Progress ... ???

What is your progress ???

CFAI text - Need to finish derivatives (currently at SWAPS) port mgmt, econ, and half of quant. Have done all EOCs for completed sections. Need to do a lot of review work. even after I finish CFAI EOCs I look at some of Damil’s practice questions and get ROCKED. Want to go back and do Schweser questions for review as well. Overall I feel BEHIND.

Wrapping up equity this week-still have FI, Derivatives, Alt, PM remaining. I am about a week behind the Stalla schedule. 3-4 weeks for pure review plus J. Harris weekend.

Just finished first pass using Stalla lectures, study guides and passmaster. Now will review the Stalla lecture notes, then hit EOC’s and practice and mock exams. I feel like I forgot everything that I learned more than 1 week ago.

Half way through derivatives, then have PM. Then will start hammering the questions and reviewing. I have not done too many questions although I have taken excellent notes. I figure 7 weeks of questions is a good amount of time.

Everything done but Derivatives and PM. Should finish up PM by Fridady and Derivatives in two weeks. Answering all the passmaster questions first then doing the EOCs. Should have a good month to review and hit up some practice exams

Finishing up equity now…then on to derivatives, FI (not bad i heard) and portfolio management. Should be all done May 1 with 5 weeks to review.

Just curious but the first 150 pages of Equity seem really broad and easy to skim through. Did anyone take anything really important from this section or did it seem mostly like broad background information?

Have completed all schweser readings and sample questions (last weekend). Had done over 2000 Qbanks at an aggregate score of about 80%, but i wasnt confident in my 80%. I was running out of questions in a lot of areas, so i actually reset the qbank yesterday. My plan from here on out is - weekday nights after work - do some QBank questions. Also do QBank questions during lunch. Commuting back and forth from work - reading secret sauce Weekends - going back to the material for the areas I struggled with during the week, and reading it over in secret sauce, schweser, and CFAI text.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have completed all schweser readings and sample > questions (last weekend). Had done over 2000 > Qbanks at an aggregate score of about 80%, but i > wasnt confident in my 80%. > > I was running out of questions in a lot of areas, > so i actually reset the qbank yesterday. > > My plan from here on out is - weekday nights after > work - do some QBank questions. Also do QBank > questions during lunch. > > Commuting back and forth from work - reading > secret sauce > > Weekends - going back to the material for the > areas I struggled with during the week, and > reading it over in secret sauce, schweser, and > CFAI text. Nice work, I did the Schweser EOC’s and some about 2/3 of the Stalla EOC’s after every chapter and about 400 of the q-bank. My scores are not as good but getting better. In about 2 weeks I plan to start to use the Schweser Test Book for questions and in the last 6 weeks take about 4-6 other practice exams. It’s nice to here I’m not the only one forgetting 1/2 of the stuff a week or so after reading and testing on it, very frustrating.

Glaw2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just curious but the first 150 pages of Equity > seem really broad and easy to skim through. Did > anyone take anything really important from this > section or did it seem mostly like broad > background information? reading 34 important, but the bulk of that initial stuff isn’t rocket science.

Finishing PM tomorrow. Then taking the first Schweser book 1 on Saturday. Will report back on Sunday and let you know how badly I flunk it.

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Finishing up equity now…then on to derivatives, > FI (not bad i heard) and portfolio management. > Should be all done May 1 with 5 weeks to review. I’d have to say, I’ll see you there on May 1 , if I do make it. (kinda) done with Quants and Derivatives… will finish Equity today.

I’m wrapping up Equity now, have spent two weeks on SS12 and reviewing it with SS10-11. This is the meat of the exam and I want to own it come exam time. I should have done the same with FRA. I’m on track to finish all readings by early May which gives me a month to do mock after mock. Goal is to do 10 mocks between Schweser/Stalla/CFAI/Local CFA society.

i agree with jlive, based on topic weights i’m guessing it does make sense to give equity & FRA extra time. my strategy is to do 60 qbank questions on these areas per sitting, while doing 30 questions on all of the other areas. If you can nail those 2 sections, you’ve won 1/2 the battle

okiew5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wrapping up equity this week-still have FI, > Derivatives, Alt, PM remaining. I am about a week > behind the Stalla schedule. > > 3-4 weeks for pure review plus J. Harris weekend. let’s get intouch :slight_smile: I am a Stalla user too and way behind my schedule too. scfa09@gmail.com

working through equity, have used just curriculum up to this point and doing all EOC questions as I go along. will move to just schweser notes for FI, AI, PM and derivatives. same strategy as others - want to make sure I have equity and FR&A down pat…and May is all practice exams, problems, problems, mo dang problems… i’m tired.

…missing another spring when all my friends are out having fun. miserable because come late june/early july when they’re all partied out ill just be getting started. timing the partying market is tough

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …missing another spring when all my friends are > out having fun. miserable because come late > june/early july when they’re all partied out ill > just be getting started. > > timing the partying market is tough +1

I’ve spent the last two weeks playing with Matlab Financial Toolbox as if I have nothing else to do and I’ve covered only Quant and Derivatives. I don’t stand chance for June this year