Progress So Far

yeah my books come today and then I will start, I remember when I started studying for L1 there where some people on the forum who had already done 100hours, i was like ‘WTF? Allready?’ . My technique is going to be steady and constant study for 4 months, 10-20 hours a week, with a week off work leading up to the exam, problem is my gf, who i havent seen for 8 months is coming n living with me in late Feb, she know’s how it is but still…

Just finished Reading 1…I should have been a teacher.

wow … people here have finished more than 50% of the curriculum … that is really good … I still have not started yet… i was busy with applying for masters … My only hope is i will spend more time from now onwards…

BTW i still have not registered … I think i have to manage with schweser until i get CFA textbooks … damn it … i have lot of work to do … :frowning:

i just bought my new schweser

Yeah guys I say this is my second reading but I still cant answer any of the questions posted on this forum. First read was very light and only underlined important points. Second read is more in depth, but again not grasping everything. Third read is going to be the one where I really get stuck in. This method is different from the one I used in level 1, level 1 was a intensive first read. I have found this way quite useful (light read first). What happends is sometimes I wont understand a point, so I’ll put a question mark in the border and move on, and then later on in the section my question will be answered. So I figure, moving on saves time.

sl3018: I started quant first. I feel like I never accomplish anything when reading ethics so I thought starting with quant will actually give me some sense of accomplishment…we’ll see…

Started Quant on the 23rd of last month and I’d say on 95% finished. I had hoped to finish last night and start Econ tonight but i hit a snag in time series. Hopefully, the remaining sections won’t be as time consuming as quant.

Just finished Ethics. Moving onto Economics now, then will do quant after. I plan on studying at least 20 hours per week, lucky I have time to study at work aswell, otherwise i’m dead. But I still think I need more time…worried

Sure I posted this before, but cant see it anymore?? My first reading was very light and second a little more intense. So yeah second reading, but still cant answer any of the questions on this forum… I intend the third to be the one where I really get stuck in. I have found that a light reading helps, sometimes a topic will become clearer to you further on in the reading. So instead of getting stuck on points that will be explained later, I move on. The balance I’ll get to on the third read.

gotta love overachiever threads like this. Reading all this honestly makes me want to wrap up book 1 this weekend. here’s to hoping…

Are the majority of you who have completed multiple topics (Quant, FSA, PM, etc) using the CFAI texts or using Schweser/Stalla? I am using the CFAI text and it is taking for ever to get through FSA(started last week, passed LI in Dec 07). I feel like I might switch to Schweser(which I purchased) and read books 1-5, just so I can get through the cirriculum one time by early April at the latest and then go from there.

O crap… I just finished reading 2 study sessions from economics…thats it so far…thers plenty of time left :slight_smile: right???

I have finished 6 study sessions, don’t remember which ones. I need to do some solid revisions.

delhirocks, that’s pretty darn impressive considering you just passed L1 in Dec, right? wow

Passed L1 in Dec, have to take Series 7 and 66 for work, will not be starting L2 studying until last week of Feb. Nothing I can do, but do you all think I’m too late? Remember the test date is June 7, not June 1.

I just got my CFAI books couple of days ago and started with Pensions, soon to realize that it was all an (OTH) - Over’Head’ Transition for me.

I’ve read Ethics, Quant, Econ, FSA, FI, and part of Equity, however my actual retention is very small. I’ve gone through FSA and FI twice so I feel pretty confident that I’ll nail them with more review. I started in early November and have committed about 5-10 hours each weekend. Unfortunately I have no time to study during the week so I figured I would start early. I only use Schweser and will refer to the CFAI texts for practice problems when it gets closer to the exam.

My plan was to start studying in October and average 1 hour/day to get to the magical 250 hours. So far I’ve stuck pretty close to this and am only a few hours behind pace (I will hit the 125 hour half way point this week). This moment I am almost half way through Fixed Income (I’ve been exclusively reading the CFAI texts in order and answering the practice problems). At this pace, I will have a couple of month left at the end for additional problems, practice exams, etc. I’ve been contemplating subscribing to Q-bank for additional practice problems, but I am cheap. Anybody think that it would be worth it? I guess I will think about it more after I take a practice test.

padircks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Passed L1 in Dec, have to take Series 7 and 66 for > work, will not be starting L2 studying until last > week of Feb. Nothing I can do, but do you all > think I’m too late? Remember the test date is June > 7, not June 1. Those tests are going to be a cake walk for you after studying and passing level 1. You can probably get some L2 reading done in Feb. in tandem with those, IMO.