Really Good article from the Economist

parac0da Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Carson Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > “the koran preaches inequality” > > > > > > You could say the same thing about the Bible. > > > People use it - rightly or wrongly - as a > > reason > > > to discriminate against gays and women for a > > > start. People can interpret documents as old > > and > > > nebulous as the Koran and Bible in many ways > to > > > suit their own ends. The old testament is > full > > of > > > archaic nonsense that contravenes many of the > > > accepted cultural norms of the 21st century > > > ‘west’. > > > > > > Saying that you cannot accept Islam as a > > ‘serious > > > religion’ is an extremly agressive statement. > > It > > > is a fundamentalist opinion that does nothing > > to > > > help promote peace and understanding between > > > different cultures. > > > > > > like i said, muslims consider the words in the > old > > testament to be the word of god in the same way > > that christians do. muslims also beleive that > the > > new testament is the word of god but that jesus > > was just a prophet and not the messiah. sorry > by > > muslims, i mean so it is said in the koran. > > > > jews’ bible = old testament (plenty of bad > stuff, > > but outdated) > > christian’s bible = new testament (nothing bad > to > > write home about) > > islam’s bible = koran (has 60 pages about the > > inequalities that should be forced upon women > > specifically) > > I think you read something other than quran , > Islam is all about equality (Islam is dealling > with women as the weakest creature and that this > weak creature should be given more care and > respect ) .Please stop reading Quran as if you are > reading a newspaper ,it is much more deeper and > hard to interepret . the fact that you’re admitting the koran states that women are weaker, thus inferior, is what i’m trying to make clear to AF members. thank you for reinforcing my point. the fact that you can’t pray, without ‘washing up’ following intercourse, shows just how low the koran places women. even washing up with DIRT following intercourse is accepted as “cleaning” oneself, according to the koran. essentially, the koran says that women are dirtier than dirt. quite a paradox if you ask me. don’t tell me that the koran is “deep” when you’re blatantly telling me that it says women are inferior and should be treated as so.

Read the article this weekend and it lays out some really good points. If people are opposed to building a Mosque in the back of a community center, because Islam killed their citizens. Then why not create this outrage and public opposition for building a McDonalds at Ground Zero. I am sure McDonalds has played more of a role in killing Americans than the hijackers.

In all major religions you are supposed to act like the prophet of avatar of the religion. Jesus, Buddha and Krishna never killed anybody. Muhammad did. Violence is already glorified. Islam is inherently violent and if, as a muslim you don’t see that you are blind. The main text of religions are meant to be interpreted literally, and although the quran is 70% peaceful in the fundamental form of the religion, it is nullified by the later verses glorifying killing in the name of God. Look, the Bible (old testament), has anthropomorphic projections onto God, but even then it is God that is smiting the heathens and not man. The fact that you might have a peaceful interpretation of the quran has nothing to do with the fact that the quran has so many verses that can be used by fundamentalists to brainwash kids. It’s still done in Christianity and other religious, but its harder since the religion is founded on what Jesus/Krishna/Buddha said. I am not Christian, but anyone badmouthing Christianity using the Old Testament and Revalations knows nothing about Christianity. You guys should watch this video if you have time. Walid Shoebat tells you how they brainwash kids using verses from the quran. He probably knows more about the rhetoric espoused by mainstream Islamits than anyone on the forum. I especially recommend watching the q&a session at the end if you don’t have time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653akoOAlaE Muslims and Muslim apologist don’t realize that this mosque is a sign of victory for fundamentalist islamists. The WTC symbolizes the Mecca of American Capitalism and the American Dream. It was this country’s temple, and muslims, albeit crazy ones blew it down. This will be used as a victory in brain washing sessions in egypt, jordan, etc. “Look we blew it up and already have built a mosque there”. Also i suggest that, if you guys are curious, whatch the movie “Islam: what the west needs to know”. You can stream it on netflix.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As I and many others have said before, freedom > comes with responsibility. In this case, it comes > with the responsibility to exhibit a little common > sense and compassion. NYC is a big place, is it > really that hard to just find a less controversial > location? It’s not like they’re using an existing > building that is perfectly suited for their > purpose. They have to knock the existing building > down. > > From a practical standpoint, show me the union > worker (all construction in NYC has to be done by > union workers) who will agree to work on this > project. I guarantee “unforseen delays” will > quadruple the timing and cost of this project if > they proceed. Higgmond - a totally reasonable response (that I agree with), yet the far left liberals on this thread instantly resort to calling you racist because you don’t side with their view(s). Amazingly poor taste on their part (and sad as well). I can see both sides of the argument, but I don’t think it’s a “black and white” (no pun intended) decision - I live in a residential neighborhood - even if someone wanted to, they couldn’t build a church there. You can’t build a titty bar in Times Square. You can’t build a sewage treatment plant next to a school. Hell, I can’t add ten feet to my deck without getting a zoning permit. That being said, I don’t think it’s a “strike against civil liberty” or “a blow to the constitution” if the mosque has to be built a few blocks further away. It seems to me as though this line in the article is the dividing point, and I couldn’t disagree more with the author - as Christians are still TAINTED by the Crusades and the Inquisition, and whites are still TAINTED by slavery. "Every single argument put forward for blocking this project leans in some way on the misconceived notion that all Muslims, and Islam itself, share the responsibility for, or are tainted by, the atrocities of 9/11. " I firmly believe that the religion of Islam is and has been tainted by the views of extremists who proclaim THAT RELIGION TO BE THE SOLE SOURCE OF THEIR LOONYNESS AND KILL IN THE NAME OF THAT GOD. Sorry for the caps, but I just wanted to let that sink in because some on this thread clearly don’t understand that point. Full disclosure, I was raised Catholic but have not been to church for ~20 years (aside from weddings and funerals). I’m all for everyone getting along, but I don’t see how building a mosque where you know you’re going to engender outrage from people is sowing the seeds for change. Just my $.02; to save time for those who disagree with me, I guess I’ll just tell you now that I’m a Grand Wizard of my local KKK chapter.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The 9/11 terrorist had as much to do with Islam as > the Westboro Baptist Church has to do with > Christianity. > > The 9/11 terrorist were extremist. They were > crazy. There are an equal proportion of insane > people in every religion. Insanity is a human > condition, not a religious condition. Once people > figure this out, we will all realize that just > beacuse some crazy person says they are doing > something in the name of a religion doesn’t mean > that everyone that practices that religion shares > their beliefs. This.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > murders&executions Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The 9/11 terrorist had as much to do with Islam > as > > the Westboro Baptist Church has to do with > > Christianity. > > > > The 9/11 terrorist were extremist. They were > > crazy. There are an equal proportion of insane > > people in every religion. Insanity is a human > > condition, not a religious condition. Once > people > > figure this out, we will all realize that just > > beacuse some crazy person says they are doing > > something in the name of a religion doesn’t > mean > > that everyone that practices that religion > shares > > their beliefs. > > > This. A couple of things - had to Wiki Westboro Church because I didn’t know who they were. I wonder what the people who are “for” the mosque being built on Ground Zero feel about the fact that England refused entry to the two leaders of the Westboro Church? Kinda tangential, but was reading that and wondering how you guys/gals felt about it. Also, let’s just put up a little “murders and executions” scoreboard… Radical Gay-Hating Christians - 0 documented murders Radical AMERICAN-Hating Muslims - a fucking lot

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > A couple of things - had to Wiki Westboro Church > because I didn’t know who they were. > > I wonder what the people who are “for” the mosque > being built on Ground Zero feel about the fact > that England refused entry to the two leaders of > the Westboro Church? > > Kinda tangential, but was reading that and > wondering how you guys/gals felt about it. > > Also, let’s just put up a little “murders and > executions” scoreboard… > > Radical Gay-Hating Christians - 0 documented > murders > Radical AMERICAN-Hating Muslims - a fucking lot Skillionaire - From your AF posts, I know that you are a smart guy and your sophistry is neatly done here Valid comparison Radical Gay-Hating Christians - documented murders v Radical Gay-Hating Muslims - documented murders Radical AMERICAN-Hating Muslims - ?? v Radical MUSLIM-Hating Americans - ??

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^ please post something from the new testament > which is what the western world is built on… > we’re not jewish thanks… > > in the way that we use the old testament as the > past word of god, so do the muslims. Here you are “I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence. (Luke 19:26-27) “Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law” (Matthew 10:34-35)

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > the fact that you’re admitting the koran states > that women are weaker, thus inferior, is what i’m > trying to make clear to AF members. thank you for > reinforcing my point. the fact that you can’t > pray, without ‘washing up’ following intercourse, > shows just how low the koran places women. even > washing up with DIRT following intercourse is > accepted as “cleaning” oneself, according to the > koran. essentially, the koran says that women are > dirtier than dirt. quite a paradox if you ask me. > don’t tell me that the koran is “deep” when you’re > blatantly telling me that it says women are > inferior and should be treated as so. Sorry, you don’t know so much about Islam contrary to your claims Muslims wash up before the regular prayer If they cannot find water, they use SAND, not dirt This use of SAND is nearly symbolic - they just rub their hands and face only with the sand Washing after intercourse is done by both the woman and the woman - so how does that make the woman inferior If a man sleeps and has a wet dream, he must also wash up If after intercourse, a muslim cannot find water, HE or SHE will also use sand and rub just her hand and face with it

s302632 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In all major religions you are supposed to act > like the prophet of avatar of the religion. Jesus, > Buddha and Krishna never killed anybody. Muhammad > did. Violence is already glorified. Islam is > inherently violent and if, as a muslim you don’t > see that you are blind. The main text of religions > are meant to be interpreted literally, and > although the quran is 70% peaceful in the > fundamental form of the religion, it is nullified > by the later verses glorifying killing in the name > of God. Look, the Bible (old testament), has > anthropomorphic projections onto God, but even > then it is God that is smiting the heathens and > not man. The fact that you might have a peaceful > interpretation of the quran has nothing to do with > the fact that the quran has so many verses that > can be used by fundamentalists to brainwash kids. > It’s still done in Christianity and other > religious, but its harder since the religion is > founded on what Jesus/Krishna/Buddha said. > > I am not Christian, but anyone badmouthing > Christianity using the Old Testament and > Revalations knows nothing about Christianity. > > You guys should watch this video if you have time. > Walid Shoebat tells you how they brainwash kids > using verses from the quran. He probably knows > more about the rhetoric espoused by mainstream > Islamits than anyone on the forum. I especially > recommend watching the q&a session at the end if > you don’t have time. > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653akoOAlaE > > Muslims and Muslim apologist don’t realize that > this mosque is a sign of victory for > fundamentalist islamists. The WTC symbolizes the > Mecca of American Capitalism and the American > Dream. It was this country’s temple, and muslims, > albeit crazy ones blew it down. This will be used > as a victory in brain washing sessions in egypt, > jordan, etc. “Look we blew it up and already have > built a mosque there”. > > Also i suggest that, if you guys are curious, > whatch the movie “Islam: what the west needs to > know”. You can stream it on netflix. If you are not a christian, how come you have this excelent PR for christianity Read about Saint Barthlomews day massacre, Gunpowder plot, the battle of Lepanto Google them Then tell me about “badmouthing” christianity About violence, how come America elected Eisenhower president? Was it because America is decidely violent? If America is attacked, America will fight back, anything wrong in that? Mohammed (PBUH) was chased out of Makkah and he went to live in Madinah When he started growing in influence, his tormentors went from Makkah to Madinah to fight him His first ever battle was fought on the outskirts of Madinah, Note that Makkah is far from Madinah Jesus Christ died at 33 - please tell me the chronology of his life from childhood to that time It is not enough for you to post links that are critical of Islam Balance your posts (critical of all religions), that is what the rigour (one of CFA’s hallmarks) is all about Contrary to your claim, this is not God smiting the heatens here “Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves” (Numbers 31:17-18)

You know what, the more and more I read about the religion, the more I do find that Islam promotes inequality. Heck, even their prophet also have these some sort of gender bias! Take a look at this: (hadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.2) A man came to Allah’s Apostle and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man said. “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man further said, “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your mother.” The man asked for the fourth time, “Who is next?” The Prophet said, “Your father.” Well I’ll be damned. WTF is this? I’m a man and the provider of the family and I aint gonna let my son love their mother than me. /end sarcasm - sorry I just had to do it, never thought that AF has a resident ignoramus

GoodXter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > s302632 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Mohammed (PBUH) Does Mohammed trade on the NYSE or NASDAQ? GoodXter, had a response typed to you but then remembered that I don’t have intellectual debates on the Internet…broke my rule yesterday and almost today, but I’m over it.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does Mohammed trade on the NYSE or NASDAQ? > > GoodXter, had a response typed to you but then > remembered that I don’t have intellectual debates > on the Internet…broke my rule yesterday and > almost today, but I’m over it. I am responding because I have followed your posts and I respect your brain power I indulge in debates if I am passionate about a matter AND also I am debating with people who are fair - can concede points when facts are presented - and are not abusive. Look at what MattlikesAnalyses said (and that is an intelligent guy). He is judging position of Islam by what happens after intercourse. It is baffling Let me say some things. I come from a background where we respect our parents immensely. There are both muslims and christians in my community. We have co-existed for long. Any of us, christian or a muslim, will take serious offence if you abuse his parent It is easy for us to get angry when you abuse our religious figures I have never held a gun in my life. Neither have I intentionally hurt anyone with a dangerous weapon (ignoring playing/fighting as a child) It is annoying when somebody who may really be quarrelsome or even prepared to shoot unarmed people joining in calling me a terrorist

GoodXter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is annoying when somebody who may really be > quarrelsome or even prepared to shoot unarmed > people joining in calling me a terrorist who thinks you’re a terrorist? if you feel that you are being unfiarly lumped into a group, my advice would be to differentiate yourself somehow.

GoodXter, way to pull out a numbers quote. i was wrong about the bilble not glorifying war. Thre are definitely christiain fundamentalists just as there are christian fundamentalists and i did not mean to point a bad picture of only islam. I posted the video, which it seems, you did not watch, because this discussion is about islam. You are conducting a logical fallacy by pointing out the bad things of other religions to make yourself feel better about islams violent tendencies. Your portrayal of Muhammad in comparison to Jesus ignores the fact that Muhammad after protecting himself and his tribe went on the offensive and spread islam by the sword. After his victory in Mecca the tribes around the area either were expelled, or had to submit to islam either voluntarily or by the sword. Also, America is not Jesus or Muhammad. To compare a country with founders of religion is kind of pushing it. Your quotes from the New Testament are taken grossly out of context. If Jesus did not want to bring physical peace to the earth why didn’t he just fight back against the people that wanted to kill him. The sword he talked about is the sword of truth, and jihad, which is supposedly internal struggle according to my muslim friends, that is what it actually is. Realize that spiritual reality or dedication to realizing spiritual truth usually turns your life to crap. When you dedicate your life to seeing only love, you find everything in you that is not love and it is really really troubling. Jesus asked his followers to bring people to him so that he could destroy their perceptions of reality which were based on egotism and in general falsehood. Jesus never forced anyone to convert… Muhammad talked about peace for most of the Quran, and after military victory he misinterpreted spreading the destroying falsehood with the sword of truth, and instead thought that he should kill people to spread the only truth, Islam. Now, back to the mosque issue since this is discussion is going into a tangent. You did not address my last paragraph. The building of this mosque is a signal of victory to islamic fundamentalists. The intention of building the mosque is supposedly to build better relations between muslims and the west. (which i don’t buy, ONLY becuase i don’t trust the imam who is going to run it). Judging by this discussion and the one’s you find on television, do you really think going through with this plan is going to actualize that intention?

GoodXter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Does Mohammed trade on the NYSE or NASDAQ? > > > > GoodXter, had a response typed to you but then > > remembered that I don’t have intellectual > debates > > on the Internet…broke my rule yesterday > and > > almost today, but I’m over it. > > I am responding because I have followed your posts > and I respect your brain power > > I indulge in debates if I am passionate about a > matter AND also I am debating with people who are > fair - can concede points when facts are presented > - and are not abusive. Look at what > MattlikesAnalyses said (and that is an intelligent > guy). He is judging position of Islam by what > happens after intercourse. It is baffling > > Let me say some things. I come from a background > where we respect our parents immensely. There are > both muslims and christians in my community. We > have co-existed for long. > > Any of us, christian or a muslim, will take > serious offence if you abuse his parent > It is easy for us to get angry when you abuse our > religious figures > > I have never held a gun in my life. Neither have I > intentionally hurt anyone with a dangerous weapon > (ignoring playing/fighting as a child) > It is annoying when somebody who may really be > quarrelsome or even prepared to shoot unarmed > people joining in calling me a terrorist sorry. been away for a couple days. my main point wasn’t about using dirt/sand, though it is the same thing, its just that in the ME, there’s a heck of a lot more sand than there is dirt where water cannot be found. i cannot find scripture mentioning that a woman should clean up before prayer following intercourse. it is always phrased as “a man should wash after having intercourse with a woman” but that might be a translation issue. either way, the bottom line is that the koran preaches inequality, there is no way that you can argue against that. next. i don’t call you a terrorist, nor do i jump to the conclusion that any muslim is a terrorist. i’ve lived with muslims for 4 years and not once did i worry that they were terrorists. but any male muslim who treats women with respect and who puts them on equal grounds is NOT A MUSLIM - they are contradicting their bible, simple as that. if i were a christian but i murder people in my spare time, i’m not a christian. heck, if i’m a christian and have pre-marital sex, i’m not a christian. moderate muslims have to come to the realization that they are not muslims and disassociate themselves from islam. to maintain some form of credibility, they must create a new, edited koran with texts which comply with their lifestyle. don’t tell me that you are a believer of the original koran, which is a book of hate and inequality, unless you practice hate and inequality. this is the time for moderate muslims to do to for islam what protestants did for the christianity 500 years ago, though the change would be much more extreme for islam for sure. the term “moderate muslim” is in itself a paradox and i don’t understand how “moderate muslims” can live with an association to such a sick and twisted book. to end my story, i’ve never met a muslim who actually follows his ‘bible’, thus i’ve never met a muslim. its basic logic right? we’re all financial scientists here. if you’re a cfa candidate or charterholder, you have to be able to see the logic behind this argument.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sorry. been away for a couple days. > > my main point wasn’t about using dirt/sand, though > it is the same thing, its just that in the ME, > there’s a heck of a lot more sand than there is > dirt where water cannot be found. i cannot find > scripture mentioning that a woman should clean up > before prayer following intercourse. it is always > phrased as “a man should wash after having > intercourse with a woman” but that might be a > translation issue. either way, the bottom line is > that the koran preaches inequality, there is no > way that you can argue against that. > > next. i don’t call you a terrorist, nor do i jump > to the conclusion that any muslim is a terrorist. > i’ve lived with muslims for 4 years and not once > did i worry that they were terrorists. but any > male muslim who treats women with respect and who > puts them on equal grounds is NOT A MUSLIM - they > are contradicting their bible, simple as that. if > i were a christian but i murder people in my spare > time, i’m not a christian. heck, if i’m a > christian and have pre-marital sex, i’m not a > christian. > > moderate muslims have to come to the realization > that they are not muslims and disassociate > themselves from islam. to maintain some form of > credibility, they must create a new, edited koran > with texts which comply with their lifestyle. > don’t tell me that you are a believer of the > original koran, which is a book of hate and > inequality, unless you practice hate and > inequality. this is the time for moderate muslims > to do to for islam what protestants did for the > christianity 500 years ago, though the change > would be much more extreme for islam for sure. > > the term “moderate muslim” is in itself a paradox > and i don’t understand how “moderate muslims” can > live with an association to such a sick and > twisted book. to end my story, i’ve never met a > muslim who actually follows his ‘bible’, thus i’ve > never met a muslim. its basic logic right? we’re > all financial scientists here. if you’re a cfa > candidate or charterholder, you have to be able to > see the logic behind this argument. Apologies too for not having been around Your claim about Middle East having more sand than dirt is not correct This is an extract from Bukhari "“O So and so, what kept you from praying with the people?” He said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I became junub and there is no water.” He said, “You should use clean earth, for it will suffice you.” " Junub means unclean due to intercourse or emission of semen I don’t live in the ME, but I know the rules of purification applies to me, muslims in the US etc Can you post where you picked your idea about purification being for men only? I know what I am talking about A woman MUST purify herself if her naked private part (vg) comes in contact with a man’s naked private part (pns) She will also need to wash up if she comes in her dream without doing that, her prayers (salat) are invalid. This is the case for men too You continue to insist that the Qur’an preaches inequality You even ignored the post by Ozzie above where respect for women is emphasised In most societies, man is placed above women - socities only differ on degree of subservience Typically, the woman changes her name to the man’s Islam does not require a woman to change her name I am not sure you would change your name to a woman’s after marriage to demonstrate this your love for female equality Would you also move into your wife’s house? Since you keep eulogising christianity What does 1 Corinthians 14 : 33 say about the right of women to speak in the church? zero Can they then become priests if they cannot speak? certainly not “Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing” Ephesians 5 : 21 - 26 It is curious that as a christian you take liberties in determining who is a muslim or not Even muslims do not take that liberty There is a difference between a sinner and an apostate If a muslim insists that fornication is permitted or say that it is not necessary to pray Then he becomes an apostate But if he fornicates, knowing that it is a sin, and ywould like to stop it you are just a sinner But while the Qur’an requires us to deal justly with a woman, you are saying that doing that makes me leave the fold of Islam - WOW! this is baffling and troubling If I treat a woman with respect, my stock rises in the eyes of Allah, not the contrary The hate in the bible is frightening When somebody quoted it, you said that is old testament When I quoted messages of hate from the new testament, you kept quiet Let me mention that the BIBLE CALL UNBELIEVERS INFIDEL the Bible forbids christians (light) from associating with non-christians (darkness) - corinthians Alhamdu li Llah, I am a muslim I don’t call myself a moderate, those are tags used by christians to divide and describe us For instance, I say that my holy book is Qur’an, you insist on calling it my bible You insist on calling me a moderate - what does that mean? Now am I in the same boat with suicide bombers? NO Suicide bombers are misguided and are disobeying the injunction that we should not kill ourselves What they are doing may actually take them out of Islam So I am not the one running the risk of leaving Islam (may Allah protect me from that) Extremism exists in a lot of groups, muslims, chrsitians etc During the time of the prophet (PBUH), he cautioned some people who out of zealotry wanted to fast everyday, pray throughout the night He warned them that they may leave the fold of Islam if they persist So people who are doing extreme things now have predecessors It is my duty to join other muslims to continue to point out the danger of their misguidance I don’t have a bible - I have a Qur’an, your calling my Qur’an a bible is evidence of bias I never call your holy book by other than the name you call it The “logic” is upside down - a christian telling me how to practise my religion based on his superficial and utterly biased view This is as logical as Mao of China educating Reagan on how to practise capitalism Mao either has a wrong opinion of his qualifications or he has a sinister motive I have posted to clarify issues - you can provide evidence and we can take it up But having to deal with people who ignore evidence is very tiring -I have said if this is the case, when this is the case, I don’t really like discussing on the net

Are we a nation that follows the rule of law and our constitution or are we a nation that lets Sarah Palin and New Gingrich pick and choose which parts of the constitution we are going to follow and a nation of chickenshit politicians who won’t stand up for what’s right if it polls wrong? This should be backed even if 99% of the people are against it.

As some one who lost a relative on 9/11, I find it pretty strange that Republicans find a strip club (New York Dolls Gentlemen’s Club and the Pussycat Lounge) more appropriate for the ground zero neighbourhood but strongly object to a house of worship? Even W. respected other faiths.

I wonder why terrorist attacks are so strongly associated with Islam, if Islam means “peace”? ETA and IRA are not Muslim. I wouldn’t even care where they build the mosque, or any cultural Muslim centre, as I don’t see any relation there with 9/11. Regardless of their opinion about women.