Recommend me a new hobby

Without getting too detailed, which I never do on the dating threads on here, just not my nature…I am trying to improve the quality of dates and as well as my quality of life. I figure if I get a new hobby, maybe I can meet people with similar interest or at least have something to do outside of work besides looking for stocks and making money.

mate, part of the deal with surfing is that you’re supposed to hate it. I do wish I could wipe out without inhaling half the ocean though.

I’m so white I can slap on factor 50 and still get burnt to fuck

what’s the deal with cycling bros, I don’t get the appeal of it.

any if you’re going to get a booze based hobby it’s got to be whisky rather than whiskey

Yes, if money collecting is one of them.

Monkey?

nobody is trying to date these days. most girls and guys are trying to have fun before they settle down.

like ohai said no one cares about your hobbies its all for show and tells the girl if you are BSD worth sleeping with

or some BO fool.

if you really are into “dating” match.com is prob way to go

Got ya, makes sense.

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138(17)30315-X/fulltext

“Annual salary is a direct way to evaluate economic status. Here, we combined images of male and female body shape with information on annual salary to elucidate the influence of economic status on the attractiveness ratings by opposite sex raters in American, Chinese and European populations. We found that ratings of attractiveness were around 4 times more sensitive to salary for females rating males, compared to males rating females. These results indicate that higher economic status can offset lower physical attractiveness in men much more easily than in women. Neither raters’ BMI nor age influenced this effect for females rating male attractiveness. This difference explains many features of human mating behavior and may pose a barrier for male engagement in low-consumption lifestyles.”

Chicks will be hot for you even if you’re ugly, as long as you’re rich. Bunch of eggheads spent hours proving what is commonly known in BroScience.

I wonder if that influenced my girl Melania… hmmm…

side note, if you pitch the motor racing angle right, you can seem like the baddest BSD out there. I’d share more but I’ve talked about it in job interviews and don’t want to put too much info out there. On some dates, I’ll get into the brands, best types of car… if she’s really into it, break out pictures of my car’s delivery, talk about how few of them there are… they love it. And to be honest, I do too, I’ve worked damn hard, am really passionate about it, and it’s all true. I did tell a girl I wanted to get my pilot license and work hard to get into Redbull air racing LOL which is like not untrue but like, probably won’t happen ha They love it regardless though, it’s all about the experience and how people feel, just like sales.

But back to what I was thinking, I would like a hobby to do, this wasn’t really about dating to being with, just a question that came up on dates and something I felt I need to think about more, more for myself than anything else since I don’t seem to have any interest except making money (too cold, so staying in, drinking and looking at stocks, if it don’t make dollars, it don’t make sense, amiright6). Neat suggestions so far, maybe boxing… i’ve put on some pounds and need to work it off

Exercise or yoga is the easiest one

I’d recommend something physical that you enjoy that you could see yourself hanging on to for a long time, and get beter at over the long term. I dont know what interests you but for me that could include martial arts, gymnsatics or rock climbing. Plus exercise makes you happy.

+1

Started doing yoga a few months ago, big fan.

Pick up Poker. Start with Sklansky and Malmuth

yes ltj on the path! you start sitting yet?

I’ve dabbled in and out of mindfulness meditation for years. I’ve had trouble stringing it together consistently, the wandering mind is a beast. But I find it’s much easier to do as part of the yoga practice, for whatever reason.

My current daily morning prayer and meditation looks a little different than the standard return to the breath when the mind wanders. Conscious contact with God and all that jazz.

:+1:

Just remember what Fight Club taught us. Sometimes you have to pour acid on your hand to prevent the mind from wandering and embrace the moment.

Thanks for the additional suggestions! Interesting to see what those in the same profession do.

Ray Dalio talks about meditation… maybe I’ll give it a shot. Like the idea of a physical activity I can do for a long time as welL

Meditation is hard work. If you really wanna get into it, I’d recommend going to a 10 day retreat at this place, which is what they consider necessary to really get it down (you have to sign up a bit in advance since they’re in high demand):

http://www.dhara.dhamma.org

^sounds like a scam. much like spirituality vs religion, meditation (after some basic concepts are understood) can be a self directed and deeply personal process and …FREE.