Regional Fast Food Chains that should Go National

a) Bojangles (Southeast)

b) Chick-Fil-A (Southeast)

c) In 'n Out (West Coast)

I think there actually is a CFA (Chick Fil A) at the NYU cafeteria, but is the only one in thousands of miles.

Any others?

There’s a Chick-Fil-A near my house in Mass and I pass like 5 on my way home to my parents in PA.

Do you ever go there? Maybe the franchise is open nationally, but just scattered up north. I have been throughout a bit of PA and haven’t seen one. I guess they are expanding. They had that left/right wing conflict a few years back and also aren’t open on Sundays.

I tried In’nout a few times, honestly I don’t see the hype.

I live 40 minutes northeast of Philly and there are at least 3 Chick-Fil-A’s within a 10 mile radius of me. One of them has been there for at least 8-10 years.

We have this local artisan coffee house chain called Dunkin Donuts that I think has a real shot of spreading beyond Boston.

Raising Cane’s (South)

lol I have heard that the highest concentration of Dunkin Donuts is in some NE state like CT … I don’t understand how they do so well. Their coffee seems subpar to me and donuts are close to zero nutritional value. I guess they make tasty items that draw people towards their business. Now that I think about it, they might have some breakfast items that are somewhat nutritional, but barely.

yeah I guess there are a few chicken chains in the south. Zaxby’s comes to mind too - they have been doing some serious advertising lately, especially that one ad with Carlton from Fresh Prince - that guy is hilarious

I haven’t been to raising cane’s but see them - is it really good?

the canadian version of DD is Tim Hortons … I had never heard of the place before going to Canada but for some reason Canadians loooooooooooove that place

YES! There is a random Canes up in Boston that I try to make sure to visit anytime I’m in the New England area.

There are several Chick-Fil-A restaurants in Orange County, CA.

Sounds as though it’s already national.

Couldn’t agree more about In-‘N’-Out.

I lived down South for almost 10 years at various points. A lot of folks from there are almost religious in their love of Chick-Fil-A. One opened about a year back in Rhode Island (half-hour from my house). For the first couple of weeks, they had drive-through lines of close to 100 yards long, and packed inside too. Even a year later, they still are extremely polular. They probably have the best chicken sandwiches of any fast-food chain.

ledos pizza

Apparently, evangelicals make killer fast food. Chick-fil-A and In-n-Out both.

I wish a good Mexican restaurant chain goes nationwide. Has to be fast, cheap and at least somewhat authentic. So Taco Bell and Chipotle don’t qualify. Maybe Rubio’s Baja Grill?

I heard that when the first Trader Joe’s opened in Charlotte, NC, people camped out in front of it much as they do for the Black Friday sales.

People on the East Coast are weird.

In N Out was a big deal when it was just them. However, now there is Five Guys, Habit, Shake Shack, and any number of smaller chains that offer similar burgers. In N Out failed to monopolize this niche before their competitors expanded. I suppose their owner must be content with being only a single billionaire.

I first learned about Bojangles when my company distributed some pitch books from the IPO this year. Their menu is a fucking heart attack. People, I think, are going to die when this goes national. Lord Ganesha help us…

we need more Popeyes. Love their chicken (esp. the spicy chicken). but I think I can literally feel my arteries clogging up after every meal.

There are chick-fil-as in the mid-atlantic (MD, DC, VA) and the northeast…looks like CA. They’re already national dude…please remove from your list.

Taco Bueno is a good QSR mexican regional chain out of Oklahoma. Owned by PE. In between a Taco Bell and a Chipotle in terms of quality and unit volume/sales.