Progress So Far

I’ve finished Ethics, Quant and Eco. Currently I think I’m on track with the Schweser plan. I’m a few pages into the Corp Fin section now, and I find Quant to be the most challenging section. I barely remember what I read a few weeks ago. While passing this in June, seems like a long shot (given the time left), I think I’m just going to give it my best shot and see what happens.

Just finished ethics. Haven’t done any questions. Woo hoo, I’m fucked.

“Finished” equity, economics, corporate finance and quant. However, when doing practice q’s two weeks ago I barely managed a 50% score and didn’t know how to apply many concepts. I’ll work through a number of Schweser videos this week and do practice q’s afterwards. Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, Ethics and FSA are still on my to-do-list. Way behind schedule but let’s see if I can gain some motivation in February because that’s what I’m lacking most.

There is some good progress here so far, keep it up everyone. I am on the 1 week per SS track and just finished SS5. Ethics, Quant, Econ have been completed (although quant will need some major review later on). Notes: Ethics - basically the same as L1 except for softdollar, etc. This section should not be too bad. Quant - Uh, yea…I need to do some more problems but I think with time it will come. Econ - Should be good, mostly FX stuff and the concepts make sense to me. FSA (5) - Not too bad, some basic relationships but there are a lot of variations. I want to have a good grasp of FSA prior to the John Harris class I am going to in March. Qbank: I have done about 150 questions…this is a far cry from last year on L1 where I did about 30 questions a night. I will probably step it up since I want to finish the qbank 100% this time.

Done with Ethics, Quant, FSA, Econ half done with Equity need to do Corp finance, FI, derivatives & PM I use the texts and also use Q-bank for reinforcement. I should be done everything by the 3rd week of March…and then I will actually learn the material

dennis, you and me both pal

I’m pretty much evenly half-done. Did SS1-9, with over half of the Q-bank questions for each study session used up (I learn by doing questions) with an over-80% grade. I’m slightly ahead of my own schedule, so I decided to grind through SS18 while I’m ahead. On to SS10 next week.

I think reading CFAI and schweser is overkill, just pick one. Using CFAI Readings attending John harris workshop schwesar Q-Bank CFAI online exams

i’m on JB’s schedule- mid/late march I’m trying to get my 1st read in by. i’m doing schweser primarily, have read quant, FSA, corp fi, FI, and am about 1/2way through equity. have econ, PM, and derivatives left. april is q-bank and review month, may is practice test and review month. that’s my gameplan. if it’s enough, cool. if not, i’ll do it again in '09 and know more then.

Quant, Econ, FSA done, a lot more to go, and review.

I just passed LI in December 07, so I started studying last monday(01/28) which is when I received my CFAI texts. Just got my Schweser study notes and have the Q-bank. I am almost done with FSA in the CFAI text. (Hope to finish FSA by this Friday) My plan is to read at least FSA, Equity and Ethics from the CFAI texts since those make up roughly 50% of the exam. After that, I think I will read the rest of the material from Schweser. I would love to read all of the CFAI text, but I feel that would take to long (since I take notes because it is the best way for me personally to retain the info) and it would be more constructive to read Schweser multiple times, plus lots of Q-bank and at least 2 or 3 CFAI sample exams. What do you think?

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just started studying last night - YAY for me. Looks like we are on the same page (got my books last night). What are you starting out with?

Done with Fixed Income (90%) Started Corp. Fin yesterday. I will try to finish by weekend and then start Q-bank for FI and CF. Next week Derivatives and then FSA. I also want to complete FSA by 2/28 (John Harris will be in Boston on 2/29 and 1/3). I am no where as compare to Ruhi. God knows what will happen

I am almost finished with econ. Read ethics and quant carefully. Reading CFAI books. Last year I just did Schweser. I am liking the CFAI books, more material but so much easier to understand the difficult concepts. I love the examples. I have not answered a single question. Starting to feel the pressure…

I think I might be f**ked …just finished ethics

I just finished reading Book 0. Yay.

The people that post here compared to the overall enrollment in the CFA exams is rather small I would think. Everyone here is much more driven than your “average” test taker. Theres nothing to worry about yet.

I agree with Niblita. People who actually take the pains of finding an online forum are obviously more focused. cfaboston, good to see you back! :slight_smile: congrats on clearing L-I. We can all study together now.

i just started…damn i’m behind lol…

I was suppose.d to start Sunday…but I got 11 too many Jack Daniels shots saturday night.