive done Book 3! Any hope to finish four books in 40 days?

Ignoring the fact each book varies in size… recommended 250 hours study: 41+ hours a book, 4 books, 170 hours, 40 days, Atleast 4 hours revision a day - by my math there’s hope!

Finished with ethics, quant, econ, and the first two study sessions of FSA. How much review of previous study sessions are you guys putting in on a weekly basis? Are you just focusing on getting through the reading and coming back for review after all the readings are completed?

i haven’t started yet. today i am getting schweser 2008 notes so i could dump those CFAI books and tomorrow i will probably begin my studies, about 5 hours per day, except on sundays = approx. 300 hours, i think it should be enough.

Half way through volume 5 (finished equities). I think I’ll be done the books by mid Oct which leaves enough time to revise.

Finishing FSA 3 this week, doing a recap of FSA 1-3 this weekend and then doing a progress test as well. I’ve been following along with the Stalla course and I think it’s worked out well for me.

Currently on reading 60, Book 5, CFA curriculum. Going in order, but I skipped Quantitative. It seems that I am forgeting a lot of the things I am learning. Does this happen to you? Alex.

neagu.alexandru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Currently on reading 60, Book 5, CFA curriculum. > Going in order, but I skipped Quantitative. > It seems that I am forgeting a lot of the things I > am learning. Does this happen to you? > Alex. Certainly is happening to me, although based on past experience with exams I’m not too worried. Generally the key to success is picking stuff up subconciously at least and when you go back to revise it will be easier to comprehend and remember in an exam. Revision is the key in my opinion, as well as practice questions. I wouldn’t be too worried about not being able to remember all of what you’ve coverred so far, as long as it was (somewhat) logical at the time you first read it you may be ok.