Progress so far ...

jb, you were never the one to slack. i’m sure you will do well. me on the other hand, spent most of the day at stinson beach with my daughter and wife. went to starbucks to study, got 45 minutes done before my cousin calls me with free tickets to the warriors game tonight. i’m in trouble. i’m a quarter of the way through on the last schweser book. been doing all the quesitons along the way. figure i’ll be done with schweser in 2 weeks at the latest and start hitting qbank and the end of chapter questions in the curriculum in march and april as well as make some flashcards… last day i slack is today. i swear.

Smarshy Wrote: > If you have already read all of Schweser and are > now going back through it, it doesn’t sound like > you are just getting started though… I haven’t read all of Schweser. That is not a quote from me. Still in early stages here. I agree w/ the comment though that it depends where your strengths are in test taking. L3 looks like a different beast than L1 and L2. My guess is people who nail L1 and L2 but are very “quant” focused may struggle with L3.

There’s always some distractor going on for me. I have made it through almost 2 books.

Started Session 1 this morning. I’m actually going to try to plow through reading all CFAI stuff, then problems, then online tests, and see what happens.

mumukada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I finished SS 3…about a month ago. > > > hey hey sponge_bob ! haven’t seen you around for a > while… > > oh wait…i’m the one that hasn’t been around > much…well works been busy…but that’s probably a > good sign… New update. No change. I’ve never had the motivation problem this bad before…Fck might have to do the Windsor program if I don’t straighten myself out. > > as far as books are concerned I’m done with book 2 > and 3 of schweser…i think that’s SS > 3-11…woww…never saw that written down like > that…feel great all of a sudden… > > i didn’t touch ethics/gips…probably will leave > that for the end… > > for Round 2. will be going through all the end of > chapter qs from CFA books…I think…wanna start > the Qbank…but just don’t feeel like it :frowning:

Relying heavily on CFAI text. Have read SS 3-5 cursorily. Finished SS 6-8 answering each LOS on index cards. On SS-9 right now. Too time consuming but writing seems to help cut down revision time dramatically for me. have to read 35 pages everyday otherwise strategy wont work. Qbank in mid April.

took the gmat today so I’ll finally start this weekend. starting with books 3-5 since 1&2 look really boring…L2 pension like boring

Ok back with my progress update: I have to read the following chapters in the CFAI - then its on to Schweser 41, 43, 44, 49, and All of Book 1.

Big leap in progress. Still have only read SS3, but I booked Windsor and now have a goal to finish the material before that week.

read everything in schweser…can not remember a thing …starting qbank done about 10% of q bank with 69% correct…

Hit a few snags the last few months but I am trying to pick up the pace. Something about this level has given me a weird “you just can not prepare yourself” feeling. I have read the cfai ex ethics. Sept - Jan skimmed 20/30 pgs a night. Not great recall there. I am now reading through schweser and doing q’s and qbank. Did book 2 and book 3 up to fixed income. Maybe 10% of qbank done at an 84, all basic q’s in the SS’s covered in book 2 and 3.

I was cooking right along until this past week. Read everything from SS2 to SS13 in both Schweser and CFAI, wrote up note cards for all LOS except for Capital expectations SS. Spent a decent amount of time on SS4 and SS5, but recall right now is minimal. Picking through on a few problems here and there, both CFAI and Schweser. Plan is to finish early april with GIPS and Ethics reading CFAI for both, then focus on review for the next month or so and questions in May. Heading to Windsor in the first week of May and taking a week off before the exam. I’m not worried about the item set portion, i think i’m in great shape for that. My major concern is the essay portion and potentially not explaining things enough to get the necessary amount of points.

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hit a few snags the last few months but I am > trying to pick up the pace. Something about this > level has given me a weird “you just can not > prepare yourself” feeling. I have read the cfai > ex ethics. Sept - Jan skimmed 20/30 pgs a night. > Not great recall there. I am now reading through > schweser and doing q’s and qbank. Did book 2 and > book 3 up to fixed income. Maybe 10% of qbank > done at an 84, all basic q’s in the SS’s covered > in book 2 and 3. I’ve got that same funny feeling, although I believe my progress is pretty good, you never know. I’m on reading 41 in the CFAI text now, and foreign currency hedging is a pain in the bottom. After so much qualitative stuff, it’s like I’ve forgotten how to memorize a few formulas. These maybe the sort of questions that I don’t do well on come exam time. My wife has noticed I have higher anxiety about this level than any other, and it’s certainly partly due to this change in the nature of the material and the imprecise correlation between performance on previous levels and level III. It’s also probably because I don’t think I could bring myself to try again if I were to fail this level!

Finished reading all of schweser two nights ago. Did notes for SS3-14 already. Need to finish notes for SS15-17 which will take about 7-10 days and then it’s on to reviewing. QBank, questions, review notes, secret sauce up until late April. And then it’s more of the same in April + Ptests. June 7th begin with drinking and partying and then repeat. Continue until August. Get results.