Regional Fast Food Chains that should Go National

Bubba Gump

whats next, youre gonna tell me iron chef is fake?

http://gothamist.com/2008/02/20/iron_chef_bogus.php

Guy Fieri has an awesome personality. I enjoy his show.

bubba gump shrimp is yet another greasebucket. that said, i like saying the name. bubba gump shrimp

^Hey Matt. You ever been on a real shrimp boat?

^No, but I’ve been on a real big boat.

If you ever have a surplus, I’d be happy to buy them off of you.

I don’t trust anonymous Amazon sellers (e.g. if they mix a few similar-looking milder chilis in there, I am not confident I’d be able to tell.) But an anonymous AF guy should be trustworthy smiley (As long as his handle is S2000magician.)

I watch to gain insights on how other people cook.

Doesn’t necessarily translate into improved cooking skills but it does spark some dinner ideas.

it’s clearly a magic trick. the magic is, they’re just simple habeneros painted red!!!

… And ingesting the paint makes you high enough to think they are hotter?

FWIW, I can tell if something is hotter than a habanero - I have eaten whole habaneros (as a bet and also in a store that had mislabeled them to make sure they were habaneros.) I have also eaten very small spoonfuls of artificial (added capsaicin) 1M+ Scoville hot sauces. Habaneros are far easier to stomach than the sauces. But I don’t know if it is because habaneros are a natural whole chili and sauces are an industrial concoction; or if it is just the heat; or both. IIRC habaneros are 250K Scoville. So if someone mixes a few 500K Scoville chillies and claims 1M, I don’t know if I could tell. Not that it matters for the taste, but at this point it’s the bragging rights.

I went yesterday. Some yank serving up. They had whiz cheese.

^ Glad to see they got that part right. Was the steak thin-slice or chopped? Both are acceptable, but I preferred chopped.

whiz is nasty. america’s worst invention.

^Still better than poutine.

^ them’s fightin words!

^Aren’t you a Leafs fan? I don’t think I could do any more damage.

^ them’s fightin words!

In general, I agree with you. On a cheesesteak though, Wiz is amazing. Provalone isn’t bad, but there’s just something about how the Wiz combines with the grease from the steak that takes it to the next level.

chopped to fine dice on a hot plate.

Beautiful. If they have good rolls, I’d say you’ve got yourself a winner there.