Quick Poll, what are you writing with in AM

Pen or Pencil? I am going pencil… learned that lesson with SChweser this past saturday, I took it in pencil and thankfully I did since I had a number of things to change

I may be confident, but I’m not THAT confident. pencil. Now I’m debating over .5 or .7. I bought some .5’s yesterday, but just find that they break a little too quick (yes, I press hard) so maybe I’m going to drop some coin for .7’s.

combination of Pencil and black pen. If I am confident with the question, I will go with pen as I can write faster with it. IPS - Pencil for sure.

I think despite the heat issue I’m going to go with the erasable pen. I make way too many mistakes/corrections to go with a regular pen but I just can’t stand writing in pencil… writing is so much faster and clearer when I use a pen.

I went with Frixion pens (erasable gel pens). They write way better than the old ballpoint pens and the erase nicely. Although I got half way through the exam before I realized that when I erased something on one side of the page, it would erase on the back side as well. I had a brief moment of panic after I noticed this and had to go back through the test book to make sure I didn’t have blank spots on my pages. If I had to do it again, I’d go with pencil.

^ Whoa, didn’t realize that was possible. Thanks for the heads up.

i like pupdawgs idea of a combination… think i will go with that…

Pencil. My handwriting is much better with pencil for whatever reason, pens are just too slippery or something.

yeah great idea pupdawg… did not even think to do that… IPS certainly will be in pencil though…

lead pencil .5

I am almost 97% positive you CANNOT use pencil in the morning. At least that is what they said last year. Good luck. I will be thinking about all of you on June 5th.

I think I will use pencil on the templates where you have to circle your choices…easier and neater if you have to change your answer. everything else, pen should be fine.

CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am almost 97% positive you CANNOT use pencil in > the morning. At least that is what they said last > year. Good luck. I will be thinking about all of > you on June 5th. You are wrong. Many people from AF have used pencils in the past and passed the exam. JoeyD, who has corrected the real exam papers in past have said they don’t care what do you use if your answer is correct. Somebody on AF also called CFAI and customer care guy said we can use either. Do some research man…

pen, 100%.

pen, but pencil for ips

my pen’s ink will be filled with my blood and perspiration. I wonder what color would it be in:)

pencil - definately.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA Jay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am almost 97% positive you CANNOT use pencil > in > > the morning. At least that is what they said > last > > year. Good luck. I will be thinking about all > of > > you on June 5th. > > > You are wrong. Many people from AF have used > pencils in the past and passed the exam. > JoeyD, who has corrected the real exam papers in > past have said they don’t care what do you use if > your answer is correct. > > Somebody on AF also called CFAI and customer care > guy said we can use either. > > Do some research man… I did do reasearch last year and passed. I was merely trying to give advice. I didnt say 100% man…But I also think it would be dumb to not listen to what the CFAI has on their testing policies site. See below, per the CFAI website Essay Answers for Level III (morning session) It is your responsibility to complete the essay book correctly to ensure all information is accurately recorded during grading and your results are correctly reported back to you. When completing your essay book: Use blue or black ink Write your CANDIDATE NUMBER and SEAT NUMBER on the front cover of your exam book Sign the candidate pledge inside the front cover. Do no remove the candidate pledge card Essay answers must be written in English Your book contains two types of essay questions. The first type asks you to write your answer on the lined page(s) following the question. For these questions, label each part of your answer clearly (A, B, C or i, ii, iii, etc.). The second type of question asks you to provide your answer in a template following the question. Some questions may contain a combination of the two types of essay questions. Instructions in bold print will specify which parts you are to answer in the template If you use all the designated lined pages, extra lined pages are provided at the back of the book. To use these extra pages, place a check mark in the box at the bottom of the last page designated for that answer and label the extra pages with the appropriate question number Answers on question pages will not be graded. You may make marks and notes on the question pages

i wonder if crayons are acceptable? :slight_smile:

Gonna spreay paint the last question PM-Q60 in white, instead of bubbling it :wink: That’s what would be the final seal on the deal!