Regional Fast Food Chains that should Go National

Yes Raising Cane’s is very good. They kill it in their home markets. They want to stay private though so no IPO in the near future. Very simple menu (chicken fingers). They execute well. Mainly a corporate owned system (they dont want to franchise that much).

Good Times Burgers is a very good QSR burger regional chain out of Colorado and Wyoming. They are public (small cap obviously). Comp restaurant sales have been very good.

There is a canadian fast food chain called Freshii that has opened a few units in the US. This is an excellent concept (fresh ingredients, healthy) that appeals to the millenials. They will be big here in the US I predict.

I’d like to see Portillos team up with Lou Malnatis put Old Chicago out of business

Its good to know … I just hadn’t heard they had established a national presence

Winstead’s in Kansas City.

Missora?

Dicks.

There’s a chick fil a in WA too. I haven’t been yet though it’s super out of tthe way. I heard the usual stories re: lines, camp out, etc.

cfa has the best sauce. Honey Roasted BBQ…its hidden behind the counter so you have to ask for it

I think Zaxby’s is just as good as Raisin Canes at (what seems) more afforable price point and a little more diversity.

YUMMY!

Why do you know of this place? Have you been following me?

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20150810/RETAIL_APPAREL/150809888/meet-the-owner-of-nycs-first-freestanding-chick-fil-a

The newest celebrity to arrive in New York isn’t a movie star or a cover model. But he does have a large and loyal following—at least, his sandwiches do. Oscar Fittipaldi is the owner and operator of the first freestanding Chick-fil-A restaurant in the city.

On Oct. 3, he’ll open his doors at 1000 Sixth Ave. for the hungry masses eager for their fix of Atlanta’s famous fried-chicken brand. Mr. Fittipaldi anticipates strong demand. He plans to hire 180 employees and offer extended hours (though not past midnight on Saturdays because the store will be closed Sundays, per company policy.) The 51-year-old expects to work 100-hour weeks.

“We’re coming to a great place that has completely different dynamics than we’ve seen anywhere else in the country,” he said. “We’re going to have to become students of the market to get results.”

Mr. Fittipaldi was chosen from hundreds of applicants to be the brand’s Manhattan franchisee. (Chick-fil-A hears from roughly 20,000 franchisee applicants each year and selects between 75 and 80.) He says he has the discipline to make it work. Raised outside Buenos Aires, he joined the Argentine Navy at 16 and traveled the world for nearly a decade before settling in the U.S. as a dinner-cruise ship captain.

Five years ago, he opted for dry land and opened a Chick-fil-A franchise in Philadelphia, spending $10,000 upfront and splitting costs 50-50 with the brand thereafter. He’s terminating that contract to launch the New York site, which his wife and three daughters will help run on weekend visits from their South Jersey home. Mr. Fittipaldi has moved to Weehawken, N.J.

And special orders? No problem. “I can make the chicken spicy, if you don’t mind the wait,” he said. “That’s what separates us from the rest of the industry.”

5 years ago for a 10k 50/50 split - that seems super cheap

in and out, jack in the box

Kolache factory

Qdoba needs to be in more places for their queso nachos.

Popeyes is great and should be in more places.

In n Out is great, luckily I live in Southern California.

i looked them up when the IPO came out too. all i could think is “how is this a restaurant?” and this immediately came to mind… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr–_i0JZbs

the only Canadian chains worth growing are New York Fries, Pizza Nova and Teriyaki Experience/Edo Japan. NYF doesn’t have much in terms of menu options but classic poutine and fries and gravy. Pizza Nova is a decent italian style pizza. probably better options in NYC and Cali though. TE/EJ is a decent low fat option but enough salt to kill. I can only assume there is a U.S. version of this type of fast food joint.

Tin Hortons is in RI and MA too.