Random office lunch story

Last week I was in back-to-back meetings at the office and only had 10 minutes to run out and get some lunch in between. So I ran out and got a chicken and rice platter from one of those street vendors, lots of white sauce, lots of hot sauce. Came back to my office and found out I forgot to pick up a drink and napkins. I said scr%w it, I’ll just wolf down this food and then run over to the office kitchen (opposite end of the floor) and get a napkin to wipe my mouth afterwards. Long story short, I was almost done with my food when the two partners of the firm I was supposed to have my second meeting with showed up at my door. The idiot receptionist didn’t bother to ring my phone but just walked them over to my office, so now these two clowns are standing there and there is food all over my face and in my teeth. I was sporting a Nathan’s Hot Dog contest look, that’s how bad it was. One of the dudes was like “should we come back in 5 minutes” and the other dude didn’t even want to shake my hand because I was so filthy. Lessons learned: keep some napkins around the office, and lock your office door when you’re acting like a pig.

I guess you’ll know to be prepared with all your random office essentials from now on. I’ve learned from past embarrassments and keep a drawer with napkins, a mirror, wet wipes, static guard, deodorant, floss, a lint roller, sewing kit and an extra pair of stockings/tights.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > an extra pair of stockings/tights. Nice.

Or eat properly FFS - why do you keep with those signatures!

So how would you eat a large container of chicken and rice topped with a gallon of sauce “properly” in under 10 minutes?? I’m interested to hear.

you failed in that you shoul’ve offered to them

well i don’t dribble it everywhere - take smaller bites !!

^ Oh kaz, you may have opened a pandoras box there with your ability to keep liquid in your mouth

everytime I think you have gone as far as you can, that you can’t possibly sicken me any further, you pull one out of the bag Well done!

keep a toothbrush in your drawer as well…I used to laugh at a co-worker before for having it around the desk, but saved him some funny stories a few times. That being said, now is your chance to tell that 22-year old receptionist that she should have called beforehand, and that her charts suck, to the point of crying. You know the rest.

Except the receptionist was a 40-year old bald guy with bad teeth. P.S. How did you do on the Kaplan diagnostic?

Around what I expected…but could be a fluke. 700. Need to work on my verbal, those sentence correction problems got me…not as strong-suited as you are in that field. Math seemed too easy almost. Seriously, how are you going to ask what is the reciprocal of sqrt(3) in multiple choice format?

Is that what some of the math questions are like, mp2438? Guesstimation?

some guesstimation questions although easy ones. This question was pretty much what is the reciprocal of sqrt(3), and one of the choices (correct one) is sqrt(3) / 3. Some questions were so simple it really took me by surprise. i.e - An “anglet” is defined as 1% of 1 degree. How many anglets are there in a circle. Seriously?

IHIHM, i thot u took the gmat already? how’d u do?

i dont think its a big deal. your human and have to eat.

I didn’t take it yet, took the Kaplan diagnostic but been pretty busy so haven’t really had time to study. Was originally planning to take the real thing tomorrow but probably pushing back by a couple weeks at least.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Around what I expected…but could be a fluke. > 700. Need to work on my verbal, those sentence > correction problems got me…not as strong-suited > as you are in that field. Math seemed too easy > almost. > > Seriously, how are you going to ask what is the > reciprocal of sqrt(3) in multiple choice format? that’s easy 1/sqrt(3) = sqrt(3)/3 =1.732/3 =around .577

> > i.e - An “anglet” is defined as 1% of 1 degree. > How many anglets are there in a circle. Seriously? 360/0.01 =36000 whats difficult in that

easier than that…they don’t ask you to put in decimal form. sqrt(3)/3 is one of the choices. End of question.