Progress so far ...

It took me a while to get rolling but right now I am on the one way train barreling towards success. Hopefully I can keep up the intensity b/c it was hard to get started.

I finished the Schweser material a week or so back, and figured I’d start going through CFAI. It took me a week and a half or so…not sure if it’s worth getting bogged down with that now, or making another quick pass through Schweser and then seeing what I’m really weak on. Didn’t realize there were 6 CFAI books until yesterday. Not cool.

I’ve read SS3-10 and made notes. Did questions for SS3-7. Should be done with SS 13-17 this week and then I will start taking notes on SS11-17 which will probably take 3 to four weeks… after that it is readings 1,2 and 18. Hopefully, by mid-march/late-march I can start reviewing everything and do all the questions. Making notes are really helpful though… for me anyways

feel like i am running out of steam. How many pages do you guys do per hour? per day? per week? I started way back in August…then did not touch the books for more than 2 months. then started and restarted. managed to finish books 2,3,4,5 and started with book 6 (finished 40 pages here). books 2 and 3, i did not attempt any practice problems. Kept them pending and ended up keeping them pending for 3 months now. Now, I have kept book 6 aside, and started book 1 as a diversion. I have not purchased schweser yet. I need to look at an entire CFA examination paper, both morning and afternoon sessions. So as to get an idea about the kind of questions to expect. i do not want to look at the mock tests provided by CFA Institute, because I intend to solve these papers in the last weeks and I do not want to know what questions are on them.

I’ve finished SS -14 and made my own notes too. … skipped IPS (individual and institutional)…they are the core of the test and I want to read them when I am most focused.

just started book 4…hope to finish it in 2 weeks, then book 5/GIPS by April 1st.

I’m on SS 11 but skipped book 1. Anyone else saving ethics and GIPS for the end?

Registered last night, have not started

ng30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finished the Schweser material a week or so > back, and figured I’d start going through CFAI. > It took me a week and a half or so…not sure if > it’s worth getting bogged down with that now, or > making another quick pass through Schweser and > then seeing what I’m really weak on. Didn’t > realize there were 6 CFAI books until yesterday. > Not cool. It took you only a week and a half to read through all material?

I’ve read everything (schweser) except GIPS. Now I’m going back thorugh it all, answering all the end of chapter questions. I’ll save GIPS for Aruba in March when I’m on the beach. Also, I’ve been doing the curriculum on Qbank to get comfy with the concepts. Done about 75% of the questions there.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ng30 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I finished the Schweser material a week or so > > back, and figured I’d start going through CFAI. > > > It took me a week and a half or so…not sure > if > > it’s worth getting bogged down with that now, > or > > making another quick pass through Schweser and > > then seeing what I’m really weak on. Didn’t > > realize there were 6 CFAI books until yesterday. > > > Not cool. > > It took you only a week and a half to read through > all material? Is ng30 really Johnny 5?

Cobra Kai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Registered last night, have not started Sweet username. You don’t mess with Johnny’s dojo.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve read everything (schweser) except GIPS. Now > I’m going back thorugh it all, answering all the > end of chapter questions. Same strategy here. Read the Schweser books first, then go back and do the end of chapter Qs. I like to read everything first, so I know what I’m in for and where to focus more attention. Will definitely leave Ethics 'til last, but may take a look at GIPs earlier on, as there’s a lot of material to cover there. On a side note, I was at a CFA event last night and spoke with a woman who is currently finishing up a Masters in FRM. She passed L1 and L2 on first go and failed L3 last year. When I told her I am just getting started with studying L3, she gave me a very worried look - this was concerning. I will be studying a little harder tonight!

bhill020 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smarshy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve read everything (schweser) except GIPS. > Now > > I’m going back thorugh it all, answering all > the > > end of chapter questions. > > Same strategy here. Read the Schweser books > first, then go back and do the end of chapter Qs. > I like to read everything first, so I know what > I’m in for and where to focus more attention. > Will definitely leave Ethics 'til last, but may > take a look at GIPs earlier on, as there’s a lot > of material to cover there. > > On a side note, I was at a CFA event last night > and spoke with a woman who is currently finishing > up a Masters in FRM. She passed L1 and L2 on > first go and failed L3 last year. When I told her > I am just getting started with studying L3, she > gave me a very worried look - this was concerning. > I will be studying a little harder tonight! I don’t like the sound of that…I work with someone who passed LI and LII forst try (all >70) and failed LIII. But I think it has alot to do with the kind of test taker you are (do you write too much, do you bullet point, are you fast or slow). If you have already read all of Schweser and are now going back through it, it doesn’t sound like you are just getting started though…

Still contemplating how to start…

I finished SS 3…about a month ago.

A bit off topic…but anyone knows if it’s ok to use pencils to write the morning sessions instead of pen? Don’t want the hassle of wite-out…

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finished SS 3…about a month ago. hey hey sponge_bob ! haven’t seen you around for a while… oh wait…i’m the one that hasn’t been around much…well works been busy…but that’s probably a good sign… as far as books are concerned I’m done with book 2 and 3 of schweser…i think that’s SS 3-11…woww…never saw that written down like that…feel great all of a sudden… i didn’t touch ethics/gips…probably will leave that for the end… for Round 2. will be going through all the end of chapter qs from CFA books…I think…wanna start the Qbank…but just don’t feeel like it :frowning:

I made my own schweser notes. I have answer every LOS up to reading 35. I’ll finish the rest over the course of the next two weeks. Different approach than I have taken, but this will allow to refer back to my notes with ease. I expect that I will start doing Q bank questions in about two weeks and i’ll drill down on that for most of March. Feeling pretty good right now…have read everything and I dont see any curveballs.

You can use pencil in the morning session.