Recession baby

lol i know. japans been ■■■■ since 1987. has their earnings gone nowhere? or were they selling at some retarded multiple?

At its height the RE in Tokyo had a higher MV than all of the RE in the US combined. Early 90s time frame i believe.

just fyi. they had retarded pe multiples. literally from 1971 to 1994 they went from 15x to 100x.
then from 1994 to 2002, they went to 600x. Pe multiple right now is at 20x.
https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/japan/pe-ratio
https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/japan/equity-market-index
earnings grew. it just didnt grow as fast as expectations.

1 Like

Just DCA in the index funds, set the target to lock in profits and sell off. And then repeat the loop. It doesn’t sound sexy but it works.

You guys for real right now? Look, making billions of dollars in stocks is this easy.

If they’re trending up, follow them up. If they’re trending down, follow them down. It’s that simple.

I’m not betting the house on a bear market. But I’m positioned - and I would hope to God the rest of you are too - to make great money should it happen. If they turn higher, I’ll admit I was wrong, and then follow them back up for another 12 year bull market and not give it more than 2 seconds worth of regret.

You should start a hedge fund. I’d even give you some of my hard earned benjamins. But until then, I’m playing the probability game and just buying and holding.

Yea, please take @Codtrawler87’s suggestion to consider. I will then follow. The faith is on you @CEO10K-DAY!!

lol. i am doing the exact opposite right now by refinancing so i have cash on hand to buy more stocks as they drop. if real estate crashes then i will sell my stocks for a down payment, and borrow some more. but real tlak. so spy peak at 3400. when would you say you would buy?

Minimum investment - $350K.

Please contact my IR department.

I just hate guessing nerdy. If they start falling, then start shorting. If they turn around, then do the same with your assets.

Eventually, you’ll be right and you’ll get to ride a big wave. But I get it, my strategy takes a lot of heuvos to follow. You’re constantly losing small amounts of money, but it’s all worth it when you get the big cheese.

Today my client visited me at the office while I was looking at the shades of red on the stock mkt screen. Suddenly, the song started playing inside my head

“Then I saw red
When I opened up the door
I saw red
My heart just spilled onto the floor
And I didn’t need to see his face
I saw yours
I saw red when I closed the door”

Unless you go long Rome, at the end of the empire.

1 Like

hahah I love this. So true.

Alright, was wrong earlier, left positions the same. Getting some puts for protection, this is getting really bad (not Trump’s fault).

Going to wait till after lunch, don’t want to make any rash decisions.

buying puts when we are officialy in a bear market is prolly pretty asinine. you are doing it after the fact we’ve had a 25% decline from the peak. and when other people are panicking and bidding up the premiums.

The worst is yet to come dude. We aren’t even to earnings season yet.

This is an economic shock that isn’t even derived from financial conditions. There’s very little that either monetary policy & fiscal policy can do to stimulate spending. This virus is fucking lethal and aggressive, no ones going to go out.

Even the NBA get’s how bad it is.

erm… I thought I was quoting nerdy with this. I’m supporting you buying the puts HP

Yeah, I looked up pricing, theyre expensive as hell…I dunno. Still got cash and unleveraged. Mulling over dollar cost averaging in the indexes, not based on time but on further drops and flipping to 2x levered one when I run out of money. The original plan.

How do you quote people on here? Was meant for both of y’all

corona is not very lethal with a mortality rate of 3%, sars was actually more lethal at 10%, and mers at 30%. corona has killed more people though because it is more widespread.
these viruses come and go usually in about 6 months depending on the spread. this was discovered in december 2019. so we are maybe halfway in. in china, new cases has essentially stopped become minimal. they locked that ■■■■ down. other countries should follow what they did.
and earnings seasons is pretty much after the fact already. many have already guided down their expectations by 10%. could things get worse? sure, but at a 25% discount, its time you start making moves.

1 Like

What you could do is wait for a medium term rally before buying puts. A scenario where we retrace 50% of the legs down is not unlikely before resuming violently to the lows.

Nerdy, I don’t understand how you can sit there and be a perma bull.