Progress so far ...

Does any one want to share how far we have progressed covering the syllabus so far … I read parts of derivatives, bonds and GIPS. I didn’t read them in detail but in a quick read through mode… Thx

I read all the material relative to IPS (individual and institutional)… How are you studying/ exercising? Are you trying to explain what you read by using “your words”? (i.e. as you should take an oral exam). Or are you taking notes, schemes, and so on…

I am just trying to reflect on the concepts i learn and digest them. I want to make them my own understanding. I am not focusing on how i express the concepts yet. I am focusing on learning the concepts and thinking through them. IPS is the heart of the exam. How much time did it take for you to read through both those sessions ? Thanks for sharing.

I did exactly what yo said, GetSetGo! Just focused on learning the material, without writing it… It took 2 weekends, i.e. approximately 30 hours, to read, reflect and “look inside” each concept of this 2 sessions! Now I got it and it’s time to “practice”, i.e. to do the essay questions… but, as I told you, it seems really impossible to me to remember all the material exactly in the same shape they’re supposed to want! :frowning: I’ll be back to you if I’ve some more feedback… Thanks a lot, GetSetGo!

…just finished sand dunes. on to green leaves.

Started this weekend and began w/ Book 3 of Schweser. Made it to page 140. Need to kick it up a notch if I hope to pass this thing! For some reason I am less motivated than I was for L1 and L2.

Ploughing through SS11 now, started with SS3 a long long time ago.

Done SS1 through SS3, quick read through them…working on SS4 today after work another words I have not done much…this past weekend I got 0 hours done…have to really improve that…

Just finished reading 23 (SS 6). Time to go back and do a lot of questions to review SS1-5. I’m trying to have no “zero” days, and even if I don;t feel like it, I out in at least an hour. Then on weekends I shoot for about 7-8 hours total. I still get a sinking feeling that I’m behind schedule. I’m in the same boat as bhill020 - I’m not all that motivated this time around.

I have actually tried writing my name out with “CFA” after it to spur some motivation. Banged out 140 pages after that. Will have to think of a few more tactics with several thousand pages to go. You would think having just one exam to go, motivation would be at its highest. However, having done CA first and gone straight into CFA, I am just burnt.

up to swaps. been there for 3 weeks. not a good sign.

Started on Reading 41 today - got discouraged and skipped to reading 45. I skipped SS1 & 2. Reading 41 is almost as poorly written as the swaps / commodity chapters. Garbage…

Starting study session 6… still trying to decide whether 4 and 5 were difficult or not. When I started L1 my motivation was money, now my motivation is to have closure with this part of my life.

skipped around a bit but on swaps now… agree with those above that this is annoying reading. not particularly difficult, just, well, annoying. still have equity and all IPS stuff to go. approx. half done with the readings, mainly via schweser.

Hey All, I read sessions 15,16,17 so far. Now reading session 11. Good luck to all.

Started last week of Jan and have done SS 3-6 in the CFAI texts so far. I felt like I have been on a good pace since I started, but realizing I’m only a little over 20% through the study sessions is a little discouraging.

very little, very slow…

Slowly reviewing material …

Done with SS 3 - 13, I will finish SS 14 tomorrow, and I will (hopefully) finish with all of the material on 4/15. I’ll spend the final month and a half taking practice exams, memorizing the institutional investor table, rereading the material, and shoring up the areas I find that need improvement.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Done with SS 3 - 13, I will finish SS 14 > tomorrow, and I will (hopefully) finish with all > of the material on 4/15. I’ll spend the final > month and a half taking practice exams, memorizing > the institutional investor table, rereading the > material, and shoring up the areas I find that > need improvement. samziess