Question for Everyone.

I know its crunch time but I am a level one candidate. Should I be confident with averaging mid 70s on schweser book 6 and 7 and an 81 and 75 on mocks 1 and 2? Sometimes I feel unstoppable, other times, I get worried that these scores are not that great. Thoughts? How were yall doing at this point before passing L1?

Yes. Those are good scores. I went 70,83,71 on the samples last year and did quite well on the real thing. Relax. You are far more prepared than most that will sit for the exam.

i’d feel confident if i were you.

Those are good scores. I scored about the same on Schweser if I remember. I was 60/40 on passing maybe less. Feel the same now for L2.

My highest CFAI practice exam score for LI was 70.

In December I was scoring in around 90 in Q-Bank. Never took the CFAI mocks or book 6. Ended up above 70 in every section except derivatives. You should be fine. Good luck.

I had similar scores and killed it. I’m sure you will too. I miss LI.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My highest CFAI practice exam score for LI was 70. I wouldn’t have guessed this…

Enjoy Level 1 while it lasts. It’s scary over here.

MT327…I look forward to working with you next year. Now go crush level I.

can we agree , even though it’s more difficult, that L2 is more interesting? is that weird?

lol mwvt9, your going to be in level 3 so I doubt you’ll see him…I on the other hand, will be looking forward to seeing him.

Basically MT327, we would all like to introduce ourselves as we all feel that we are going to fail L2.

Yes. Although most people think that level III is qualitative bullcrap, it is the level I am most interested in. The testing at levell III seems like it will be a real bear, but I bet I will love the stuff (if I get there). Edit: Jacking the thread (I can do that to a level I candidate and responding to cfasf1)

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My highest CFAI practice exam score for LI was > 70. > > > I wouldn’t have guessed this… I came in very cold with a 2.5 GPA in bus. admin not knowing the diff between a balance sheet and income statement or how to calculate present value. I had 7 weeks to prepare because of a job switch and not knowing what the CFA would involve. Studied like 450 hours in those 7 weeks while working full time. That was 8 months ago, it explains alot of my zealousness for the CFA, it really gave me a second shot to improve myself and I finally found something I really enjoy. But I appreciate the observation, makes me feel pretty good about what I’ve worked so hard to accomplish. Thanks, mwvt, you unknowingly made my day.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can we agree , even though it’s more difficult, > that L2 is more interesting? is that weird? More interesting? I learned a LOT more. Level 1 is mostly review. I’ll tell you how interesting it was come August…

You the king swanny. Try coming from an kinesiology background. HA!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Its so frustrating. I, like the rest of you, have been used to being assured very good scores when I put a lot of time and effort into studying. I have never put more time or effort into anything in my life and I still have trouble answering lots of questions. I want a sure thing!!! A very humbling experience to say the least.

just wait for L2, then you’re really phucked. cheers.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You the king swanny. > > Try coming from an kinesiology background. HA! Mwvt9 I started out as a kinesiology major.