Question for WOMEN (only) - Career Ambition

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love intelligent women, and I like it when a > woman is smarter than me about some topic. > > If a woman is smarter than a guy about everything > (i.e. a smart woman with a dull or average guy), I > can see that it might make the guy feel like he > can’t “man up” and be a decisionmaker without > being told his decision is wrong or suboptimal. > The reverse dynamic undoubtedly annoys women too, > but at least it doesn’t cut at their identity as a > woman. > > The real issue with intelligence an intimidation > is when a woman (or man) is so competitive about > their intelligence that every last topic becomes a > contest of who is smarter. I’ve known some women > like that, and it’s not the intelligence that is a > turn off, but the fact that you can’t seem to have > a conversation or a moment that isn’t somehow a > test of who is more knowledgable or smarter. I’ve > known women who say that men get turned off by > intelligence and can’t handle a smart woman, when > in fact what they do is talk the poor guy to death > where he can’t get a word in edgewise. > > Ideally, you want a relationship where each > partner is excellent in so > e capacity and each partner feels pride in what > they give and joy in what they recieve from the > other, and in general, intelligence adds to this. bchadwick, would you so honor us and become an apostle like some of us on here and spread the word of lord qqqbee?

???

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love intelligent women, and I like it when a > woman is smarter than me about some topic. I love intelligent women because they are devil in the kitchen and angel in bed.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ??? Please convert to qqqbeeism and we will declare you as one of our apostles for spreading the word of lord qqqbee. We could definitely use your eloquent and wise spiels and you will be a powerful force in our quest for spreading the word of the lord.

Harvard to Lehman to Queens: A Woman’s Guide to Balancing Banks http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-09-07/harvard-to-lehman-to-queens-a-woman-s-guide-to-balancing-banks.html

Bump. A partner should take 50% of the home work load and support my career choices or the deal is off. This makes it possible to combine most normal-ish family situations with most work situations. Also, it’s fair. Having said that, I am opting out of the children thing. Too low return on investment! Given the above, there is no point for either me or my partner working part time, nor would I enjoy that situation. Even with children, dual careers sounds to me like the more fun, interesting and rewarding option. And frankly, with some smart choices, the time spent cooking healthy meals, washing and so forth is really quite modest. (Again, given the no kids thing.) Lifestyle choices I cherish: - Living a brisk 30 min walk from the office. Staying fit and getting fresh air daily: check. - Living in a nicely located rental. Appropriate size and cleverly furnished - easy to clean: check. No maintenance hassle: check. No gardening hassle: check. Nice living space with balcony and a great view: check. - No pets, strong-as-hell plants. Freedom: check. Still less cleaning: check. - A large washing machine and a ton of nice clothes: Pile it up, then wash everything at once. Never hand wash. Think iron-free. Major time-saver: check. - A small repertoire of quick, healthy recipes. There’s even an app for that! Jamie Oliver’s twenty minute meals for the win! (iphone). Energy and health: check. - Dating someone who loves to cook! Save time and swoon: check. - Ditch the TV. Annoying time waster out the window: check. - DINK! Frequent travel, eating out, decadent long breakfasts, friends and other pastimes. We both work hard, but know how to spoil ourselves as well. Enjoy life: check.

You sound anxious. SheFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bump. > > A partner should take 50% of the home work load > and support my career choices or the deal is off. > This makes it possible to combine most normal-ish > family situations with most work situations. Also, > it’s fair. > > Having said that, I am opting out of the children > thing. Too low return on investment! > > Given the above, there is no point for either me > or my partner working part time, nor would I enjoy > that situation. Even with children, dual careers > sounds to me like the more fun, interesting and > rewarding option. > > And frankly, with some smart choices, the time > spent cooking healthy meals, washing and so forth > is really quite modest. (Again, given the no kids > thing.) > > Lifestyle choices I cherish: > - Living a brisk 30 min walk from the office. > Staying fit and getting fresh air daily: check. > - Living in a nicely located rental. Appropriate > size and cleverly furnished - easy to clean: > check. No maintenance hassle: check. No gardening > hassle: check. Nice living space with balcony and > a great view: check. > - No pets, strong-as-hell plants. Freedom: check. > Still less cleaning: check. > - A large washing machine and a ton of nice > clothes: Pile it up, then wash everything at once. > Never hand wash. Think iron-free. Major > time-saver: check. > - A small repertoire of quick, healthy recipes. > There’s even an app for that! Jamie Oliver’s > twenty minute meals for the win! (iphone). Energy > and health: check. > - Dating someone who loves to cook! Save time and > swoon: check. > - Ditch the TV. Annoying time waster out the > window: check. > - DINK! Frequent travel, eating out, decadent long > breakfasts, friends and other pastimes. We both > work hard, but know how to spoil ourselves as > well. Enjoy life: check.

Bernanke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ChickenTikka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I do have two female friends that are high > flying > > iBankers in their mid to late 30’s They both > were > > artificially inseminated. Now they have the > kid, > > the job, and don’t need a husband because they > > already make more money than 99% of men. When > > they get horny they prey on young men and have > one > > night stands. > > So is it possible to get hunted down by a cougar > and enter I-Banking? willing to relocate here…

My fiancé and I started a business together. He’s a CFA charter holder (among many other degrees) and I’m an MBA, (hopefully I pass L3) and L3 candidate.

We both made more than the other at various points in our relationship, but this didn’t really cause issues for us. We firmly believe in the joy of the “joint checking account.”

My view is that if you date someone intelligent who actually loves you, they won’t care so much about your career ambitions or lack thereof. At the end of the day, you’re a team. We both win together, and lose together.