Regional Fast Food Chains that should Go National

Freddy’s BBQ Joint

a) deep fried crap

b) deep fried crap

c) same as all the others

There is 1 place that should go to Merica. Although it’s not deep fried or coated in cheese so i’m not sure if this chicken will fly in the US.

This place is called ’ chicken shop’ It’s basically rotisserie chicken over fire. DAAMMMNN TASTAY!! .

If you have a better idea than burger or deep fried chicken then let me know. I’m will to part with hard earned cash for a new food concept in London.

Do they have Chipotle in the UK? They’re money printing machines here, although they make so much money that the company doesn’t franchise. You could alway introduce the concept though if not already there.

They actually just opened one round the corner from my workplace. I walked past it today and it was rammed!! I think i’ll go there on monday to check it out. I went to Chilango for lunch today which i guess it pretty similar…burritto etc…

thanks for the idea though! I’m looking for a money spinning idea!

There is an ’ authentic philly cheese steak’ popup van that opened up in earlier this summer. It’s always go so many people outside each lunch time!

If they don’t offer Wiz, it’s not a Philly cheesesteak. I was in the southwest US many years ago on a business trip and decided to order an “authentic Philly cheesesteak” for dinner at my hotel. I almost fell off my chair when the waiter asked me if I’d like it au jus.

thanks for the tip! I’ll go there next week and make sure it’s actually authentic.

the South thinks Philly is in France.

Culver’s

Peet’s coffee & tea

They used to be public before they were bought out by a PE firm.

EDIT: doesn’t qualify as FF but w/e, still legit coffee.

I’ve seen their K-Cups in the supermarket. Had no idea they were a coffee shop.

Zaxbys has been marketing heavily recently

Mostly a west coast (CA bay area) coffee shop but i’ve found their coffee beans at grocery stores all over the country

Highly recommend Major Dickason’s blend.

Any one watch triple-D? (diners, drive-in and dives). They do loads to small town fast food on there, although none are chains. I love that show!

are you from 2008?

“hey, has anyone seen that hip new show? it’s called Senfield i think. i just saw it yesterday and it was hilarious.”

HAHA. True!! Is triple-D really 2008?..

Guy Fieri sucks. He’s basically killed the Food Network.

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/08/how_one_man_destroyed_the_food_network_guy_fieri_has_made_culinary_tv_into_a_viewers_hell/

That might be an exaggeration. However, I don’t really understand that show. It’s basically about one heavy set man stuffing his face with comfort food. With every dish, he uses the same adjectives to describe how great it is to eat a pound of cheese and fat. It is true that he doesn’t actually teach you to make any of that food, nor does he travel to interesting locations (like Anthony Bourdain for instance). After watching the tenth pork sandwich/burger/burrito that Guy Fieri stuffs into his mouth, you have to ask yourself why you are watching this.

I don’t know how you can describe burgers full of ghost chilis as “comfort food”.

I’ve always thought of them that way.

Doesn’t everyone?

(Just wait’ll my Carolina Reapers start producing fruit!)