Recession baby

HP - I’m like the dumbest investor here. But even I know holding financial stocks is a very poor late cycle move.

I happened to get extremely lucky with the surgery on Jamie Dimon. I hope he’s okay, but I don’t think that it will have a long term financial impact on the stock anyways.

Aren’t you trading currencies? Isn’t that even worse of a move than holding financials in late cycle.

IMO, it’s priced in, consideration for late cycle, but could be wrong.

It’s circumstantial.

Just take more than you give - then brag about it on analyst forum. That’s a pretty good circumstance if you ask me.

I sold off one of my positions that has an acquisition pending. Shored up cash with it and will wait a while, I’ve bought and lost more than enough ha

I paid $2.25 for the April 17th $100.00 put

Go look at the price of that contract at the open.

What size seafood tower should I get!

Looked at premarket…

Thanks Obama!

Buying more of something today… need to decide what

More axp after the market turned on again

Any idea why JNJ isn’t going up? I would expect record numbers considering they have a number of antibacterial products, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals they sell.

JNJ may not be trading higher today, but Clorox is up.

The PLANET EARTH is partially shut down, for months, with global debt at $250 trillion.

Really, how would it not be 1) recession, 2) bankruptcies?

Exactly. Sell the dip.

the best time to buy is when markets are going down. the second best is as soon as possible. cash drag prolly does more damage.

Unless of course, markets continue falling. Then of course, it’s not the best time.

in the long term, markets go up. pointless to try and time the market. The way i look at it, at todays price, you made the right choice not to buy from September 2017 to now. Anytime before September 2017, and you made the right choice.
Even had you bought during the top of 2007 and felt a 50% crash in price, you still made the right choice at today’s prices. even if you bought during the top of 1928 and felt an 80% crash in your portfolio, you still made the right choice.
anyways the key is to never buy all at once. you ease into it. much like penetration. you never buy all at once, you never sell at once. markets are based on probabilities, and as prices drop, your probability to win rises. so buy as ■■■■ drops.

Yeah, sure. But I’m investing to get rich, not retirement.

Past performance is not a reliable predictor of future performance. See f.ex Japan’s situation. I’m not arguing that the global economy is going down Japan’s path but it’s nevertheless dangerous to assume that what has happened before will continue to occur. After all, the stock market as we know it has existed for only 120-150 years which is a pretty short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

But because of the lack of better alternative, I agree with your investing strategy. It might not work out in the long run but it’s definitely better than trying to time the bears and bulls.