purchasing an engagement ring

You should be able to get a 1.25 - 1.30 carat/VS1/E round cut stone for $10,000 - $11,000. Throw it in a nice platinum setting for another $1,500 - $2,000 and you’re good to go. Spend a good deal of time comparing supposedly comparable stones though, as the quality of the cut makes a huge difference in how much light is reflected. A well cut 1.25 carat stone can blow away a 2 carat stone that was poorly cut, all else equal. Stay away from the non-traditional shapes as they tend to throw less light than the round cut for an otherwise comparable stone and can become dated looking.

has anyone looked into the synthetic rings? my brother in law (supposedly) decided not to get one back when he proposed, but was saying that the prices have come down since then, and he would probably go down that route if he were proposing now.

> > > i am a chick? Maybe… let me go to a > bathroom > > and > > > check… > > > > > > brb > > > > Everyone on here says you are one. I dunno what > > made them think that. > > back… > > results are inconclusive and need an expert > opinion. I will update you ASAP after i visit my > doc. so when you said “yes, 21/F/CA, ASL?” are you not sure if your cute as well?

I was the same age when I got engaged. I’ll tell you this much - buy the best possible ring you can afford. Bigger is NOT always better. Get a diamond with a good cut (find out what she likes before you buy); color and clarity make all the difference. A 2 carot diamond that looks like crap is a waste of money. A 1.5 carot diamond that’s nearly flawless will have people gawking. You’ll want to get the best ring possible because, in theory, she’ll have it forever. Probably more importantly every other woman (and some guys) she shows the ring to will judge you based on it. Don’t go cheap. I spent $24k on my ring, way more than 2 or 3 times my montly income back then, and I have never regretted it. The ring is f’ing awesome and my wife still gets compliments all the time.

After comp_sci_kid’s findings am confused, so are you proposing a guy or a girl?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Blood diamonds. > > > Most diamonds are. less than 1% are actually

@ numi just b/c you give her a ring doesnt mean you still can’t give her a pearl necklace now and then too appreciate all the feed back though. think i’m going the wholesaler/importer route rather than the retail stores which seem like a huge rip-off

Ski2Much Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > i am a chick? Maybe… let me go to a > > bathroom > > > and > > > > check… > > > > > > > > brb > > > > > > Everyone on here says you are one. I dunno > what > > > made them think that. > > > > back… > > > > results are inconclusive and need an expert > > opinion. I will update you ASAP after i visit > my > > doc. > > > so when you said “yes, 21/F/CA, ASL?” are you not > sure if your cute as well? Listen, take it at face value… if you plan to propose to me, please ship secured package 3carat ring minimum VSS, D clarity perfect cut.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1) Don’t do it, you’re too young > 2) If you ignore “1”, then splurge on > something…you don’t want your girl to be > embarrassed to show off the teensy weensy ring you > bought her. > > I’d say $20K can get you something that she’s not > embarrassed by. @24??? Are you fu@#ing out of your mind?

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > marcus phoenix Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > Blood diamonds. > > > > > > Most diamonds are. > > > less than 1% are actually Source: The World Diamond Council. And who founded the WDC? That would be the World Federation of Diamond Bourses and the International Diamond Manufacturers Association. And who runs the WDC? That would be jewellers, traders and manufacturers. And who watches over the WDC? That would be the governments of Belgium (home of world’s the largest diamond trading center) and South Africa (the world’s largest diamond producing country - officially). Obviously, none of these groups has any reason to mislead the public about where diamonds come from.

the kind of ring you buy says a lot about what you and your wife stand for… if you and/or (hopefully and) your gf are a reasonable individual, you would get: carat: .75kt - 1kt cut: brilliant/near perfect (the naked eye cannot see the difference between near perfect and perfect) colour: colourless (D or E) clarity: VS1 - VVS1 (the naked eye cannot see imperfections in VS1 and better) cost: $4,000 - $7,000 if you and/or (hopefully and) your gf are showoffs (what are they called? Dallas 30k millionaires), you would get: carat: 1.5kt+ cut: perfect colour: colourless (D) clarity: IF cost: $10k+ remember. it has no utility, and if we enter depression and you need to sell it, you’re only going to get 2-10% of its value at that time. another thing to remember is that you’re going pay 300% of the cost of the ring over your lifetime when considering insurance, so the difference between a $10k ring and a $7k ring is $9k over your lifetime. oh and as for the type of metal to buy, buying platinum is a good way to up your prestige for little cost.

People who judge others for their choice of who/when they marry make no sense to me. All I’d say is that when you as a person are ready is ABSOLUTELY important, looking at the number of people I know that got married earlier because “love is the answer” only to divorce after the initial couple stages wear off. Hate to bring some reality to this and I’m sure people will take offense because belief in the big L as sacred and special has reached religious status, but the line between love and co-dependence is pretty fine. It’s important to understand which side of that line you are on. Love is basically very similar to a drug: “Parts of the brain that are love-bitten include the one responsible for gut feelings, and the ones which generate the euphoria induced by drugs such as cocaine. So the brains of people deeply in love do not look like those of people experiencing strong emotions, but instead like those of people snorting coke. Love, in other words, uses the neural mechanisms that are activated during the process of addiction. “We are literally addicted to love,” Dr Young observes.” From http://www.economist.com/node/2424049

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People who judge others for their choice of > who/when they marry make no sense to me. All I’d > say is that when you as a person are ready is > ABSOLUTELY important, looking at the number of > people I know that got married earlier because > “love is the answer” only to divorce after the > initial couple stages wear off. Hate to bring > some reality to this and I’m sure people will take > offense because belief in the big L as sacred and > special has reached religious status, but the line > between love and co-dependence is pretty fine. > It’s important to understand which side of that > line you are on. Love is basically very similar > to a drug: > > “Parts of the brain that are love-bitten include > the one responsible for gut feelings, and the ones > which generate the euphoria induced by drugs such > as cocaine. So the brains of people deeply in love > do not look like those of people experiencing > strong emotions, but instead like those of people > snorting coke. Love, in other words, uses the > neural mechanisms that are activated during the > process of addiction. “We are literally addicted > to love,” Dr Young observes.” > > From http://www.economist.com/node/2424049 It’s true. Either that or it’s a mental illness. That’s why I went for a cheap internet mail order bride, with a decent returns policy. I’m on the third one & very happy for now.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s true. Either that or it’s a mental illness. > That’s why I went for a cheap internet mail order > bride, with a decent returns policy. I’m on the > third one & very happy for now. pics.

^ www.latinabridesandtheirsisters.com

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ www.latinabridesandtheirsisters.com Probably not a good idea to go to that a work, I mean, I don’t work for the SEC. SIIIICK BUUURN

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Muddahudda Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ www.latinabridesandtheirsisters.com > > > Probably not a good idea to go to that a work, I > mean, I don’t work for the SEC. > > SIIIICK > BUUURN I thought SEC dudes were only into trannys.

“sinking thousands of dollars into a completely unproductive asset” Listen to your inner voice, don’t do it. Society want’s to brainwash you into basing your life on possessions and the resulting debt and here you are just itching to start things off that way, entering slavery…why not just not. If your woman is pushing to do this, she’s no good, dump her and get a better one.

According to my experience I’ve found the following to be true: THE BIGGER THE ROCK AND THE PARTY, THE BIGGER THE PROBELMS. An engagement ring shouldn’t be bought so it can be shown off. Whenever I’ve seen people buy huge rocks or have huge parties, I’ve found that they needed all this pompus stuff to convince themselves that they’re doing the right thing. Not a good idea. But it doesn’t sound like this is the case w/ u. Anyway, why don’t you show your future wife your affection by another means than by splashing out cash-wise? You could design a beautiful ring yourself and have it custom made. If you find a good goldsmith, you shlould get away with an amount far below 10k, even if you use a lot of diamonds. I think making the effort of creating your own design shows that you put a lot of love and thought into the ring. Anyone can just walk into a store and slam their credit card on the counter.

Hold off on that ring for a little while if you can. Just read that Zimbabwe plans to dump nearly two billion dollars worth of stones on the market. Should have a strong downward influence on prices.